06/04/22 - Lisbon, PT - Passeio Martimo De Alges

alfierose

7 hours ago, agustingloger said:

That's not true. I've seen Metallica 5 times now and they opened with 5 different songs. Saw them this month and they didn't Even play Hardwired

Yeah, Pearl Jam has played basically every song off of every album because they are a real band and are not phoning it in. Guns n Roses has four fucking albums and are too lazy or uninspired to play something like Pretty Tied Up. It's a joke. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

If this was a band you had gone to see for the first time, how would you have felt about them, including Axl's vocals?

Is there anyone on here that’s seen them already for the first time last night or will be seeing them for the time on this leg?

2021 was one of my favorite years of being a GNR fan ever. Hard Skool and Absurd made the tour so interesting and exciting for me, I loved the build up and how we eagerly anticipated each show. He even sounded pretty good towards the end.

• Like 4

Everybody ages - it's just a fact of life. I don't know why people expect Axl to get up there every other night and belt out songs as if he were in his 20's. He didn't even sound as good in 1992 as he did in 1988. Axl's voice has always undergone changes and been inconsistent from tour-to-tour. For a 60 year old guy, he sounds okay to me.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

C'è qualcuno qui che li ha già visti per la prima volta ieri sera o li vedrà per la volta su questa gamba?

I 🙋
For me, the Milan date will be the first GnR concert

• Like 3

Thought Axl looked and sounded great. Was full of energy in the first part of the concert too. He’s clearly much more prepared going into this leg. Vocal off at times and clearly winded but overall a solid performance. Drop Coma and Better where he clearly struggles - drop Slither which adds nothing to the set list - and replace with a couple of easier deep cuts and it’s all good. KOHD needs to go too - never liked that song live. It’s rather listen to a mid tier song like Dust N Bones over that 

37 minutes ago, LA_0013 said:

Thought Axl looked and sounded great. Was full of energy in the first part of the concert too. He’s clearly much more prepared going into this leg. Vocal off at times and clearly winded but overall a solid performance. Drop Coma and Better where he clearly struggles - drop Slither which adds nothing to the set list - and replace with a couple of easier deep cuts and it’s all good. KOHD needs to go too - never liked that song live. It’s rather listen to a mid tier song like Dust N Bones over that 

Pretty much, yeah. I seriously wonder why he keeps insisting on playing Better, when it's clearly past its prime and contribution. Why not just pick something else from CD?? 

1 hour ago, klakly said:

I 🙋
For me, the Milan date will be the first GnR concert

Sarò interessato a vedere cosa ne pensi del tuo primo concerto GNR. Hai visto altri big band con cui puoi confrontarli? Spero ti diverta. Sono stato a San Siro una volta per un concerto nel 2003, dovrebbe essere una bella atmosfera.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NolaBola said:

Yeah, Pearl Jam has played basically every song off of every album because they are a real band and are not phoning it in. Guns n Roses has four fucking albums and are too lazy or uninspired to play something like Pretty Tied Up. It's a joke. 

Yea but I mean, what good is playing all your songs live if they all, ya know, suck lol

• Haha 4

49 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Pretty much, yeah. I seriously wonder why he keeps insisting on playing Better, when it's clearly past its prime and contribution. Why not just pick something else from CD?? 

Well, there's not a whole lot on CD that's easy to sing. Almost every song bar the title track is crazy hard.

21 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Well, there's not a whole lot on CD that's easy to sing. Almost every song bar the title track is crazy hard.

Be that as it may, Better is downright one of the most difficult ones. Shackler’s Revenge comes to mind. It’s the high rasp Axl would handle. Then again, maybe it’s too "NuGNR" for Slash to like, who knows. Then there are songs at the middle level / clean voice, like Catcher (not that I’d be too eager for them to include this one, though). Or there’s Prostitute, which would be cool to hear, and it’s not too difficult, just a few raspy moments at the end. But Better? That’s a clear struggle! 

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Honestly I never thought Better was that good of a song live in the first place lol even with 2006 Axl singing it.  I dunno, it just never captured what I liked about the studio version particuarly Axl's unique vocal delivery of the verses

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Honestly I never thought Better was that good of a song live in the first place lol even with 2006 Axl singing it.  I dunno, it just never captured what I liked about the studio version particuarly Axl's unique vocal delivery of the verses

have you heard the Download '06 performance? that one is great cause Axl was angry at the crowd, just stood there and delivered what I consider to be the best live performance of the song.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Powderfinger said:

Sarò interessato a vedere cosa ne pensi del tuo primo concerto GNR. Hai visto altri big band con cui puoi confrontarli? Spero ti diverta. Sono stato a San Siro una volta per un concerto nel 2003, dovrebbe essere una bella atmosfera.

If we are talking about international bands, I have seen U2, RHCP and in a few days the Stones, also at San Siro.
I will let you know how it went, but just at the thought of seeing Guns I am excited,.
I have been dreaming of seeing them live for years, but until now I had never been able to get tickets.

• Like 3

The thing about the setlist- yes it is repetitive but GN'R have so few songs. They aren't like other bands that can vary things up. They're already playing for around 3 hours with all their big hits included and a small bit of rotation on deeper cuts.

They essentially have 3 full albums from the classic era and Chinese. 

• Like 1