06/04/22 - Lisbon, PT - Passeio Martimo De Alges

alfierose

1 ora fa, JimiRose ha detto:

haha per un pubblico britannico, Liam Gallagher ha appena venduto 200.000 biglietti per 2 notti al Knebworth

Questo non significa che a tutti debba piacere il brit pop dei fratelli Gallagher.
Non sono mai piaciuti neanche insieme.
Personalmente preferisco lo stile di Gary Clarke Jr., e sarò felice di vederlo insieme ai Guns a Milano.
Nel 2017 ho sentito Noel aprire per gli U2 a Roma... per carità, quei fratelli non sono affatto la mia tazza di tè.

Besides the fact that Liam in particular strikes me as very arrogant and conceited, even toward other artists, because of what he states.

Edited by klakly

6 hours ago, Kranich said:

Well if you look at some other stadium sized rock bands you can see that they also stick mostly to the same setlist. Take Rolling Stones, ACDC, Metallica(has been opening shows with hardwired for 6 years now). Maiden is an exception to this pattern.

That's not true. I've seen Metallica 5 times now and they opened with 5 different songs. Saw them this month and they didn't Even play Hardwired

1 hour ago, JimiRose said:

That's all good and well and philoshopical, but there's a cost of living crisis, and GnR are charging premium prices. A pandemic doesnt mean fans deserve to be short changed. If people are seeing GnR for the first time (or first time with axl/slash/duff) I would 100% say you must go see this show. bucket list. But most of us on this forum have seen GnR multiple times. The stage show has got worse from 2010-14 era which was arenas so the pyro confetti and screens really played their part, to the 2016/17 era still with pyro but not really upscaling for the stadium tour. to now, there is no stage show. no pyro, no fireworks, no confetti, no stage props, just really corny graphics on a screen. you have to remember this is the 7th year GnR have been reunited and toured. it is not much to ask at these prices in these times for them to give either an unbelievable show (as in aside from the music) or mix up the setlist and release new music to keep it going. We shouldn't be going because we're scared they might die soon and it could be our last chance.

With 2022 inflation considered, the ticket prices are dropping significantly in real money!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JimiRose said:

i find standing view is really obscured. might sit then but i feel too young to be sitting. that extra hour is KOHD, slash Jams and rocket queen extended solo though. maybe we could do without :lol:

At time that KOHD finish you isn't will be young anymore

:D

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, ChrisMaciel said:

So, now that setlist has changed, the focus is the stage setup. Got it. 

The setlist was hardly tweaked. They added one new song and a cover lol

That said, I have never really had an issue with their setlist.  They don't make drastic changes but it does seem to evolve over time with small tweaks here and there.  Could they do more? Sure, but they still do more than alot of bands.. It would be nice to see them shake up the first 6 songs once in awhile so it isn't so predictable.. 

Moving on.. I was freaking shocked when I saw Reckless Life was played. I am a bigger fan of that song than most but I NEVER in a million years thought they would play it live again.. I just didn't think Axl could pull it off and I am happy to say I was dead wrong.. Aside from losing his breath at one point I thought it was a damn good performance for the first time playing it in 30 years. From all the clips I watched I thought he sounded pretty good overall.  That is a good sign since it usually takes him a few shows to warm up.

• Like 4

Just now, We love Axl Rose said:

Much better.

Axl ce biti sve bolji, prosle godine nije mogao da se sastavi prvih nekoliko koncerata, osim Coma-e sve ostalo je bilo solidno za 1. koncert ove godine. :D

Istina, čak mi se čini da je u boljem fizičkom stanju. Pokretniji mi je bio.

Sad na engleskom:

I did notice that Axl was in better shape. Moving, even runing. 

• Like 1

Looking at the setlist and its pretty cool the stuff they decided to add. Especially the original version of You're Crazy which I've always liked for its intensity. Its the right amount of additions while still keeping the favorites/hits.

Listening to You're Crazy and it actually sounds like a hybrid version with the fast music and acoustic vocals.

Edited by mystery

26 minutes ago, Popcorn crew said:

Istina, čak mi se čini da je u boljem fizičkom stanju. Pokretniji mi je bio.

Sad na engleskom:

I did notice that Axl was in better shape. Moving, even runing. 

Probably in the best shape since 2010. 

Just now, mystery said:

Looking at the setlist and its pretty cool the stuff they decided to add. Especially the original version of You're Crazy which I've always liked for its intensity. Its the right amount of additions while still keeping the favorites/hits.

I personally prefer the slower version though. I think Axl is better in the slower version, but I hope they play both versions during this tour.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

GNR was never about explosions fire works and stuff, it's a live band that can actually perform, and dont need distractions. They only have 4,5 albums, and play around 3 hours or more, giving their %100 most of the time, so it is pointless to criticize the setlists, they dont have 10-15 albums where %70 is crap like some other bands and choose from 200 songs, where you'd only stay for their 4-5 songs.

Unfortunately, this band is the epitome of colossal talent waste in the history of music. This is what should be criticized all the time.

Regarding Lisbon, it was a better tour start, we always seen them getting better as they advanced, especially axl has always been a slow starter, but not much this time.

As people discussed last year, pyros during LALD and Paradise City really add even more to performance, but I'm not complaining. :)

Edited by We love Axl Rose
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, We love Axl Rose said:

Probably in the best shape since 2010. 

I personally prefer the slower version though. I think Axl is better in the slower version, but I hope they play both versions during this tour.

Its clear he can't do the fast version anymore but I appreciate the attempt.

• Like 1