North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

I, by default, get excited when I see GNR dates in my area or somewhere I can travel to easily but then reality sets in that the shows are boring and axl can't sing anymore.

The last show I was at was the big 4 hour show at the forum and man, what a bloated fucking event that was...and then when I heard it on sirius xm the next day and realized how bad axl actually sounded, it pretty much set in stone that I won't see them again. I could have went to that show at the palladium and I even passed on that and that's a pretty small venue for them so barring Izzy and Matt/Steven being back, I'm more than likely done with this incarnation.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

I, by default, get excited when I see GNR dates in my area or somewhere I can travel to easily but then reality sets in that the shows are boring and axl can't sing anymore.

The last show I was at was the big 4 hour show at the forum and man, what a bloated fucking event that was...and then when I heard it on sirius xm the next day and realized how bad axl actually sounded, it pretty much set in stone that I won't see them again. I could have went to that show at the palladium and I even passed on that and that's a pretty small venue for them so barring Izzy and Matt/Steven being back, I'm more than likely done with this incarnation.

I agree. I found out today GNR has a new Dallas date and I can't wait until Friday to get my tickets. So happy that this new show is in Dallas and not in Arlington Texas like last year's concert was. Can;t wait to get my tickets. Something awesome to look forward to!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

OMG! GNR is coming to Dallas TX Wednesday September 1.

Tickets go on sale Friday at noon. It's in AA in Dallas which is like 20 minutes away!

I'm so damn excited about this! Can't wait. So glad GNR got a new Dallas Date.

Cancelled my Crue tickets to get GNR. Love it! Something amazing to look forward to at the end of the summer!

im with you - i get it people are pissed no new tunes/album but cmon, gnr live is always a blast - assuming the band will still sound great, if axl steps up (i know, big if), he should be rested and ready to go - this will be a lot of fun (esp at wrigley).

• Like 3

I'm happy for everyone who's gotten/getting tickets! 

Cool to see some posters on here going to the Dallas show. That's the one I'm looking at as well. I was a bit annoyed when they took away the original Arlington date they had down so I'm happy to see they added it back (albeit in Dallas, which is close enough). I'll probably just wait until the day of to get something though. 

At the end of the day, Guns N' Roses is my favorite band of all-time and I'm fully aware there will come a time when all this touring will cease to exist so I'm going to enjoy seeing Axl as much as my bank account and my time allows. 

• Like 4

Wow, I can't wait to have to suffer through hearing Axl struggle his way through a poorly timed "Ain't Going Down" for three solid months via YouTube.  This tour is gonna be EPIC.

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

What are the pit prices?

I honestly would say that if you have never seen Guns N' Roses in 2016-20 for some reason, only pay what they're asking for tickets if you are not a smart person and/or have money to burn on something you've already seen, and probably better performed.  In literally every other scenario, it's just a stupid asking price.

Edited by sofine11

I am probably gonna wait on tickets and see the state of the setlist and Axl's vocals before I get my wallet out.  Honestly so many acts are getting ready to tour coming out of this pandemic and as much as it sucks to admit this, other bands may provide more musical bang for my buck. 

I wouldn't want to see the same show I saw twice in 2016 but with more random covers and a lesser Axl

Edited by WhazUp

20 minutes ago, axlweave said:

Got my tix for Hershey looking forward to a great time maybe get to hear hard school and pretty tied up live

I'll be going to Hershey too!  First show of the tour, very exciting.  We literally have no idea going in if it's the same set, if it's something new, if there will be any surprises, or what Axl will say.  I find that so exciting.

When you have a show in the middle of the tour you know what to expect. 

Even if this show is pretty much the same as NITL I know it's going to be a great time.

I would much rather spend my night out at a show having a coupe drinks, signing, and having fun than sitting on my computer complaining about the show I didn't even go to lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

Best case scenario they play Hard School, right?  Like if all the stars align and it becomes a tour regular and not a will they/won't they type deal where it's only sparcely played here and there.  It's still not worth paying well over $500 for a decent seat.  No fucking way.

Just now, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Rick asked Fortus if new music is going to be played and he gave a "shush/keep it a secret" emoji. Richard has been giving vague platitudes about new music for decades now, but he has yet to cross into outright lying like Fernando, so hopefully there's something to this.

What Fortus means is "you guess is as good as mine" seeing as there's only one dude who truly controls what goes on in GN'R and it ain't Fortus.