New Guns N' Roses Pinball revealed

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Well....not really. If he's said he's stopping making films, ok fair enough. I think we'd all welcome GNR telling us upfront there will never be another album. 

There's nothing negative whatsoever about fans of a band wanting new music.....and perhaps not being too impressed when instead they get things like pinball machines. Being annoyed and frustrated isn't being negative.

Most people posting simply couldn't give a flying fuck about a pinball machine really, one way or the other. They're just frustrated by a long run of things that aren't music related. I'm very surprised anyone interprets that as negativity really. If anything it's an incredibly positive thing that after all these years of nothing people still care. 

GNR are iconic, so people will always care. I mean people loved fat Elvis. People ask for new music but who really cares about anything the Stones put out since 1980? I just don’t know if these guys can gel and produce new music with Axl. Metallica and U2 have recently out some of their best work, but those bands have been writing and touring for decades. 

• GNFNR 1

13 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

The Duff thing was in 2010, and then it was very beginning of 2014 (like January) when it was announced that Duff would fill  in for Tommy on the South America tour that year.

BTW, not sure if this has already been discussed here, but on reddit someone told fernando “we want those 18 full shows you sent to the pinball company” and he responded with “yeah, I’m sure you do.” Lol what a cocktease!

in all seriousness, my guess is that the pinball team was only sent video, and not audio. Perhaps none of the audio has ever been mixed, and that’s why the selects always take so long. Also, I get why the band may be hesitant to release a full show to the public. All of the NITL shows were pretty much the same, so they really only have one shot to “get it right,” when it comes to releasing a Blu-ray or live album. Hopefully it still happens this year tho, so that next year can be focused solely on the UYI anniversary (I’ve already given up on the prospect of a new album).

Why does nando log into Reddit only to tell fans half bullshitted answers and just mock them?. What other band manager logs into reddit to communicate with fans?. What an arseclown. Sometimes i wonder why i buy gnr merch when arseclowns like this get my money.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

"Exclusive Original Instrumentation and Sound Effect Recordings performed by Slash, Duff McKagan, and Richard Fortus"

And probably a drum machine?

Well at least with a drum machine, the band dont have to tell coach in what tempo to play the music to. Besides they woukd use it as last piece of a song anyway.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I think using the iconic cross from AFD is poor taste. Im sure they could use some other design to promote the current lineup without using past designs. By doing a new design with the new members, it promotes a new phase of tge band.

Yeah a new design would be great, and it wouldn't be hard to find someone to do it.

10 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Why does nando log into Reddit only to tell fans half bullshitted answers and just mock them?. What other band manager logs into reddit to communicate with fans?. What an arseclown. Sometimes i wonder why i buy gnr merch when arseclowns like this get my money.

Right? It's like he enjoys messing with the fans.

23 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Yeah a new design would be great, and it wouldn't be hard to find someone to do it.

Right? It's like he enjoys messing with the fans.

Thats what it seems like.....why does he bother logging into reddit?. To ask questions with the fans?. The fans want new material and the illusions anniversary. What is their to communicate with fans about?.I dont know from reading what othwr band managers communicate with fans on reddit.......

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

He did come up with the idea for the lithos and that was one of the highlights for me. Logging into Reddit is questionable, but he a much younger guy than traditional managers of big bands. 

11 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

He did come up with the idea for the lithos and that was one of the highlights for me. Logging into Reddit is questionable, but he a much younger guy than traditional managers of big bands. 

He could still do this via some better means though – like a forum, since they even have an official one, i.e. Nightrain – and above all, the biggest problem is his communication manners. Plain fuckery, no excuse there.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

GNR are iconic, so people will always care. I mean people loved fat Elvis. People ask for new music but who really cares about anything the Stones put out since 1980? I just don’t know if these guys can gel and produce new music with Axl. Metallica and U2 have recently out some of their best work, but those bands have been writing and touring for decades. 

Well, possibly......but I'd still like to hear them try, for a variety of reasons. Primarily, I believe it will be great. Secondly, many bands fail to live up to a classic album from their past, but the fact they still wrote and record pushes then forwards, keeps things fresh, and shakes things up. 

I bet there's people who really love the 80s Stones material, and I bet there's some great tunes among that stuff (not familiar enough with it to comment really). 

I find the 'why bother because it might not be any good' argument totally ludicrous to be honest when applied to creative arts. There would be very little art in the world if everyone adopted that attitude. Why bother doing anything? 

3 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Which reminds me, are we ever gonna get that litho coffee table book he talked about?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Which reminds me, are we ever gonna get that litho coffee table book he talked about?

Has he mentioned that? I've been banging on about the need for one of those for ages, so glad that's in consideration! I really hope it's not super-exclusive and prohibitively expensive though if it happens. It doesn't need to be. 

7 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Has he mentioned that? I've been banging on about the need for one of those for ages, so glad that's in consideration! I really hope it's not super-exclusive and prohibitively expensive though if it happens. It doesn't need to be. 

I feel like it would be crazy expensive. You’re talking over 150 lithos. That would be a huge book. It would be hard to make cheap. 

2 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I feel like it would be crazy expensive. You’re talking over 150 lithos. That would be a huge book. It would be hard to make cheap. 

One per page, so 75 pages.....wouldn't be too bad, surely? I've bought great books like that around the $30-$50 mark, full colour, glossy pages, hardback etc. I'd say that's probably about what to expect. Possibly a little more. 

Got my fingers crossed on that one, as it's something I'd definitely like to see. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

When i saw the post about slash doibg a GNR pin in 2013 he woukd have needed duff and axls people to sign off on this. As a guess if slash and axl hadnt had a cordial relationship axl would have straight up said no. But im wondering if there was some sort of ice breaking arpund that time.

If slash and axl still hadnt had a personal relationship, and slash most likely would have been rejected from licencing the GNR name for the pinball i doubt slash would have pursued this.......

Also - the UYI italics being used on the Appetite For Democracy release was the first time we had seen ‘classic era’ referencing. The Vegas posters had generic italics. Always found that odd.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

Didn't see this part, but interesting that a drummer wasn't named. Makes you wonder

Frank's drumsticks are in the game...I think his face is on them. He signed the sticks on the CE, so he's definitely represented in the game. 

It could mean they used another drummer or a computer instead of Frank when putting the new stuff Slash did for the game, which is interesting. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

Didn't see this part, but interesting that a drummer wasn't named. Makes you wonder

Slash/Duff/Fortus seem to have recorded individual riffs for whenever they get chosen or picked in the game. It doesn't sound like they recorded something together. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Indeed. They need to start making more 'high-end' merch that isn't thousands of dollars in pinball machines. 

3 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

It's certainly possible. roughly 200 pages long and a hard cover would be cool.

No need for it to be excessively expensive.