DJ Ashba was approached to join the NITL Tour

5 minutes ago, username said:

Even with the addition of DJ Ashba, Not In This Lifetime couldn't have been a bigger clownfest than it is now. 

idk... could be cool to have DJ banging on a keg or get him to deliver pizza during a Slash solo spot 

• ABSUЯD 1

3 hours ago, username said:

Even with the addition of DJ Ashba, Not In This Lifetime couldn't have been a bigger clownfest than it is now. 

Now? It's not been the Not In This Lifetime tour for years. That's over, and ended before the pandemic. The current run is similar, sure, but it's not NITL

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

Now? It's not been the Not In This Lifetime tour for years. That's over, and ended before the pandemic. The current run is similar, sure, but it's not NITL

A distinction without a difference. 

• Haha 1

On 8/24/2021 at 5:02 AM, Sweersa said:

I would have been happy with that, then CD3 in 2012.

My ideal alt reality would be CD1 in 1999, CD2 in 2004 with Buckethead, CD3 with Bumblefoot and DJ Ashba sometime after, then an actual new album with NITL.

I wish the reunion happened in 2004 and contraband was a gnr album.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2023 at 5:34 AM, DK6 said:

I wish the reunion happened in 2004 and contraband was a gnr album.

Man... Axl on those instrumentals would have been amazing. I think Scott is great and he does kick ass on the album, but those are still some of Slash's best instrumental offerings since GNR. Also, imagine Axl at Rock AM Ring 2006 level with at least Slash/Duff/Sorum in GNR. It would have been a big deal.

Edited by Ak1nney
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Ak1nney said:

Man... Axl on those instrumentals would have been amazing. I think Scott is great and he does kick ass on the album, but those are still some of Slash's best instrumental offerings since GNR. Also, imagine Axl at Rock AM Ring 2006 level with at least Slash/Duff/Sorum in GNR. It would have been a big deal.

2006 would have been amazing!

I like Scott's work on it too. Just would love to have heard Axl's take on it.

It's definitely the most GnR sounding music that has been made outside of GnR.

Has sort of a mean, hard edge to it that is missing in all of Slash's other work.

In my opinion anyway.

I had always hoped that Slash had secretly tucked some heavier riffs away for a potential GnR reunion album - that was when I was young and naive though!

On another note does anyone know what happened to the music made during VR years  with Izzy (pre singer) that Slash said in his autopbiography would have been the best GnR record ever?

1 hour ago, DK6 said:

On another note does anyone know what happened to the music made during VR years  with Izzy (pre singer) that Slash said in his autopbiography would have been the best GnR record ever?

I don't think anyone here knows what happened to it. but Slash's claim here seems unlikely at best. So he didn't use it cause it sounded too much like Gn'R or some lame excuse like that? it probably doesn't exist.

It's one of the most ridiculous statements Slash has ever made and I believe that sometimes he just said shit to the media to protect his interests, protect his image, and generate excitement in the VR days.

technically, he said it was better than AFD. Can't take that shit seriously, especially when you consider it's been years since he said that and there is nothing close to it in his own catalog, quality wise imo, even if I like a lot of the music he came up with since. 

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I wouldn't mind Ashba back, even if it's just for touring, he does the CD songs justice, especially with the solos vs how Slash handles them. I wish they had Richard play more lead, especially for the CD songs. 

Robin would make more sense but I guess that he is busier with his own projects.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Robin would make more sense but I guess that he is busier with his own projects.

Absolutely, Robin would be preferred. It would be great to her him (and Buckethead, of course) play their CD solos live. 

15 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I wouldn't mind Ashba back, even if it's just for touring, he does the CD songs justice, especially with the solos vs how Slash handles them. I wish they had Richard play more lead, especially for the CD songs. 

I guess if it's between Ashba or Slash hacking CD songs like, I guess have to take the lesser or two evils and fo with some hacking.

Robin would be the guy though. For me Richard doesn't quite nail the CD solos (for me), he plays the notes but I don't get the same feeling from his playing of them. I think his shining live solo was in November rain, that really suited his style, but it would be insane for him to play that lead with Slash 10ft away😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/5/2023 at 8:04 AM, DK6 said:

It's only fan speculation but there's this...

In Slashs bio there's a photo of 'The Project' (Izzy/Slash/Duff) saying they may or may not be working on a song called SNAFU. 

There's also similarities between 'Bomb' and 'Do It For The Kids'.

Velvet Revolvers album came out in 2004 and Izzy's Like A Dog in 2005, but the Dog album was actually recorded in April/May 2003. That would put it around the time of The Project right?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Snafu and Bomb are so much cooler than anything on the first VR album. 

I would have LOVED "The Project" with Izzy and Duff handling the vocals, too bad that didn't went with that.

Izzy was right, imo.

I wonder what became of this https://izzystradlin.wixsite.com/unofficial/copy-of-guns-roses-bad-boys-give-i-44

Izzy  Slash Duff and Taz Bently recorded stuff under the name Four wheels no Axl