2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

Andy Wallace (presumably) put together a Dizzy Reed bongos version of Madagascar that leaked way back.

I can only hope there’s more weird alternative versions that will come out (and ideally in an additional instrumental form so I can appreciate all of the textures and details).

Fingers crossed.

Just now, alangarcianr said:

So... can we expect any leak soon? Apparently this guy has more CD era stuff. But why sell it to the Band? I thought Tean Brazil was the enemy 

He's not a fan, he buys storage lockers. He will sell to the highest bidder. I don't blame him.

• Like 3

If someone happens upon something rare and valuable, and is offered a large legal sum by the rightful copyright owner to turn it over, that is a way better, and smarter option than risking criminal and/or civil legal issues leaking or selling anything to an unauthorized party.

So, I can't blame them either, especially if they are not a fan of the band.

Of course I'd prefer to have such material to myself instead, assuming it exists in this case. Imagine the trading opportunities. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

I think it’s BS, he’s still pissed because he got duped out of 3 grand by Rick and now he wants some payback. The podcast needs to have some proof or a good level of detail if he wants people to take this seriously

I hope it's BS because the thought of some non fan with Soul Monster/Oklahoma with vocals while the rest of us may never hear them is too much to bear.

13 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Maybe because the guy, from what he said, was "approached" legally by both Axl's and UMG's lawyers about the GnR stuff, so he doesn't want to talk openly about what else there was in the storage locker.

The fax picture:

cd_son11.jpg

What’s the story behind this?  Who took this photo and where was it sourced? The locker?

Engel & Engel appeared to be a professional services firm that does forensic accounting. Strange 

Edited by nycgunner

11 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

What’s the story behind this?  Who took this photo and where was it sourced? The locker?

Yeah, it's supposed to be from the storage locker. Rick had posted it (I think). Some people ended up thinking it was fake, because it was presented as a supposed list of the contents of a 21st cd from the Village sessions. But it obviously looks like a legal/business document (a contract?) and it always looked real to me as that, because I can't imagine that someone would come up with making a fake fax page instead of a fake simple document page.

Engel & Engel appeared to be a professional services firm that does forensic accounting. Strange 

There was also an Engel who was an entertainment lawyer and had worked with many artists and also with Interscope.

Edited by Blackstar
added
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, marlon_brando said:

Not sure if any of this is welcomed in the main discussion, apologies in advance. Feeling a bit depressed in my lonely quarentine and it's a good exercise to share something about a band you follow.

I've been in and out of this place since 2007, rarely posting anything, but following closely every little thing there was to know about NuGn'R. Only went to two shows, one in 2010 (Sao Paulo) and the other in 2011 (Rock In Rio) and the lack of new music pretty much killed the desire to see this band on a live setting ever again. Since my passion relied on the novelties this band could bring - never cared for a reunion at all - things were pretty stale for me...until these recent CD Leaks. A friend of mine who also follows this band found a way to hear some of these songs and I fell in love, at first, with 'D Tune', later with 'Perhaps', 'State of Grace', 'Atlas' and a whole other bunch. Some of these songs cheered up my trips to Curitiba, where my girlfriend is currently studying to attain a medical degree (last year I was finishing my engineering graduation in one city and working in another, both cities in Sao Paulo state, search in Maps for how far we were apart).

During one particular trip, I talked to my grandmother over the phone - also my mom, given that she raised me - with 'D Tune' in the background. It was a really strange conversation, because I couldn't tell her I was making these trips. Given the distance, it would only raise concerns about my safety and she wouldn't rest easy, so it was best to lie and make calls with songs in the background cancelling unusual noises of my girl's place. So, long story short: at this particular time, I ran into trouble with my car a few hours before returning to Sao Paulo. A flat tire, followed by three broken wheel nuts (not really my fault, later found it was poor material and a lazy insertion with pneumatic wrench), in a sunday, where not a single mechanic I called was willing to fix it. My only option was to tow the car back all the way through my insurance company and find a bus or take a ride through carpooling apps. Ended it up taking a ride and the car was indeed towed. Anyway, the whole unpleasantness was also dealt in better spirits with help of some of these songs. Subsequent trips were made with me getting the willies everytime some of these songs showed while I was still in the middle of the road :lol:

In december, due to a series of strokes - followed by sepsis - my mom passed away. And there I was, three days before she passed, going alone in the road, past midnight, after getting that one call you wouldn't want to get, not knowing if I could get into her city in time (not Curitiba, but same state), again accompanied by some of these songs. It is a whole period of my life that now, specially when I'm driving, come back as vivid as it can when any of these songs show up. The outro of 'D Tune' is beautifully constructed in a way that those piano notes rebuild, in my head, every significant event of my life who took place in Q3/Q4 2019, and it will always bring back memories of my mom, my trips and that particular call. A song which most people don't even know, who came to our knowledge by unfortunate means, obviously not intended as a final product by the creator, having this much impact on someone's life. It's...eerie. Not sure if someone's been affected in a similar way, would like to hear if yes.

That's the power of music my friend, sorry to hear about your grandmother. 

Edited by lame ass security

I feel the same. I remember scouring the internet to find leaks and there was always mention of the elusive lost amazing tracks Checkmate and Atlas Shrugged. Upon hearing them i was in awe of what was unreleased and i felt honestly proud to be a part of this community in them times. It was the stuff that bought us together in this forum, people are too negative abt new live shows and while they do disappoint sometimes its them magical positive moments when almost impossible things happen that really bought us all together.

6 hours ago, marlon_brando said:

Not sure if any of this is welcomed in the main discussion, apologies in advance. Feeling a bit depressed in my lonely quarentine and it's a good exercise to share something about a band you follow.

I've been in and out of this place since 2007, rarely posting anything, but following closely every little thing there was to know about NuGn'R. Only went to two shows, one in 2010 (Sao Paulo) and the other in 2011 (Rock In Rio) and the lack of new music pretty much killed the desire to see this band on a live setting ever again. Since my passion relied on the novelties this band could bring - never cared for a reunion at all - things were pretty stale for me...until these recent CD Leaks. A friend of mine who also follows this band found a way to hear some of these songs and I fell in love, at first, with 'D Tune', later with 'Perhaps', 'State of Grace', 'Atlas' and a whole other bunch. Some of these songs cheered up my trips to Curitiba, where my girlfriend is currently studying to attain a medical degree (last year I was finishing my engineering graduation in one city and working in another, both cities in Sao Paulo state, search in Maps for how far we were apart).

During one particular trip, I talked to my grandmother over the phone - also my mom, given that she raised me - with 'D Tune' in the background. It was a really strange conversation, because I couldn't tell her I was making these trips. Given the distance, it would only raise concerns about my safety and she wouldn't rest easy, so it was best to lie and make calls with songs in the background cancelling unusual noises of my girl's place. So, long story short: at this particular time, I ran into trouble with my car a few hours before returning to Sao Paulo. A flat tire, followed by three broken wheel nuts (not really my fault, later found it was poor material and a lazy insertion with pneumatic wrench), in a sunday, where not a single mechanic I called was willing to fix it. My only option was to tow the car back all the way through my insurance company and find a bus or take a ride through carpooling apps. Ended it up taking a ride and the car was indeed towed. Anyway, the whole unpleasantness was also dealt in better spirits with help of some of these songs. Subsequent trips were made with me getting the willies everytime some of these songs showed while I was still in the middle of the road :lol:

In december, due to a series of strokes - followed by sepsis - my mom passed away. And there I was, three days before she passed, going alone in the road, past midnight, after getting that one call you wouldn't want to get, not knowing if I could get into her city in time (not Curitiba, but same state), again accompanied by some of these songs. It is a whole period of my life that now, specially when I'm driving, come back as vivid as it can when any of these songs show up. The outro of 'D Tune' is beautifully constructed in a way that those piano notes rebuild, in my head, every significant event of my life who took place in Q3/Q4 2019, and it will always bring back memories of my mom, my trips and that particular call. A song which most people don't even know, who came to our knowledge by unfortunate means, obviously not intended as a final product by the creator, having this much impact on someone's life. It's...eerie. Not sure if someone's been affected in a similar way, would like to hear if yes.

Sorry about your mom. Meus pêsames. 

It's the thing with music. As much as I love GNR, I don't think I have this kind of relation to any of their songs. I mean, sure hearing Estranged live back in 2017 with Slash and Duff back was a trully magical moment, but it was more about the circumstances. 

But I do have a lot of songs that are tied to moments in my life. Some of them I can't even listen again, as much as I love it (like Fiona Apple's Love Ridding). 

On 4/8/2020 at 4:13 AM, Dean said:

The first buyer received more items, DAT tapes etc which are presumably from the Appetite sessions and whatever else.

I would love to hear those.

On 4/8/2020 at 5:03 AM, Creed said:

I think Robert Bird was too hard on Rick. In particular, I didn't like the part of the podcast where he insulted superfans for naming their kids after a member of a band. Honestly, it was offensive to me because everybody who meets my son loves that we named him Bumblefoot.

3va43b.jpg

Idk man I can't say I don't disagree with him.

13 hours ago, Creed said:

If Bird really bought the locker for 100k, which i doubt, than its pretty obvious for me that Zutaut sold it on purpose. Zutaut knew that he wont be GnR's manager again. And its the only way for Bird and Zutaut to sell copyrighted stuff legally. Bird didnt bought unreleased music. He bought a storage with stuff in it. Now the stuff is his property. I guess we are still in a grey zone here, but both, Bird and Zutaut, are on a safe side, imo. Even Rick is a free man...

The only problem is: we have no evidence that bird has the stuff, he is talking about

13 hours ago, nycgunner said:

That picture came Bird. He sent me pictures of paintings, Song list, and told me about the hard drive with over 600 songs. He didn't pay 100K on the locker. I was actually informed that he made close or over 100K off the locker.