Where do we go??? Final 6 shows

We probably won’t see them again until the euro shows in June 2022. They’re already 99% confirmed for Rock in Rio in September 2022, so the Mexico gigs will probably be rescheduled to around then and other Latin America dates might be added as well. AU/NZ will either get pushed out to May 2022 (like the Kiss shows there just did) or all the way to October 2022. Either way, my guess is a UYI box might come out around this time.

In the meantime, a part of me thinks they’ll still play HardSkool at least at the last couple of shows of this leg in Hollywood FL and release it as a single around that time. And then we’ll probably get HardSkool and Absurd together as a 7-inch vinyl for Black Friday or something.

Meanwhile SMKC will drop their new single next month followed by an album in February, as Slash has already confirmed. I don’t think they’ll tour it though.

Thats what the future looks like for now, if I had to guess.

• Like 2

Damn, I didn't realize this. Well, we could see them doing a few one-off (or even surprise) shows, why not. It would probably be a sort of Bridge School/Berlin/Hershey megamix on Axl's part, but still, we might see a new song played (ha ha). Otherwise, one could say they'll have more time for certain new endeavours, but one is not gonna say that, because one knows how these things work with GN'fn'Rs. 

Would be nice to do some "lost cities" tour right now, til mid december or something. There's lots of places they haven't been in a while, like New Mexico (1992), Idaho (2002), West Virginia (2006), Virginia (1993), South Dakota (2010), South Carolina (2011), Rhode Island (1993), Mississippi (1992), Maine (1993), Iowa (2006), Alabama (1993), Maryland (2016), Georgia (2016). Maybe some Canadian dates as well (don't know how they're dealing with concerts right now). 

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

6 minutes ago, Gibson87 said:

Call me optimistic, but I think we see Hard Skool before the end of the year, whether that be a live performance or a studio release. That said...

• Slash will go back to SMKC and tour their new record
  • Axl will go back into hiding and resurface on the next leg of the tour
  • Duff will go back to doing his radio show and promoting his wife's stuff on social media
  • Fortus will probably be doing something cool
  • Dizzy will reunite with his couch
  • Frank is cool but idgaf what he does
  • Melissa will spend her time off on Instagram 
  • Team Brazil will continue to mismanage everything and blame the fans when they inevitably complain
  • MyGN'R will descend into madness once again until the tour starts back up

That's usually what happens when this band goes off the road.

Yup. Then they’ll return in 2022 hoping to hear a new album and we’ll get a new Duff cover and maybe an Axl cover if we’re lucky, then rinse and repeat.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gibson87 said:

Call me optimistic, but I think we see Hard Skool before the end of the year, whether that be a live performance or a studio release. That said...

• Slash will go back to SMKC and tour their new record
  • Axl will go back into hiding and resurface on the next leg of the tour
  • Duff will go back to doing his radio show and promoting his wife's stuff on social media
  • Fortus will probably be doing something cool
  • Dizzy will reunite with his couch
  • Frank is cool but idgaf what he does
  • Melissa will spend her time off on Instagram 
  • Team Brazil will continue to mismanage everything and blame the fans when they inevitably complain
  • MyGN'R will descend into madness once again until the tour starts back up

That's usually what happens when this band goes off the road.

Mygnr will descend into madnes lol. True but maybe will we have some selects from 2016 or even some uyi who knows

Edited by darkside259
  • Like 2

I can't imagine GNR will be back for awhile in the States, demand has been down this leg and they have been touring practically non-stop (minus pandemic) since 2016, wouldn't surprise me if it is 2024-25 or something before they start touring again in the US, 40th anniversary tour? Crazy 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I assume there's already been several 3 hour meetings on how to fill the space that was supposed to be used for Mexico & Australia. 

They'll set up shop in Vegas or do an insanely overpriced theater run in the US or something. 

Maybe 2 3-hours meetings this time. Or a 6-hours meeting.

All things must be considered!!!

• Haha 2

More than likely go into hibernation. 

Slash records yet another album with Myles Kennedy,

Richard Fortus does yet another interview saying Axl is doing the finishing touches on vocals on his imaginary songs.

Eventually Atlas Shrugged is released with 99 vocals and everyone sees that as some sort of 'proof' that Axl has been recording an album of new material.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Pele said:

Richard Fortus does yet another interview saying Axl is doing the finishing touches on vocals on his imaginary songs.

Eventually Atlas Shrugged is released with 99 vocals and everyone sees that as some sort of 'proof' that Axl has been recording an album of new material.

No one has ever mentioned Atlas Shrugged in connection with proving your info wrong. People have mentioned stuff like the vocals for Rock The Rock being definitive proof that your info is wrong though. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Pele said:

Seriously guy, what is wrong with you?

2 hours ago, FabioRoses said:

Would be nice to do some "lost cities" tour right now, til mid december or something. There's lots of places they haven't been in a while, like New Mexico (1992), Idaho (2002), West Virginia (2006), Virginia (1993), South Dakota (2010), South Carolina (2011), Rhode Island (1993), Mississippi (1992), Maine (1993), Iowa (2006), Alabama (1993), Maryland (2016), Georgia (2016). Maybe some Canadian dates as well (don't know how they're dealing with concerts right now). 

They’re coming back to Maryland next week for the Baltimore show. It’s been too long! And in 2016 they were technically in MD, but it was closer to DC it was at the redskins stadium. They haven’t done Baltimore since 06’ and they did silver spring MD on the UCAP tour in 2012

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Seriously guy, what is wrong with you?

Haha what?

Are you honestly suggesting what I've posted isn't the likely outcome?

Ok - I'll take some of the 'shade' out of it.  I think the likely next steps are as follows:

• Slash records another album with Myles Kennedy,
  • We get interviews from band members suggesting finishing touches are being made to a GNR album
  • At some point, they go back out on tour and play HardSkool or Atlas and maybe release it

Edited by Pele