Search "Hard Skool" on Spotify and GnR comes up (NOT THE SONG)

1 minute ago, Manfisman said:

Hmm I don't think there's much to see here.

I would search for singles that we know that will be released by other bands, and see if searching for the name prior to the release date gets something related to the band.

Just chipping in with some news related to this. Who knows if it means anything at all though. 

Lana Del Rey officially released her newest single ‘Arcadia’ last week. Days before the release (I’d say a week max iirc), fan accounts were reporting that when they typed in Arcadia in the Spotify search bar (again, before it was officially released), Lana Del Rey had already popped up as a top result. 

Not saying it’s the same thing here, but I just thought I’d mention it. 

• Like 3

You all know this song leaked already right? :lol: And the leaked version is badass.

Just because Slash might be on the officially released version everyone shits their pants, just like they did with Absurd...... but y'know Silkworms was a banging tune without Slash's additions too right?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, willl said:

You all know this song leaked already right? :lol: And the leaked version is badass.

Just because Slash might be on the officially released version everyone shits their pants, just like they did with Absurd...... but y'know Silkworms was a banging tune without Slash's additions too right?

An actual studio release with mixing and mastering and Slash and Duff parts is very different than the ancient demo we have tho

• Like 1

I think it means something. 

1.) This has happened with other artists. Lana Del Rey cited as a primary example with her recent single.

2.) The news blowing up I don't think is enough to sway the search results, and certainly not this quickly (like 36 hours?). Silkworms is from decades of searchings relating it to CD.

3.) All the other stars in the world are lining up for a HS release soon.

It's happening boys. I know this band trolls us a lot but there cant be THIS much smoke without fire.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, willl said:

To be fair the demo of Hard School clearly has some unrefined and sketch guitar ideas (the guitar solo on the Village Session leak :no:), to me it is a no brainer why people would be more stoked to hear a finished version with the lead guitarist born to play in GNR, than a shaky demo arrangement with a scratch solo played by someone with less of a distinctive sound than Slash

Based on the soundcheck arrangement, Slash's additions will be greatly beneficial to the strength and "GNR-ness" of this track

And per the second point, I don't know if I would call Absurd a "banging tune" in any iteration but I certainly find Slash's guitar parts make it more listenable to me :lol:

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 3
  • GNFNR 1