Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Besides the very bizarre editing (apparently noting it is seen as "complaining" but whatever), the whole thing is actually pretty cool, especially Double Talkin' Jive. Its clearly Slash's show and why not, fans waited 15 years for him! ;) (if you count from Vegas/ Rio 2001)

Still, the no-Axl-close-up thing is just bizarre. And everyone would say the same with similar videos without basically the lead singer on screen, from Metallica, Iron Maiden, Pearl Jam, the Stones or whatever.

Lets see the next round, if there's one, sounds interesting! :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't really concentrate on Rose to tell you the truth, let alone his hair style or vocals. It was Slash's gig pure and simple. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, crd26 said:

Could the vocals be overdubbed? Perhaps that is the reason for no close ups of Axl mouthing the words.

Then he wouldn't have messed up the lyrics in CD.

1 hour ago, SoundOfAGun said:

Who the fuck mixed the audio??? The levels are distractingly uneven, the guitars aren't panned, the bass sounds like it has had a high pass filter at 200hz.  Drums are ok, but everything is flat, they need depth in there with either some reverb or blending in some mics that were positioned further back from the amps if they exist.

👏👏👏

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I didn't really concentrate on Rose to tell you the truth, let alone his hair style or vocals. It was Slash's gig pure and simple. 

5 hours ago, nikothebellic said:

 

Glad to see the video after all and anticipate the next ones, but if they would be the same quality and not concert-wise, I’d rather return to fan-made pro-shots or first row videos. 

I'm kind of feeling the same way. Like those noise pollution videos, those sounded great even though it was just phone audio.

Do you guys remember the Coachella stream? I think it was wttj and NR. Those looked and sounded great, and that's what this one should've been like too. Good effort this time around but I would expect better from a band of this size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope they continue to release those clips until they've released every song they've played on this tour or at least until we've got a full length blu ray of those

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm surprised most people seem to love this on Youtube, they are so easy to please. The problem with the internet sometimes is that it gives the wrong impression to creators because a lot of people have extremely poor tastes. Then some other times, real good work gets the attention it deserves so you can't completely rule out the public. But they're completely wrong on this one.

I found this video extremely embarrassing because it tries so much not to be embarrassing when we know the recent shows are LAZY and that Axl has dropped the ball.

My problems with this "surprise":

- Not giving the full show is absolutely retarded at this point, especially when there's not one single surprise in those 13 minutes and it took what, over a month to get this?

- I absolutely hate the use of the "select" word. It's used to make this look like there's some kind of prestige to it, like they're really offering you an incredible gift and you should be thankful. It's like you're in this incredible high class restaurant and tasting various high quality dishes. Except we're talking songs we've heard a million times and not sounding as good as they used to (especially Chinese Democracy, it sounded SO MUCH FUCKING BETTER with Bumblefoot, Fortus and yes sorry to say, Ashba, let alone Buckethead/Robin/Fortus).

- The choice of the songs. Any real fan knows why they picked those. Because Axl uses his lower voice and almost doesn't sing on those 3 songs. Granted he does a decent job on those 3, those are among the few songs in the GN'R catalogue he can still nail. But my point is: there's no risk here. It's not exciting. 

- Any real fan immediately understands why there's no close-up on Axl and the camera focuses so much on Duff to the point it's way too distracting. It's so obvious it produces the opposite wanted effect on me and I'm sure a lot of people feel the same. It makes Axl look insecure and less important than Slash & Duff. And I'd argue that even if he gained weight, close-ups, even from sides, would work much better than the shot trying to make him look slimmer and constantly filming him from above & front.

When you let yourself go this much, don't try to conceal it if you're going for the pro-shot route. Just embrace it and get in shape next time, it will surprise people.

Very poor choice of editing, way too obvious, and amateurish. 

So that's what Fernando was up to? That's what too so much fucking time? I got they would be more in the upcoming weeks but this is LAZY. Give me all the rushes I would do a much better editing than this crap and in much less time and for free.

And at this point, what we would appreciate is new music. If they go for the pro-shot route, do a fucking better job than this and give us something new, something fresh. Why not some interviews with Axl, how he feels, what he's about, his memories of the shows, anything really. This selected crap goes nowhere and has no feels to it. BORING AF.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

What isn't? 

exactly.

Whenever I see an old band perform, it's the same.

I don't see why guns should be judged more harshly for their performances.

compared to say vince neil, Axl isn't doing so bad.

but it's all just nostalgia by this point.

People expect a creatively thriving band, it's just unrealistic expectations

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not exactly a lover of TB or how Guns manage affairs in general... but some of you need to get a grip! 
 

This is not an official release. It’s just a bit of live concert footage. I think it’s pretty cool. A much better effort than the years of silence we’ve experienced before. 
 

Enjoy it for what it is, don’t hate it for what’s it not or was never intended to be.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was pleasantly surprised when I saw this. I stayed awake to watch it.

Might watch it again later. 

Hopefully there's more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, action said:

compared to say vince neil, Axl isn't doing so bad.

Please... Vince Neil is one of the worst example you could take. 

Why not compare Axl to one of the best examples? Compared to Steven Tyler, Axl is doing very bad. And Steven Tyler is over 10 years older than Axl. He still looks great & sings great. Axl used to be on the same level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, action said:

exactly.

Whenever I see an old band perform, it's the same.

I don't see why guns should be judged more harshly for their performances.

compared to say vince neil, Axl isn't doing so bad.

but it's all just nostalgia by this point.

People expect a creatively thriving band, it's just unrealistic expectations

Yeah, just enjoy it for what it is. If you can't, that's fine too. I can't imagine all the energy people waste on getting disappointed over and over again. Well, some people thrive on that of course.

It's funny how people who enjoyed this, are being labeled as easy to please, low standards and pretending as if everything is okay, while the critics of course only have valid criticism :rolleyes: We're all on a GNR forum, no need to be arrogant about other posters' taste.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully we can compile all of these together once they release at least one performance from every song on this tour (assume that’s what they’re planning to do).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I ain't professional but the sounds from videos is so shallow as if someone were playing music on one weak speaker.

Edited by Politania

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

wow, we got 13 minutes of content LOLOLOL, what a fucking joke.  Other bands are posting full shows (OR MORE)  weekly.  Fuck this band.

Edited by tsinindy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We knew they weren't gonna post full shows, though. :shrugs:

I honestly expected them to just post It's So Easy for the first video, so 3 songs isn't bad. Yes, bands like Metallica are posting full shows... but they also regularly change up their setlist. If GNR posted multiple NITL shows we'd complain that they keep posting basically the same show. :lol: If they keep posting a few songs from various gigs until we have a 'full show', I'm happy with that.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

wow, we got 13 minutes of content LOLOLOL, what a fucking joke.  Other bands are posting full shows (OR MORE)  weekly.  Fuck this band.

They are posting every week jesus christ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for My English but the only thing they had to do was filming the houston show and release it entirely one month ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

They are posting every week jesus christ.

The easy comparation is Metallica. I know there are things we don't like about them but on this subject they are exactly what at least i want from a band. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, agustingloger said:

The easy comparation is Metallica. I know there are things we don't like about them but on this subject they are exactly what at least i want from a band. 

Ok and again GNR is just getting started on posting  shit.  Metallica has been doing it alot longer so they have everything worked out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

They are posting every week jesus christ.

Uh.....13 minutes LOL, its a joke. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, D.. said:

I'm surprised most people seem to love this on Youtube, they are so easy to please. The problem with the internet sometimes is that it gives the wrong impression to creators because a lot of people have extremely poor tastes. Then some other times, real good work gets the attention it deserves so you can't completely rule out the public. But they're completely wrong on this one.

I found this video extremely embarrassing because it tries so much not to be embarrassing when we know the recent shows are LAZY and that Axl has dropped the ball.

My problems with this "surprise":

- Not giving the full show is absolutely retarded at this point, especially when there's not one single surprise in those 13 minutes and it took what, over a month to get this?

- I absolutely hate the use of the "select" word. It's used to make this look like there's some kind of prestige to it, like they're really offering you an incredible gift and you should be thankful. It's like you're in this incredible high class restaurant and tasting various high quality dishes. Except we're talking songs we've heard a million times and not sounding as good as they used to (especially Chinese Democracy, it sounded SO MUCH FUCKING BETTER with Bumblefoot, Fortus and yes sorry to say, Ashba, let alone Buckethead/Robin/Fortus).

- The choice of the songs. Any real fan knows why they picked those. Because Axl uses his lower voice and almost doesn't sing on those 3 songs. Granted he does a decent job on those 3, those are among the few songs in the GN'R catalogue he can still nail. But my point is: there's no risk here. It's not exciting. 

- Any real fan immediately understands why there's no close-up on Axl and the camera focuses so much on Duff to the point it's way too distracting. It's so obvious it produces the opposite wanted effect on me and I'm sure a lot of people feel the same. It makes Axl look insecure and less important than Slash & Duff. And I'd argue that even if he gained weight, close-ups, even from sides, would work much better than the shot trying to make him look slimmer and constantly filming him from above & front.

When you let yourself go this much, don't try to conceal it if you're going for the pro-shot route. Just embrace it and get in shape next time, it will surprise people.

Very poor choice of editing, way too obvious, and amateurish. 

So that's what Fernando was up to? That's what too so much fucking time? I got they would be more in the upcoming weeks but this is LAZY. Give me all the rushes I would do a much better editing than this crap and in much less time and for free.

And at this point, what we would appreciate is new music. If they go for the pro-shot route, do a fucking better job than this and give us something new, something fresh. Why not some interviews with Axl, how he feels, what he's about, his memories of the shows, anything really. This selected crap goes nowhere and has no feels to it. BORING AF.

There's literally too much wrong with your comment for me to bother to correct. If it bothers you so much just avoid it.

37 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

wow, we got 13 minutes of content LOLOLOL, what a fucking joke.  Other bands are posting full shows (OR MORE)  weekly.  Fuck this band.

Your comment is a joke. Moving on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, agustingloger said:

The easy comparation is Metallica. I know there are things we don't like about them but on this subject they are exactly what at least i want from a band. 

Metallica has thought out, monetized and hired people to handle their catalog of shows over the last decade. To think GNR can get something up and running similar in less than a month is a bit short sighted and simply not fair to compare. Apples and oranges 
 

It’s the first time they’ve done this. Let’s see what happens. If people respond well, maybe they will look into putting some more thought behind it. They certainly aren’t afraid of $ 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×