New Guns N' Roses Pinball revealed

1 hour ago, Amaya said:

These are  pretty pinball machines. Really nice. Big. Colorful. Bright. Total arcade , authentic looking.

I see no  reference to Steve, Matt, Gilby, and what was the other guy, some  other guy...what's his name....not important. He did nothing, brought nothing to GnR. Nah, nothing. No one. Lol.

I agree with some  of  you , ok. A pinball machine.  Definitely the thing for someone to buy with a lot of space at  one of their homes  like a game room and  a theater and a family room and a kids den and  a formal living room  and lots of money collecting dust. 

Whatever. No. This is not for average  fan.

I AM NOT KNOCKING anyone who can afford it. I see some of ya’ll posts are pro and con.

If GnR , their right, wants to go that way marketing, then go that way.

If there is a market for it, limited editions, of high end things, ok. 
Go for it then.

Ultra cool, nice. Custom Harley Davidsons GnR logo’ed out. This bands only , really 3 cds, are just iconic in pop culture, rick on their own. Add, the  characters, figures on stage of Axl ( 1980s to about 1997) and Slash plus Duff too. 

Less expensive, but still higher end, pictures like a wrap-around  for trucks and cars.

15 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

sarcasm? 

I mean I wasn't expecting them to be featured on the game (just like Izzy wasn't on the 1994 one) but I would've preferred if it was just the 3 on this one. I guess this shows us that this lineup is here to stay, Fortus and Frank included.

I would love to see a SMKC game, with Fitzy and Dammit and Frankie and Myles and Slash doing voiceovers and maybe they record some new music for the game.

21 hours ago, Alejandro GNR said:

The extended AFD cross is as disrespectful to their history as it may get....

WTF are they thinking about?!?!?!

I disagree. I think it's about time they act like a real and current band and highlight current members vs casting them in shadows. I am over the nostalgia tour. Give us new music with current lineup.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, soon said:

Interesting that Slash began working on this before the reunion. And it turned out being a NITL theme!

I wonder if working on this, interacting with Axls people, helped or played a factor in the reunion?

When i saw the post about slash doibg a GNR pin in 2013 he woukd have needed duff and axls people to sign off on this. As a guess if slash and axl hadnt had a cordial relationship axl would have straight up said no. But im wondering if there was some sort of ice breaking arpund that time.

If slash and axl still hadnt had a personal relationship, and slash most likely would have been rejected from licencing the GNR name for the pinball i doubt slash would have pursued this.......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GnR Chris said:

I disagree. I think it's about time they act like a real and current band and highlight current members vs casting them in shadows. I am over the nostalgia tour. Give us new music with current lineup.

I think using the iconic cross from AFD is poor taste. Im sure they could use some other design to promote the current lineup without using past designs. By doing a new design with the new members, it promotes a new phase of tge band.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, thunderram said:

You poor deprived baby. Maybe you should consider devoting all your time to following KISS? But something tells me you’d then complain about KISS’ level of output compared to some other band.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

I wonder if any of you entitled fans will ever get it through your head that these guys don’t have to do what you would like them to do. They’re not puppets and you’re not their puppet master.

Quentin Tarantino has said many times he’s gonna stop making movies after his 10th. Does he not have the right to do that? And live off the career he’s already created?? Or is he some kind of indentured servant to his loyal fans for the rest of his life?

Spoiled, entitled millennials.

The Tarantino analogy is pretty fucking solid. But, the internet breeds negativity. Especially on forums, so it’s par for the course. 

16 hours ago, thunderram said:

Only fans (allegedly) like this would find some angle to bitch, whine, and complain about. Par for the effing course.

Funny how the collector’s edition has already sold out since, well, people can’t work or afford rent. Baffling.

Bunch of snowflakes around these parts. Nothing better to do than mock and complain. About anything and everything.

I mean, since the band doesn’t obey your commands of new music and seemingly doesn’t do a damn thing you like — wtf are people like you doing on a site dedicated to the band? Why do you waste your time here?

Don’t answer the rhetorical questions. I already know the answers. 

I’m just here to beat a dead horse just the same as you.
You guys get to incessantly complain about new music and everything the band does and doesn’t do and I get to complain incessantly about your incessant complaining. 

And the world continues to spin round and round.

Unbelievable.

You people cannot be for real.

The Collectors edition was far and away the best product of the 3. I’m not surprised it sold out fast. The base edition was pretty gross looking. 

32 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

The Tarantino analogy is pretty fucking solid. But, the internet breeds negativity. Especially on forums, so it’s par for the course. 

Well....not really. If he's said he's stopping making films, ok fair enough. I think we'd all welcome GNR telling us upfront there will never be another album. 

There's nothing negative whatsoever about fans of a band wanting new music.....and perhaps not being too impressed when instead they get things like pinball machines. Being annoyed and frustrated isn't being negative.

Most people posting simply couldn't give a flying fuck about a pinball machine really, one way or the other. They're just frustrated by a long run of things that aren't music related. I'm very surprised anyone interprets that as negativity really. If anything it's an incredibly positive thing that after all these years of nothing people still care. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

The Collectors edition was far and away the best product of the 3. I’m not surprised it sold out fast. The base edition was pretty gross looking. 

I didn't care for the art on the CE at all, and WTF is up with the purple CE armor?  The only thing the CE had over the LE for me was the physical ball lock, but since the gameplay is the same between the CE and LE it was a no-brainer to go with the LE for me.

Total agreement on the Standard. Hideous. Decently priced for operators, though, and should earn well.

Regardless of LE/CE preference, it's a fantastic machine, and a good week to be a GNR pinball fan. Hopefully a good week for GNR music fans is in the not-too-distant future as well.

12 hours ago, Rockytop said:

I've got the CE version coming.  I'm a big pinball guy and have been in the hobby for a long time. 

The game looks pretty amazing.

Here's a link to the breakdown of what comes with the CE. 

http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Games/Guns-N-Roses/Guns-N-Roses-Collectors-Edition-Pinball-Machine.html

Why didn’t you purchase the litho one? I mean the collectors edition is legit, I’m just curious what pushed you towards the CE. Congrats by the way, this thing is a work of art.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

Absolutely agree but design something new, you dont need to replace the original cross logo...

Just make something that represents the new line up...they are waaaaay too lazy

Lmao the comments on their Instagram page are hilarious, every single one of them is just FFS are you kidding we need an album

There's some sort of unintentional comedy gold in this band refusing to release an album, and just continuing to put stuff out on their pages like "Here's GNR toy trucks!" "here's a pinball machine!", just stuff no one asked for.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Maybe Axl and Slash secretly made peace with one another in 2013, with plans to eventually reunite a few years down the road? Would explain why Axl seemed to be on “autopilot” in the 2013-2014 timeframe.

I think Axl always knew there would be a reunion. The legacy of GNR is important to Axl. And, there is no way he was going to leave GNR with an image of DJ Ashba and half empty theaters. I still can’t ascertain whether he intends to release one more album. But if GNR release an album it’s going to have to be worthy of the name. I don’t think most people here seem to care about the quality of new music. I don’t want a half assed or low quality GNR album. 

29 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Why didn’t you purchase the litho one? I mean the collectors edition is legit, I’m just curious what pushed you towards the CE. Congrats by the way, this thing is a work of art.

Good question. Fair warning...pinball nerd talk might be hard to follow. 

The CE has:

250 more RGB LED lights than the LE

A physical ball lock in the apron that the LE doesn't have 

A real mirrored  backglass vs translight 

Axl, Slash, and Duff's signatures

It has some other sculpts around the shooter knob and action button. 

A topper with more lights and a Soundbar. 

Mirrored decals on the cabinet that should look great in person. 

I love the look of the LE cabinet, but Arian did the artwork on the CE, so I'm sure it will look great. 

• Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

I think using the iconic cross from AFD is poor taste. Im sure they could use some other design to promote the current lineup without using past designs. By doing a new design with the new members, it promotes a new phase of tge band.

This isn't even the first time they've used that cross, it was on the 2020 tour advertisement back whenever they announced the dates. It's really not a big deal, actually I'm surprised that more people here aren't excited about it - they added Matt and Gilby to the cross on the first pinball machine, then fired them not long afterwards. :lol:

Just now, Rockytop said:

Good question. Fair warning...pinball nerd talk might be hard to follow. 

The CE has:

250 more RGB LED lights than the LE

A physical ball lock in the apron that the LE doesn't have 

A real mirrored  backglass vs translight 

Axl, Slash, and Duff's signatures

It has some other sculpts around the shooter knob and action button. 

A topper with more lights and a Soundbar. 

Mirrored decals on the cabinet that should look great in person. 

I love the look of the LE cabinet, but Arian did the artwork on the CE, so I'm sure it will look great. 

No, thank you for the education. I just checked out the specs. Wow. Only 500. You were wise to snatch one up. I mistakenly believed thousands were manufactured. The signature card is cool. I watched the video of the lead designer. It’s impressive the amount of work that went into this machine. I’m glad GNR was chosen to represent such a badass machine.  

11 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Another winner of a post! 

Has it occurred to you that the people buying this pinball machine might not be the same people who can't work or pay rent?! 

Always good to get a few more "snowflake" accusations in. Nails your colours to the mast as to your leanings in certain other aspects of life.......

Cool that you pop up every so often to slag everyone else off though. Perhaps pop over to Facebook/Twitter etc too. Those "entitled millennials" are getting a little rowdy too. Best put them in their place pronto hey?

Don't forget to let them know how well the pinball machines are selling, and how they shouldn't complain about not being able to pay their rent as a result. 

See you next time GNR release something tacky? Same place, same time? Always a hoot. 

Do you feel this pinball machine is tacky?

10 hours ago, Rockytop said:

Someone else pointed this out in the thread, but I think what JJP was sent was probably video only, or was told only to use video. The pinball uses the studio masters for the music. 

JJP got all the assets because Slash is passionate about pinball and wanted to help make the best game possible. Slash, Duff, and Melissa also did callouts for the pin. Callouts in a pinball machine are all the audio cues telling you what to do or what you just did...like shouting jackpot. 

I get why fans are upset about no new music or live concert releases, but this is a niche product in a tiny market and Slash made it all happen. I'm guessing larger, more traditional type of GnR releases are a much more laborious and debated process. 

I don’t see how the band would only send video. How would the designers know which video to synch to the songs? Regardless, 18 shows feels excessive for a tour that was routine. 

6 minutes ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

I mean it can't just be slash noodling right?

It could be.  "Album Modes are all single ball modes, and all have unique music composed and performed by Slash for the pinball machine."

That's from the really in-depth preview at https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/guns-n-roses-pinball-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more/

^^^ Well worth the read.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1