06/04/22 - Lisbon, PT - Passeio Martimo De Alges

alfierose

45 minutes ago, WildStar said:

You post on a forum and you expect us to believe that you have friends!?

Next you'll be telling us you don't live with your parents. Madness!

Ah, I'm just desperately trying to be cool and follow the crowd. I've cancelled my upcoming plans so I can spend more time on here, don't worry! 

3 hours ago, ssiscool said:

@Axl_morris£90 is still high end on what i would call reasonably priced. The most i've paid is £80 and that was for the final Black Sabbath show.

3 hours ago, Axl_morris said:

It's London and that's standard price for stadium acts. Black Sabbath today would be £100. However GNR play for an hour longer than black Sabbath 

I'm still hurting after spending over $700 for two nights at the Vegas reunion shows. :lol: 

3 hours ago, JimiRose said:

Sono davvero combattuto. Ho visto GnR 10 volte dal 2006. così tante incarnazioni. (Il 2010 è stato di gran lunga il migliore). I biglietti sono così costosi. Li ho visti due volte nel 2017 e una nel 2018. Il mio piano era di andare a prendere i biglietti il giorno del Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, il 2 luglio. proprio non lo so. Non è che penso che questa sia una scaletta scadente, semmai è abbastanza buona per uno spettacolo dal vivo che copre tutta la carriera. Ma pagherei £ 170 (più viaggio, più cibo e bevande) per vedere praticamente le 2 nuove canzoni, la vita spericolata e una nuova copertina dell'acdc. Le persone che affermano che sei pazzo come "New" l'hanno suonato a pieno, solo la versione Lies, non è certo questa nuova fantastica traccia. 

È una band nostalgica da accaparrarsi soldi. non c'è niente di necessariamente sbagliato in questo, penso solo che la band e la base di fan facciano fatica ad accettarlo o ad ammetterlo. Niente Pyro, niente fuochi d'artificio o coriandoli enormi, niente attraente apriscatole (gary clark jr va bene, ma non cambia niente in più, vero, che ne dici di Liam Gallagher, zucche schiaccianti, conteggio dei corpi, Billy Idol, alcuni dei loro punk anni '70/'80 idoli ecc.) 

Mi piace guardare i Kiss, per lo spettacolo e l'aspetto visivo tanto quanto per la musica. porta via che stai vedendo le stesse canzoni per oltre 20 anni. GnR è quello, ma senza alcuna interazione con la folla, storie interessanti, aspetti visivi e pyro. £ 170? Non credo di poterlo fare. 

OMG...Please, Liam Gallagher no!

Much better Gary Clarke Jr. for me

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Uncle Bob said:

I am the only one that notices how Axl lost a lot of weight? Barely has any belly, and no double chin either. He doesn't look any younger, that's for sure, but to me, he seems to be in the best shape he has looked since late 2010

good for him

Noticed that as well!

11 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I love how they added Walk All Over You to the setlist. 

Great addition. 

I don't like AC/DC, don't even remember how that walk all over you original song is, but I feel indifferent after listening to this cover
sounds like a random song, nothing special about it to me.

...at least is not black hole sun

Just now, Uncle Bob said:

I don't like AC/DC, don't even remember how that walk all over you original song is, but I feel indifferent after listening to this cover
sounds like a random song, nothing special about it to me.

...at least is not black hole sun

That's your opinion and We can both agree to disagree

36 minutes ago, ssiscool said:

Hoping that included hotel and travel.... jeeze £560

Nope, that was just the two tickets. Think first night seated was about $270 and night 2 in the pit was $400 or so. My return flights from the UK we’re about half that amount. 😂

17 hours ago, We love Axl Rose said:

No Dont Cry, Wichita Lineman, Madagascar and The Seeker from the standard songs in 2021.

17 hours ago, Alexmee239 said:

They will come dont worry, those were soundchecked and for a reason.

10 hours ago, jamillos said:

Also, people, please stop asking for Maddy and Seeker and Wichita and god knows what. They're not gonna play 40 songs, which means they'd have to drop the new stuff they're playing right now and revert to previous, boring setlists. Be glad they do something different now and stop bitching about missing songs, for Christ's sake. 

We need some pro-shot from TV. Even if just one or two songs - but not the usual SCOM/NR etc. 

@Alexmee239 - Of course, last year they also didn’t play these songs on the first show but added them later during the tour.

@jamillos - I don't know if this was addressed to me either :lol:, but I'm very happy with the setlist from this show, especially when we compare it to last year's Hershey, which had only 20 songs. I just wanted to single out songs that were standard last year, but were not played on this show. 

EDIT: @jamillos - Rock in Rio 2022 full show pro shot ? :D

Edited by We love Axl Rose
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Dean said:

A lot of videos are up on YouTube. Just filter for uploads within the last day. Incredible that they dusted off Reckless Life, I’ve always loved that song. 

In general, it’s great to see them mix it up a bit. While Better came under fire, it literally sounded no worse than performances from 2017 or 2018 and hearing Axl reach the notes in the bridge was immensely pleasing as I thought he’d lost that part of his register when hearing some of the 2021 performances. 

In regards to new music, it is what it is at this point. I’m glad I pulled the trigger on refunds for the 4 other shows I was planning on going to as I couldn’t justify parting with the money for nothing new to be played, but hopefully by the time the Glasgow show comes around, they’ll have at least dropped a new single.

When compared to last year, Axl sounded really good for the 1st show. Last year he needed about 10 shows not to skip some part of the song in Better or YCBM, and now he sang it with minimal problems, for a couple of shows he will sing them without any problems like at the end of last year. A much better vocal start for Axl than last year and I believe that the whole of 2022 will be a much better vocal year for Axl than last year.

Better from Raleigh 2021 - https://www.veed.io/view/afbe7ca3-9d72-4101-870b-3804eb16ae06    (Axl can't do better than this)

• GNFNR 1

5 hours ago, Axl_morris said:

It's London and that's standard price for stadium acts. Black Sabbath today would be £100. However GNR play for an hour longer than black Sabbath 

i find standing view is really obscured. might sit then but i feel too young to be sitting. that extra hour is KOHD, slash Jams and rocket queen extended solo though. maybe we could do without :lol:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

Let's just put things into perspective in relation to what has occurred in the last few years. The band toured successfully the US without a member of the touring party being infected nor the tour being cancelled because of COVID-19. 

To my knowledge, the band members have stayed healthy during the pandemic. 

Now the rest of the world can enjoy the band and so can the fans who plan to attend shows. 

If you take into consideration whats occurred around the world in the last few years through a pandemic, vocals, set lists, pyro or if the tour is a cash grab, doesn't really matter in the grand scale of things.. 

Enjoy what we have, because what the last few years has shown us is, it can all disappear tomorrow. 

Extremely grateful to be able to see the band in New Zealand, with our borders open to the rest of the world again and restrictions being removed that has prevented any large scale events from occurring.. 

That's all good and well and philoshopical, but there's a cost of living crisis, and GnR are charging premium prices. A pandemic doesnt mean fans deserve to be short changed. If people are seeing GnR for the first time (or first time with axl/slash/duff) I would 100% say you must go see this show. bucket list. But most of us on this forum have seen GnR multiple times. The stage show has got worse from 2010-14 era which was arenas so the pyro confetti and screens really played their part, to the 2016/17 era still with pyro but not really upscaling for the stadium tour. to now, there is no stage show. no pyro, no fireworks, no confetti, no stage props, just really corny graphics on a screen. you have to remember this is the 7th year GnR have been reunited and toured. it is not much to ask at these prices in these times for them to give either an unbelievable show (as in aside from the music) or mix up the setlist and release new music to keep it going. We shouldn't be going because we're scared they might die soon and it could be our last chance.

4 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

There are so many more you can add to that list. This is why I'll never understand the people who complain about the setlist. Many big acts do the same (or worse)

Have you seen the stage show that those other bands listed out on though? Acdc have cannons shooting 21 gun salutes, a 150 foot Blow up doll rosie, a stage invading train, and devil horns shooting flames. iron maiden have stage props, massive fights with 1800s weapons with 12 foot Eddie, Metallica have pyro through the Roof and a revolving M shaped Stage. Kiss, motley crue etc fly over their audience with the drums and shoot fireworks out of their guitars.

You get so much more for your money, you get a stage show, an actual performance. not just the songs being sung. GnR seem to have stripped back and are now just playing the same songs on a huge vast stage. So the setlist wouldnt be so bad if we had a genuine show to go with it. 

2 hours ago, klakly said:

OMG...Please, Liam Gallagher no!

Much better Gary Clarke Jr. for me

haha for a british audience, liam gallagher just sold 200,000 tickets for 2 nights at knebworth

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

Have you seen the stage show that those other bands listed out on though? Acdc have cannons shooting 21 gun salutes, a 150 foot Blow up doll rosie, a stage invading train, and devil horns shooting flames. iron maiden have stage props, massive fights with 1800s weapons with 12 foot Eddie, Metallica have pyro through the Roof and a revolving M shaped Stage. Kiss, motley crue etc fly over their audience with the drums and shoot fireworks out of their guitars.

You get so much more for your money, you get a stage show, an actual performance. not just the songs being sung. GnR seem to have stripped back and are now just playing the same songs on a huge vast stage. So the setlist wouldnt be so bad if we had a genuine show to go with it.

Even so, there's still lighting cues, screen animations, and un-thought of things like pace and breathing to consider. They might seem minor to us watching, but they have their place.

Even without the theatrics, these are still big machines with lots of moving parts.

My main gripe isn't the 'why', it's that the fanbase is overly vocal about something many acts of similar stature do. If GN'R was the only band doing it, then fair enough. It isn't.

3 hours ago, ryanf23 said:

We all know Axl is never going to be the old Axl of the 86-93 era. Those vocal days are gone. No one has to accept this band as it is today, lack of new music, Axl’s Mickey voice, set list not changing much, too many covers, prices high, etc. But these guys won’t be playing forever and in the next few years we will likely never see them again. It’s sad to think about, so enjoy the time now before it’s long gone

YES!