Hard Skool Officially Released at Midnight - Sept 24

4 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

Come on now, all you people who have heard it, share some details. Describe the song a bit more. It's frustrating having to wait until midnight! 😄

Intro is gone. There is a slow-tempo mid section with Axl doing his "hey-heys". The scream leading into the chorus after the breakdown is not found in the Village leak (I believe). The fake ending is fortunately kept. 

Edited by SoulMonster

:facepalm:😞🤦 is it wrong im so upset lol...

I prefer the demo still... The guitars an drum work near the end that part was great and ita gone... Slashs playing on it is great but over someone elses work... I just cant dig it.. Great vocals but ill stick to the bucket/finck and what evs drumming version we all got.

Please no hate lol... Im just happy we get new stuff but hoping for new new stuff not more reworked chinese cos they fine most just need vocals.. Enjoy GnR fam ;)

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

Much like Absurd, it sounds like it's just Slash on it, unless Fortus is using a very similar tone and the same parts. Obviously more akin to "classic" Guns but it sounds a bit sterile.

Always felt Slash is at his best when paired with a tasty rhythm player.

• Like 2

Bit bummed there aren’t the Duff backing vocals in the choruses

Slash sounds fucking killer. Guitars are loud and punchy.

Duffs bass is loud and clear

I hear some cowbell in the solo before the slide

Eye on You vocals in the bridge 

Love the new intro, huge improvement 

The little scream at the end of the bridge sounds like something made from old vocals

In fact, id say it’s all old vocals. Mostly from the 99 version

New bridge is way better. Slide solo is a cool touch

No Fortus, Bucket, or Robin from what I can tell. Sounds like all Slash

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 3

Not sure what to think.

I like the new intro. Sick little bass line, a bell ring, and then Slash guitar doing the hook. 

The bridge sort of slows the song down but it’s cool. Seems they lifted vocals from “Eye on You” (the “hey hey” parts).  Which I guess means we’ll never get “Eye on You.”

I wish Duff did backing vocals on the studio version. .

Axl’s vocals are same as the demo. The entire part after bridge is nice. I dig it. The scream into the chorus after the bridge is pretty rad. 

It just doesn’t sound as aggressive as the locker leak. And I liked how mean the song used to be. 

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 2

* New bass intro with school bell

* Fairly modern sounding mix

* More prominent sounding organ throughout

* Drums and obviously the guitars are completely redone but main vocal lines appear to be from the Village session

* Guitar lines during the soundcheck recordings are pretty faithful to this recording

* There's cowbell in the first part of the solo!

* There's some weird Axl vocals under the layers plus a hard-flanged vocal into the final chorus.

* Modern punk false drum stop before the final chorus.

It's going to go down a storm, and no fan is likely to be disappointed, but I do prefer Josh Freese's original drums and the original solo breakdown.

Chuffed to bits its finally out there though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1