North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

What Fortus means is "you guess is as good as mine" seeing as there's only one dude who truly controls what goes on in GN'R and it ain't Fortus. 

Exactly, it was just him being coy.  Could be interpreted a million ways, and he's well aware of that.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2021 at 5:32 PM, Ixtlan said:

So if Led Zeppelin reformed for one more tour and no new music to offer, would that be a pure nostalgia tour?

Yes, and it would sound quite terrible anyway (except for Jason).

On 5/29/2021 at 5:06 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

That's a cool ad, lot more exciting than the Selects.

On 5/29/2021 at 7:36 PM, Subtle Signs said:

A guy on the Metal Sludge gossip board says Mammoth WVH will be opening the tour! If true this is a step up from the Smashing Pumpkins for sure.

He was right, ask him if new music is coming too.

21 hours ago, MattyIce3924 said:

True. I was at Charlotte and Winston-Salem, Greensboro may be the last NC market they can juice minus a Boone stadium show possibly at some point?

GnR at Kidd Brewer stadium :lol:

7 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Mammoth WVH opening is the best thing about this news. 

Yes, very excited to see them. Feat. Frank Sidoris from SMKC on guitar.

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

You know what would be super cool? If they did either UYI I or UYI II front to back in the set list every night seeing as the anniversary is coming up. 

Like, open the set with ISE & Brownstone per usual then either go into RNDTH or Ciivil War and play the rest of that album at eight through. Then do a few hits as an encore. 

That'll never happen, but it would be really cool. 

Or just more UYI songs in general, replacing some of the CD stuff and covers.

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

The Mammoth WVH album has a LOT of buzz on it. It gets released 06/11 and it's going to have a lot of big radio hits all summer. 

They're a much better choice to attract new, young rock fans than the Smashing Pumpkins. 

SP would've been boring, would much rather see WVH. That will be an exciting opener.

4 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Rick asked Fortus if new music is going to be played and he gave a "shush/keep it a secret" emoji. Richard has been giving vague platitudes about new music for decades now, but he has yet to cross into outright lying like Fernando, so hopefully there's something to this.

Rick is banned from the shows so why does he care anyway?

• GNFNR 1

3 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Just like Fernando's "fingers crossed" emoji last year when a Redditor asked him if a new album was coming. These people are utter cunts.

In 2019 Fernando flat out said it was coming within "six months". No emojis.  Didn't happen.  Nada. Nothing. 

An emoji is likely them responding with an exasperated shrug at this point.  Fucking GNR.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Rick asked Fortus if new music is going to be played and he gave a "shush/keep it a secret" emoji. Richard has been giving vague platitudes about new music for decades now, but he has yet to cross into outright lying like Fernando, so hopefully there's something to this.

Yeah a different guy today on social media asked “new album?” and Fortus replied with that same hush emoji. I ain’t getting my hopes up tho.

Isn't rick banned from the shows? He was probably telling him to shut up as he leaked those songs so obviously not popular within the camp.

Also, do you think they would have a whole host of new material for a secondary market tour?

We'll get hardschool, pretty tied up, think about you.. and if you haven't seen them recently you might get dead horse, locomotive also. That's "new" enough for me.

Edited by Axl_morris

1 hour ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Yes as in "be quiet/don't ask about new music again" :lol:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Isn't rick banned from the shows? He was probably telling him to shut up as he leaked those songs so obviously not popular within the camp.

Also, do you think they would have a whole host of new material for a secondary market tour?

We'll get hardschool, pretty tied up, think about you.. and if you haven't seen them recently you might get dead horse, locomotive also. That's "new" enough for me.

I doubt Fortus knows who Rick is, also he gave the same reply to another fan asking the same question.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BadApples87 said:

There won't be any new music.  But can we get the reunion we've all been waiting for.....Melissa out and Tracy/Roberta in!

Frankly I like Melissa a lot. I think that her backing vocals are spot on. Same as heavy synthesisers that were used in the beginning of NITLT.

• Like 4

Definitely bummed things didn't work out as intended.  I'm hoping this announcement gives a jolt of positive energy that was lacking with the rescheduled dates.  I've rarely enjoyed an outdoor concert.  I can't think of a single indoor show I walked away not satisfied.  I was last row and couldn't be further from the stage with AC/DC and Axl Rose - but still a great time, decent view, and excellent sound.  Outdoor shows tend to be crap, sound wise and visually.  This is positive.  But without me there.  Probably

53 minutes ago, Kranich said:

Frankly I like Melissa a lot. I think that her backing vocals are spot on. Same as heavy synthesisers that were used in the beginning of NITLT.

She adds some visual appeal to the stage as well, in addition to her performance talents. ;)

1 minute ago, Sweersa said:

She adds some visual appeal to the stage as well, in addition to her performance talents. ;)

She doesn't add anything, but I don't really have a problem with her being up there.  I just don't see why, they'd be just as fine without her......but it's not my band, so I don't worry about it.

33 minutes ago, Draguns said:

I'm happy that I'll be seeing my all time favorite band on August 5th at MetLife Stadium. I'll be having a beer in my hand and  listening to It's So Easy. 

Enjoying It's So Easy, then Brownstone, then Live And Let Die, then.... 

I kid, I kid!! Seriously though, for all the bitchin I do on here about what *I'm* not happy with GN'R, I'm sincerely glad some people are. I hope you have a great time at the show man :)

11 minutes ago, Spike Killer said:

Wait a second....

With this new line-up we'll finally see a GNR and Van Halen on the same tour.  Wasn't that a rumored for the early 2010s or something like that with a return to stadium rock for GNR?

Yeah it was rumored in 2009 and again in like 2017 or something.

6 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Vote with your wallet! That's what I've been saying for years. 

GN'R is already down to causal fans or less buying tickets, thus the comical downgrading of this tour even in the face of nearly everyone on Earth dying to see a live concert. 

17000 capacity venues are no easy sell, but yeah! that's a considerable downgrade from 80000 stadiums across the US. At some point you would imagine the penny drops and they say "shit we were selling out stadiums last time we toured!! what the fuck happened".

Eddie Trunk discussed this in 2017 or 2018? he basically said they have to create some new excitement to maintain stadium level, otherwise they'll get bumped back to arenas (where they'll happily sell out, but for considerably less $$$). He also said he didn't think there would a new GNR album, maybe a single or two. He made a great point about bands not having records ready or near ready coming out of the pandemic and that's they if they haven't worked on anything, then they won't be working on anything for a long time, if ever. I know people hate Trunk but it's hard to argue with any of what he said there.

• Like 4

Just now, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah it was rumored in 2009 and again in like 2017 or something.

It was confirmed in the lawsuit with Irving and Axl. Irving told Axl they were going to go on a co-headline tour with Van Halen, GNR were held up waiting on Van Halen it never materialised and that's ONE of the reasons the tour didn't start until Dec 2009. 

Even with 2009 DLR fronting VH, that would have been an incredible tour!