SUPERBOWL

Didn't they do some pre-show the day before the Super Bowl either this year or last year? At this point its for the best that they don't. Axl would probably be ridiculed for his looks and vocals (if they use live vocals). It's funny with Guns because WTTJ and YCBM are played a lot during NFL games. I think at this point though the NFL leans towards younger pop stars to get the younger audience who might not watch football. There was a few years where they were deathly afraid of younger artists after Janet Jackson had her breast exposed. Even the Red Hot Chili Peppers had Bruno Mars featured to get the younger crowd.

• Like 1

If Axl was on 2016 level at minimum, I'd love to see it. Now though, we know we'd get Jungle, SCOM, and Paradise. Only 1 of those really is in Axls wheelhouse still. 

I don't want to see VMAs or Rock In Rio part 4. That'd be a nail in the coffin for the band in the mainstream.

4 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

For the 1000th time, ever since Janet Jackson slipped a nip, the NFL decided it wasn’t into surprises. The performances are now required to be lip synced. The Red Hot Chili Peppers with guitars not plugged in, spawning the No Trickery line from Axl... that’s why the halftime shows are garbage now. Do we have to go over this every fucking year?

Fucking pin this mods

47 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

For the 1000th time, ever since Janet Jackson slipped a nip, the NFL decided it wasn’t into surprises. The performances are now required to be lip synced. The Red Hot Chili Peppers with guitars not plugged in, spawning the No Trickery line from Axl... that’s why the halftime shows are garbage now. Do we have to go over this every fucking year?

I think we had a year off it last year didn't we? Good to get things back on track! 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

“Maybe sometime before their actual performance, rather than use a guitar cord or standard wireless, in the name of science and for all mankind, Flea courageously had a newly invented breakthrough in microchip technology installed in his ass that picked up the frequencies of his bass and transmitted them to his amplifier ... Maybe they all had microchips installed in their asses and not only pick up the frequencies of their instruments but get DirectTV and the internet too!"

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mystery said:

Didn't they do some pre-show the day before the Super Bowl either this year or last year? At this point its for the best that they don't. Axl would probably be ridiculed for his looks and vocals (if they use live vocals). It's funny with Guns because WTTJ and YCBM are played a lot during NFL games. I think at this point though the NFL leans towards younger pop stars to get the younger audience who might not watch football. There was a few years where they were deathly afraid of younger artists after Janet Jackson had her breast exposed. Even the Red Hot Chili Peppers had Bruno Mars featured to get the younger crowd.

It was last year.

Actually it was Bruno Mars who featured RHCP, not the other way around.

Personally I wouldn't want to see GnR go up there and try to do some medley of hits or something.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

It was last year.

Actually it was Bruno Mars who featured RHCP, not the other way around.

Personally I wouldn't want to see GnR go up there and try to do some medley of hits or something.

That's what the Halftime show has been since 93 when Michael Jackson set the standard for it. A medley is also what they basically did at the 2002 VMA's. Realistically the best time for Guns n Roses to have done this would've been 2006/7. The 87-93 band would've been awesome for it but the NFL didn't start to treat the halftime show seriously until Living Color on Fox beat them in the ratings in 1992 so there's really no year they could fit there. Before the reunion I bet the number one condition would have been to get Slash back for it to happen.

On 9/25/2021 at 9:25 PM, mystery said:

The Weeknd was actually singing during the last one which I'll give him credit for. The reviews for him were mixed since you couldn't hear him well.

Wait really?  I thought the Weeknd killed it last year.  I actually just watched it again the other day. One of the best halftime shows IMO

On 9/25/2021 at 9:42 PM, Draguns said:

Jay-Z  and his company controls the SB halftime show. I doubt you'll see a rock band for a SB show. There hasn't been one in a very long time. 

I can't even remember the last one.  I know Aerosmith did it in the late 90's.  There had to be a rock band since then.