Oceania Tour Dates 2021 announced!

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

1) those shows will not happen 

2) using the AFD logo is so misleading, but typical for GN'R and their management 

I think shows in late 2021 will be possible. Couple of vaccines are making good progress (god I sound like Trump)

Agree on the 2nd point though 

Edited by SAU3R
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

2) using the AFD logo is so misleading, but typical for GN'R and their management 

1. I think a year from now might actually be very possible for even stadium gigs. I say that as a realist. Vaccines will most likely start in small, emergency qualities next month. I know a zillion people need it, but I have no doubt we will see worldwide WW2-like effort to make and distribute it. Fingers crossed!

2. Yup. And the poster looks worse than many local bands' promo in the Michigan bar scene

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Just take a moment to look at that advert. It's terrible! Looks about as naff as possible. 

'Stadium rock is back'- what a terrible prospect! Grab your inflatable guitars, your silly Slash wigs and 80s bandanas folks! 

Patrick Bateman would love this shit. 

Are you sure you’re on the right forum?

• Like 1

Its not being promoted by Live Nation by the looks of it. Its being promoted by TEG Dainty which is an Australian promoter.

But I just checked and Live Nation does promote in Australia as well.

I wonder whats up with that? Were the earlier NITL Australian shows promoted by Live Nation?

• Like 1

I'll be at the first gig on the Gold Coast! I work for Metricon too, so hopefully can nab some good seats at our stadium. 

We've been covid free in qld for a couple of months, its been amazing. The rest of australia is getting that way too. I think the tour will go ahead.

• GNFNR 1

21 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

One year from now, I guess most people in Oceania will be vaccinated by that time. Besides Axl will be less bloated and in a good mood with someone other than Trump in the WH :P

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Sonicjam said:

I'll be at the first gig on the Gold Coast! I work for Metricon too, so hopefully can nab some good seats at our stadium. 

We've been covid free in qld for a couple of months, its been amazing. The rest of australia is getting that way too. I think the tour will go ahead.

I think these could be the first ones to actually happen next year to be honest. What's left of the Europe/USA run I can't see going ahead. 

3 minutes ago, Towlie said:

Optimistic using the MCG again (100,000 capacity).

Fair to say I won't be buying tickets until much further into next year.

You'll be able to pick them up cheap, no doubt about it. 

Edited by allwaystired