North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

Just now, RussTCB said:

I think they're banking entirely on being the first major tour out of the gate since the pandemic. 

IMO, it's the smartest play they could run right now. Catch people desperate for a live show and throw a sense of urgency at it by having the on sale so close to the show. 

And by "smartest play", I of course mean Live Nation, not TB 

I think you're right, though it will be interesting to see how far that gets them. The promoters in Australia pulled a similar promotion (the slogan is 'stadium rock is back' lol), but they've since been sidelined by every other band who are now touring before November, lol. At least in the states, the tour is on very short notice so there isn't much wiggle room for people to decide or for the promotion to be undercut.

• GNFNR 1

18 minutes ago, Stryker said:

I'm really confused.  Are the previous announced dates cancelled?

Now kicking off on July 31st, 2021, at Hersheypark Stadium, the tour consists of 14 additional dates and will feature Wolfgang Van Halen’s new band, Mammoth WVH, in their touring debut. 

13 July < 31 July, WTF?  Did all dates prior to 31 July get cancelled or is this a poorly written article?

10 minutes ago, Spike Killer said:

Now kicking off on July 31st, 2021, at Hersheypark Stadium, the tour consists of 14 additional dates and will feature Wolfgang Van Halen’s new band, Mammoth WVH, in their touring debut. 

13 July < 31 July, WTF?  Did all dates prior to 31 July get cancelled or is this a poorly written article?

That's a great question. The Detroit date was supposedly rescheduled for July 24th and my son has tickets. I'll need to figure out if he should actually plan on going to that show or if they just scraped those dates. 

11 minutes ago, Spike Killer said:

I’m assuming dates prior to the 31st are cancelled. They can’t do anything about toronto and Baltimore covers DC. 

19 minutes ago, Spike Killer said:

Some got rescheduled and some didnt:

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-announces-summer-2021-u-s-tour-with-mammoth-wvh/

EDIT: Washington DC, Minneapolis, and Toronto are the ones that got scrapped. The other pre-august dates were simply rescheduled. Someone said the DC tickets in particular were selling like shit, right? Makes sense for that gig to get canceled then. Hopefully this is the last tour adjustment they’ll have to make.

Edited by rocknroll41

9 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Some got rescheduled and some didnt:

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-announces-summer-2021-u-s-tour-with-mammoth-wvh/

EDIT: Washington DC, Minneapolis, and Toronto are the ones that got scrapped. The other pre-august dates were simply rescheduled. Someone said the DC tickets in particular were selling like shit, right? Makes sense for that gig to get canceled then. Hopefully this is the last tour adjustment they’ll have to make.

Minneapolis didn't really get scrapped, they changed venue to the Excel Center in St. Paul which is an areana, as opposed to a stadium.  I wish they had done that here in Indaianpolis, but fortunately the sound is actually pretty good in Lucas Oil especially if the roof is open.

6 minutes ago, there is no dana only zool said:

Shit, I had tickets to last summer's DC date which, as others have mentioned, looks to have been scrapped.  Anyone have any idea how something like that works in terms of like- do you get issued a refund?; or maybe just "livenation credit" or something?

Should just be a credit back to your card. I have a ticket for that too. Pretty disappointed.

Edit: 

The Guns N’ Roses Event at Nationals Park has officially been cancelled.

Customers that purchased tickets from Nationals.com for the show rescheduled for July 13, 2021 at Nationals Park do not need to submit a request for a refund.

A refund will be processed automatically to the original method of payment used at the time of purchase. Customers can expect to see a refund within 4-6 weeks.

Please note: The primary account holder who purchased the concert tickets directly from Nationals.com is the only individual eligible to receive a refund. If the tickets were transferred to you, you are not eligible to receive the refund.

The refund will be available for the full price of the ticket purchased, less delivery fees associated with physical ticket delivery requests.

If you purchased tickets through a third party site (e.g., StubHub, Vivid Seats, SeatGeek), please contact that resale platform or distribution partner.

For more information about the announcement, visit www.livenation.com.

Edited by Stryker
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stryker said:

Should just be a credit back to your card. I have a ticket for that too. Pretty disappointed.

Feels bad, man.  Sorry you got hosed, too :(  Fuck, I was planning on going with my sister since she was the one who first got me into the band like, 30 years ago.  Welp, shit happens I guess. 

13 minutes ago, Stryker said:

Edit: 

The Guns N’ Roses Event at Nationals Park has officially been cancelled.

Customers that purchased tickets from Nationals.com for the show rescheduled for July 13, 2021 at Nationals Park do not need to submit a request for a refund.

A refund will be processed automatically to the original method of payment used at the time of purchase. Customers can expect to see a refund within 4-6 weeks.

Please note: The primary account holder who purchased the concert tickets directly from Nationals.com is the only individual eligible to receive a refund. If the tickets were transferred to you, you are not eligible to receive the refund.

The refund will be available for the full price of the ticket purchased, less delivery fees associated with physical ticket delivery requests.

If you purchased tickets through a third party site (e.g., StubHub, Vivid Seats, SeatGeek), please contact that resale platform or distribution partner.

For more information about the announcement, visit www.livenation.com.

Cool & thanks very much, Stryker. 

1 minute ago, there is no dana only zool said:

Cool & thanks very much, Stryker. 

Make sure you get your convenience fees too. Technically there was language that said they didn’t need to refund them even in the event of cancellation. According to the text here I think they will, but keep an eye out.

7 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPlHNHHDKLb/

The new tour announcement video on IG is heavily based on UYI1 colors. Should mean nothing, because nightrain is playing :lol:

Be prepared for the same old setlist okay? 

You know what would be super cool? If they did either UYI I or UYI II front to back in the set list every night seeing as the anniversary is coming up. 

Like, open the set with ISE & Brownstone per usual then either go into RNDTH or Ciivil War and play the rest of that album at eight through. Then do a few hits as an encore. 

That'll never happen, but it would be really cool. 

• Like 2