Not In This Lifetime Tour: Best Moments

4 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Estranged in Mexico 2016 is a big moment for me. It was the first time I really felt how different it is with Slash. Axl was carrying out the notes beautifully here, Slash looking iconic, and then the rain hits on the second half of the song. Really cool moment and probably the best estranged performance since the 90’s. You could tell they were into it. 

And it’s my favorite song so it was great to see it get the justice it deserves 

I recall not being too bothered with the Mexico shows in terms of watching footage, but that is quite possibly the best version of the song I’ve heard. The first few lines Axl sings has always sounded a bit odd to me, but here he sounds great and more so throughout the verses!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

3. 2017 St. Louis show. I was at this one and I could just tell that Axl put a little extra effort into this show than he had with the others. It's still the best concert I've ever seen. 

He did in Philly 2016 as well.  I went to 3 NITL shows and Philly was really magical.  Axl had something to prove that night and he brought it for sure.

• GNFNR 1

9 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Ha! You just made me google it, you bastard!!

You’re right BTW, he did it on Buffalo too. Too bad there’re no videos of it. I’ll see if I can get it from the show thread :) 

EDIT: so there’s no fucking footage of him singing OWB... not even on the old Facebook streams from the show thread. But it did happen because there are some comments about it

And thanks!! I also remember the “SECURITY FUCKHEAD” from Paris during Better. That’s another epic moment as it is the closest thing we got to old Axl :P

these was the WTF moment to Slash too!!😨:lol:

That is a great list.  Don't think I can improve upon it.

For me the Adler appearances were the best part.  To hear those songs sound so fucking "right" with him drumming and to see that big cheesy grin on his face was very special.  If only they'd give him and Izzy a run....  *sigh*

• Like 4

5 hours ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

Back when the old tracker was up, I remember being there, and looking at Periscopes of the Vegas show.. and we hear the heartbeat for Coma. I lost my mind.. Got to finally see my first GN'R show. Man oh man, the Atlanta '16 show was really something.

I get my GN'R fandom from my dad, he went to THREE UYI tour shows. He unfortunately passed when I was eight years old. It was incredibly cathartic. I honestly thought after 2012 that GN'R was dead.. they'd tour with the Nu band; but never be interesting. Never sound good, just attempt to be a facsimile of the 2010 lineup. Man oh man how things change. 

Let's hope for more GN'R material soon!

Very cool here.  ATL was my first GNR show as well, before 2016 I was positive I was never going to get to see my favorite band live, I'll never forget that one.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dean said:

I recall not being too bothered with the Mexico shows in terms of watching footage, but that is quite possibly the best version of the song I’ve heard. The first few lines Axl sings has always sounded a bit odd to me, but here he sounds great and more so throughout the verses!

Yea Axl was carrying out the notes properly and getting a little grit on the vocals. That show was great. I think it was April 20th night two. They played TWAT and Yesterday’s here.  Axl’s “you’re gonna diiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeee” in Jungle intro was incredible too 

Edited by IncitingChaos
  • GNFNR 1