Oceania Tour Dates 2021 announced!

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

You'll be able to pick them up cheap, no doubt about it. 

Why would that be? Come next November it's been almost 5 years since they've been in Australia last. People in Australia don't get every tour and do not complain all the time. Also I hear that New Zealand actually already has concerts back. I'm sure the Covid situation is easier to manage down under. Especially in a year, so these really could be the first shows back.

Edited by PatrickS77

1 hour ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

ive never felt compelled to go to Australia until now... the withdrawal im having from not attending live shows far outweighs any fear i may have of being eaten by wildlife lol

Yeah. I'm also kinda looking for an excuse to go there. Since I bailed the last time. I definitely want to go there when there are concerts. Just don't know yet which one. Either GNR, U2 or Janet Jackson. Something will finally bring me down there.

9 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

so ive heard... i have a few friends from high school that moved there actually and i love nature but im not a big fan of creepy crawly things ive never seen before lol i mean even the friggin crocodile hunter got got down there lol but yeah its been put on my bucket list now... heard these fuckers down there can really rock out too 🤘

Honestly, people sort of stereotype the wildlife to be a bigger threat than it really is. Yeah, there’s a lot of wildlife that’s dangerous. But you just don’t come across it often unless you’re not being mindful of your surroundings. I always go on a few nature-centric trips every time I go to Australia, and I’ve never come across any dangerous wildlife. 

As for the crowds, they’re actually surprisingly tame. The first gig I went to in Australia was Ghost in a small club in Brisbane, that was intense. I ended up with two cracked ribs it was so rowdy. But it wasn’t passionate, it was just violent. The rest of the gigs I’ve been to in Australia have been super tame. A few days after cracking my ribs I waltzed right up to the second row for Slayer, even with cracked ribs I was totally fine.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Why would that be? Come next November it's been almost 5 years since they've been in Australia last. People in Australia don't get every tour and do not complain all the time. Also I hear that New Zealand actually already has concerts back. I'm sure the Covid situation is easier to manage down under. Especially in a year, so these really could be the first shows back.

You can pretty much always pick up  cheaper tickets for big shows, and these fit the bill (large venues, second run through the area, ticket sales not great in other countries etc etc).  Just my speculation of course - could be wrong, but I'd be amazed if there weren't offers nearer the time. 

4 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Honestly, people sort of stereotype the wildlife to be a bigger threat than it really is. Yeah, there’s a lot of wildlife that’s dangerous. But you just don’t come across it often unless you’re not being mindful of your surroundings. I always go on a few nature-centric trips every time I go to Australia, and I’ve never come across any dangerous wildlife.

Yes. You should check out www.instagram.com/sunshinecoastsnakecatchers <_< Nature comes visiting frequently.

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

You can pretty much always pick up  cheaper tickets for big shows, and these fit the bill (large venues, second run through the area, ticket sales not great in other countries etc etc).  Just my speculation of course - could be wrong, but I'd be amazed if there weren't offers nearer the time. 

Once again, if you don't give a damn where you end up. Different story, if you want a specific seat/section. And they won't face the problem that nobody wants to buy a ticket again, as it is only the second time they swing through after almost 5 years.

9 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

As for the crowds, they’re actually surprisingly tame. The first gig I went to in Australia was Ghost in a small club in Brisbane, that was intense. I ended up with two cracked ribs it was so rowdy. But it wasn’t passionate, it was just violent. The rest of the gigs I’ve been to in Australia have been super tame. A few days after cracking my ribs I waltzed right up to the second row for Slayer, even with cracked ribs I was totally fine.

yeah ive heard about the violence at small shows but im always up for a good mosh pit.. what got me thinking those fuckers were nutts though was when i saw people drinking motor oil for motorhead tickets lol

4 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yes. You should check out www.instagram.com/sunshinecoastsnakecatchers <_< Nature comes visiting frequently.

It depends where in Australia you are. If your in a city theres hardly anything. Obviously out near the bush areas theres snakes, spiders animals. No different to other countries having those things in the wild.

• GNFNR 1

Thank god the boarders are closed in New Zealand, and we dont have to deal with the bitching in person while attending the shows. Even if the boarders were open half of you bitching would not travel to see the band outside of your own shores.

Plenty of Australians and New Zealanders have travelled far a field to see this band play..

Maybe because we don't expect them to return to this part of the world again so we are making the most of it..

The band will sell out the venues and people attending the shows will rook out and enjoy themselves. 

I am looking forward to November 2021. 

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, vloors said:

It depends where in Australia you are. If your in a city theres hardly anything. Obviously out near the bush areas theres snakes, spiders animals. No different to other countries having those things in the wild.

Love to see them on IG. Glad we don't have them here. ;)

3 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

Thank god the boarders are closed in New Zealand, and we dont have to deal with the bitching in person while attending the shoes. Even if the boarders were open half of you bitching would not travel to see the band outside of your own shores.

Plenty of Australians and New Zealanders have travelled far a field to see this band play..

Maybe because we don't expected them to return again so we are making the most of it..

The band will sell out the venues and people attending the shows will rook out and enjoy themselves. 

See. Aussies and Kiwis are not constantly complaining. :thumbsup:

Edited by PatrickS77

1 minute ago, kiwiguns said:

Thank god the boarders are closed in New Zealand, and we dont have to deal with the bitching in person while attending the shoes. Even if the boarders were open half of you bitching would not travel to see the band outside of your own shores.

Maybe because we don't expected them to return again so we are making the most of it..

Haha! Thank god for closed borders hey?! Keep the riff -raff out so those appreciative Aussies can enjoy a show. 

Out of interest.....why do you think people would travel to see a show they weren't interested in, if the borders were open?! 

10 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Once again, if you don't give a damn where you end up. Different story, if you want a specific seat/section. And they won't face the problem that nobody wants to buy a ticket again, as it is only the second time they swing through after almost 5 years.

True. I think these will sell better than the other dates. 

8 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

By November 2021 we will have another end of the world shit going on, I'm sure.

Yeah, I think I heard something about a broad scientific consensus that we have only a few years to make major changes and make huge cuts in carbon emissions before we hit the point of catastrophic and irreversible damage to our environment.

Oh well, everyone wear your masks on the plane-ride to Australia.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

"All new show". 

Literally no other band ever says this when promoting things. It's such an odd thing to say.....and the "new look, new design but with all their classic hits" line just highlights than it really has no intention of being very different at all. 

We’re getting Brownstone before It’s so Easy. What more do you want? 😂

1 hour ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Izzy will never play with Guns N' Roses again

U, you are the tipe of guy who used to said Slash will never play with Axl....I mean Not In This Life Time of course !!!

3 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

We’re getting Brownstone before It’s so Easy. What more do you want? 😂

hardschool baby !!!!!

3 hours ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Very intrigued by the AFD5 logo usage, even if I think it's meaningless

It's just an image. The band you saw in January will be the band playing in 2021, don't even get as far as being intrigued. Also, the time for AFD5 has truly passed, if the NITL tour taught us one thing, it's that some things are better left as dreams rather than realities!

If GNR don't have a record by 2021 then there is 100% no chance that they'll ever release a record. I know people are starved for live music, but supporting this shit show? I don't get it! If they put out new music going to see the show is worthwhile OR if you have never seen them before it's also worth it! If you have seen them multiple times like me, I can't see any reason to want to go again until things change... and the corona concert pause hasn't changed my mind one bit about that.

2 hours ago, vloors said:

Yep what i thought. They dont want to imply there will be any new music at all for these concerts 

Didnt the band advertise something along these lines with one of the nuguns tours, and i was just the same setlist except a different light show?

Edited by Sydney Fan

3 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

1. I think a year from now might actually be very possible for even stadium gigs. I say that as a realist. Vaccines will most likely start in small, emergency qualities next month. I know a zillion people need it, but I have no doubt we will see worldwide WW2-like effort to make and distribute it. Fingers crossed!

2. Yup. And the poster looks worse than many local bands' promo in the Michigan bar scene

Thank you for being an optimistic realist. I'm (like the rest of the world) so sick of this fucking pandemic, the only thing making me even getting up in the morning anymore is the thought of that this will soon be over. 

(I couldn't care less about more shows. Record a fucking tune, mix and master it, release it. Done)