the latest thing to speculate on

30 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I'm semi-convinced this is the place, but it could be for anything given Slash's connections, lol.

Given the level of secrecy around GNR I'd guess the chances of her making instagram posts while he's recording the GNR album are pretty slim. But regardless I want him to be recording / Finishing the GNR album

8 hours ago, jamillos said:

Damn, for a second I thought they might be working on a new video... for a single... from a new album... to be released *soon*... 

yea a Guns N' Roses music video with sun, palms and summer feeling. Sorry but thats weird... so dangerous for the most dangerous band

30 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

yea a Guns N' Roses music video with sun, palms and summer feeling. Sorry but thats weird... so dangerous for the most dangerous band

I don't think gnr would be doing a music video with Slash, without his top hat and wearing headphones. Maybe this being filmed for some live stream thing, in which case we've seen him do this a few times. I'd guess he's just recording, but who the hell knows what for.

It’s not for Guns N’ Roses. I didn’t think that at all. Meegan often posts Slash-related stories, sometimes with sound muted, because it’s related to unannounced projects. Here there’s a photo of The Band 1976.

Meegan is a great follow on Instagram if you’re a big fan of Slash. 

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I'm semi-convinced this is the place, but it could be for anything given Slash's connections, lol.

It's definitely the place:

https://www.facebook.com/72109717762/photos/a.10152898047362763/10152898047042763

https://www.architecturaldigest.com/story/shangri-la-rick-rubin-recording-studio-documentary

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GnR Chris said:

It’s not for Guns N’ Roses. I didn’t think that at all. Meegan often posts Slash-related stories, sometimes with sound muted, because it’s related to unannounced projects. Here there’s a photo of The Band 1976.

Meegan is a great follow on Instagram if you’re a big fan of Slash. 

Of course it's not for GN'R. I get some people hoping that it is, but it's never for GN'R 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

6 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

In LA every large backyard looks the same🤣 but this definitely reminded me of the Zane lowe interview with Rick Rubin... It would be great if they were working with Rick, or even just working in general🤣

Ew no, Rick Rubin sucks. There's so many other producers they could pick from who would be a better choice than Rick.

4 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Given the level of secrecy around GNR I'd guess the chances of her making instagram posts while he's recording the GNR album are pretty slim. But regardless I want him to be recording / Finishing the GNR album

Well they're rehearsing for the tour now.

4 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

He wouldn't be wearing headphones for a music video anyway.

3 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

The production team seems very minimal. I'd say it could be one of those long Gibson's Icon interview series, as they did with people like Kirk Hammett. 

Yeah I would love that. Would be great if Gibson did more videos about Slash and less about people who are either unknown and boring or old and washed up.

• GNFNR 1

11 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

FWIW Rick Rubin was just on Marc Maron’s podcast and said he was on a deadline for a “top secret” project. He was probably talking about RHCP, though.

Just now, MaskingApathy said:

That's my guess too.

20 years ago I’d have been well happy to have Rubin involved…not so much now. His involvement with MetallicAs Death Magnetic was underwhelming (not so much the album but the sonics). Can’t say I’ve been bowled over by much since either.

Can you imagine him doing his guru stuff with GNR…could be a laugh right enough. 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

RHCP are currently recording their new album at that studio, if I’m not mistaken. Maybe Slash will do a guest spot on their new record.

Frusciante and Slash… what a combo that would be!

Rhcp album is done

16 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

FWIW Rick Rubin was just on Marc Maron’s podcast and said he was on a deadline for a “top secret” project. He was probably talking about RHCP, though.

Rhcp albums done and far from top secret with chad smith and flea openly talking about it

• Like 1