Likelihood of Alt songs this leg.

this band likes to troll though. Axls past 100% verifies that. 

I always think Slash is trolling, right before Jungle, he plays the very first notes of I Don’t Care About You. Guess what? No one notices, or cares.

Here we have Slash throwing a bone to the hardcores, while Axl probably trolls for the sake of trolling. 

the interesting thing about this tour is that GNR has been mixing up the meat and bones of the the Setlist pretty much every night. I think the question we should be asking is what is it going to take to get Axl to actually perform these songs? Duff plays UYI songs on his tour. Slash was the reason Double Talkin Jive AND Coma are back in the set... You cant tell me its the vocal range problem, because why the FUCK would he pick biblical songs like Coma or Locomotive to interchange? i mean if you look at it in this light, the setlist is the same its been since 1991. Just interchange any B-side from the UYI era with a CD track that Duff and Slash are willing to play.

if anything it only detracts from the bands image. 1 album in 27 years is one thing. Having the SAME setlist structure and STILL bringing out songs you havent played in 25 years after touring for the pst 3 is another...

4 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

this band likes to troll though. Axls past 100% verifies that. 

I always think Slash is trolling, right before Jungle, he plays the very first notes of I Don’t Care About You. Guess what? No one notices, or cares.

Here we have Slash throwing a bone to the hardcores, while Axl probably trolls for the sake of trolling. 

the interesting thing about this tour is that GNR has been mixing up the meat and bones of the the Setlist pretty much every night. I think the question we should be asking is what is it going to take to get Axl to actually perform these songs? Duff plays UYI songs on his tour. Slash was the reason Double Talkin Jive AND Coma are back in the set... You cant tell me its the vocal range problem, because why the FUCK would he pick biblical songs like Coma or Locomotive to interchange? i mean if you look at it in this light, the setlist is the same its been since 1991. Just interchange any B-side from the UYI era with a CD track that Duff and Slash are willing to play.

if anything it only detracts from the bands image. 1 album in 27 years is one thing. Having the SAME setlist structure and STILL bringing out songs you havent played in 25 years after touring for the pst 3 is another...

Good post. I think its great metallica change their set nightly because it also stops them feeling bored and going the through the motions. I suppose the setlist change keeps them sane for a 2 year tour. Maybe gnr think there are more casuals than hardcore fans so they may think why bother?. I wish they would bust out obscure songs just like they did on the illusions tour. They didnt care what songs they did then on the illusions tour  and they shouldnt care now. 

5 hours ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

why would they soundcheck it though? (is this even confirmed? I know several people claimed they did but were these even trustworthy "sources"?)

I also still have a strange feeling this this is in the new terminator (despite what slash said) and they're waiting for the movie release to debut the song. The movie debuts Nov 1st. GNR is in Vegas for night 1 Nov 1st. 

Did the band play ycbm on the illusions tour before T2 was released?.

On 10/22/2019 at 8:12 AM, MildlyArtistic said:

I definitely feel like calling bullshit on the soundcheck rumour. A venue with over 5000 people and not even at least one shit quality snippet of it? 

People claimed it was soundchecked when they were lining up, and then later that night, the song was confirmed to be on the alt setlist.

31 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

You all realize there is a recording of Hardschool soundchecked, right? It sounded absolutely awful, not surprised they haven’t played it. 

This is the first I have heard of that, are you sure whatever you heard is real?  If there was a recording of Hardschool soundchecked out there, there is no way the GNR forums or discords would not have heard about it at this point

Edited by WhazUp

1 hour ago, jacdaniel said:

You all realize there is a recording of Hardschool soundchecked, right? It sounded absolutely awful, not surprised they haven’t played it. 

Is it maybe one of the tribute bands rehearsing it your thinking of ? I think I remember seeing that posted 

Edited by Gold top 78
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

2 hours ago, Gold top 78 said:

Is it maybe one of the tribute bands rehearsing it your thinking of ? I think I remember seeing that posted 

There were two fakes. One was a tribute band rehearsing it, the other was someone just playing the studio track trying to make it sound like a rehearsal. In short, it was probably never soundchecked. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MildlyArtistic said:

I'm of the opinion that if nobody in an audience of 5,000 people took their phone out to record audio of the Hardschool soundtrack, it probably didn't happen.

Especially when we've got a handful of diehards swearing that it was soundchecked. Surely if it was, at least one mega fan would've recorded it?

As @RussTCB mentioned, the ‘performance footage’ one was of a tribute band. I initially thought it was legit until I started to listen.......I’m glad it wasn’t as it was very rough. However - fair play to that band for even attempting to play it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

People claimed it was soundchecked when they were lining up, and then later that night, the song was confirmed to be on the alt setlist.

5 hours ago, MildlyArtistic said:

I'm of the opinion that if nobody in an audience of 5,000 people took their phone out to record audio of the Hardschool soundtrack, it probably didn't happen.

Especially when we've got a handful of diehards swearing that it was soundchecked. Surely if it was, at least one mega fan would've recorded it?

But I didn’t record it so :shrugs: 

6 hours ago, RussTCB said:

There were two fakes. One was a tribute band rehearsing it, the other was someone just playing the studio track trying to make it sound like a rehearsal. In short, it was probably never soundchecked. 

Yes it was sound checked. I totally get that: no recording means no proof. Sorry, I guess I’m too old to remember to whip out my phone every time I’m enjoying something in real life :lol:

7 minutes ago, Ant said:

Since they played Dead Horse....

what about Breakdown! How epic would that be.

Or Pretty Tied Up! Great Song, low range vocals, should suit Axl very well, it puzzles me that this is not even on the Alt. list 

Edited by SAU3R
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Kardeshma said:

Does anybody remember which songs where on the Alt. Setlist? Since two of them already have been played, it doesn't seem unlikley that more will appear on the regular setlist.

Nevermind, I found them on setlist.fm; according to that source the songs were:

"Yesterdays", "Used To Love Her", "Black Hole Sun", "Don't Cry", "The Seeker", "My Michelle", "Out Ta Get Me", "Sorry", "Dead Horse", "Locomotive", "Hard School", "Prostitute", "There Was A Time", "Catcher In The Rye", "So Fine", "Benny & The Jets" and "Madagascar"

Most of them were or are played quite regulary, so the last really interesting songs would be Hardschool and so Fine; although I would also really enjoy Outta get me, My Michelle and CITR.