Hard Skool Officially Released at Midnight - Sept 24

The vocals after the false ending is definitely different. In the Village version Axl sings:

Too hard-school
And you thought you were here to stay
If that weren't true
it wouldn't matter anyway

In the released version he sings:

But you had to play it cool
Had to do it your way
You had to be a fool
Had to throw it all away
Too hard-school
And you thought you were here to stay
If that weren't true
it wouldn't matter anyway

NOT saying the vocals are new.

• downzy changed the title to Hard Skool Officially Released at Midnight - Sept 24
6 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Not sure what to think.

I like the new intro. Sick little bass line, a bell ring, and then Slash guitar doing the hook. 

The bridge sort of slows the song down but it’s cool. Seems they lifted vocals from “Eye on You” (the “hey hey” parts).  Which I guess means we’ll never get “Eye on You.”

I wish Duff did backing vocals on the studio version. .

Axl’s vocals are same as the demo. The entire part after bridge is nice. I dig it. The scream into the chorus after the bridge is pretty rad. 

It just doesn’t sound as aggressive as the locker leak. And I liked how mean the song used to be. 

My thoughts exactly

Isn’t it odd that the fan made one with the studio demo vocals layered upon the soundcheck recording ALSO had the ‘hey hey’ bit from Eye on You? Whoever created that…..how on Earth would they have guessed thats what would have been on there?!?!🤔

Straaaaange!

• Haha 1

Just now, downzy said:

Changed the title so as to not confuse people who don't live in Australia (or that part of the world).

Just wanted to make it clear that it appears this song is being officially released on the 24th.

--------------------

The song sounds like it came from and AFD session, with the guitar breakdown coming from the UYI era. 

Great song.  Love the opening base line.  Chorus vocals sound great.

Hopefully they break it out tonight in Columbus.  

Man, I hope they have recorded more and it’s only a matter of time before can hear them 

• Like 1

I definitely prefer the drums from the Village version. I also preferred the guitar melodies in the breakdown of the Village version over the slide in the released version. I do like that I don't hear the piano in the released version and I might actually prefer the new intro. The mix is better with Axl vocals more upfront. Not sure I fancy what Slash has done to the main riff. But all in all, a great rocker!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DTJ80 said:

Isn’t it odd that the fan made one with the studio demo vocals layered upon the soundcheck recording ALSO had the ‘hey hey’ bit from Eye on You? Whoever created that…..how on Earth would they have guessed thats what would have been on there?!?!🤔

Straaaaange!

They have it in the live version. It’s a sample they use live