Hard Skool lyric video dropping tomorrow morning

2 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

IMO Axl pretty clearly resurfaced medicated in late 2011, just watch the That Metal Show episode. I've often thought that after the massive controversies of 2010 (Madison rant/TMZ open letter/Azoff lawsuit/Sydney 500 V8 bitchfit/Twitter tour cancellation/Reading meltdown/Dublin meltdown/Activison lawsuit), either he or his "management" decided he had to be put on something or he would bring the whole operation down. I think this is definitely connected with the arrival of the Mickey voice/slow mellowing towards Slash & reunion/complete death of creative drive.

On the flip side, this "regrouping" is the happiest we've ever seen Axl, especially this past leg.

• Like 3

On 12/3/2021 at 7:27 PM, CAFC Nick said:

Do you still feel that way having seen the Better video?

That better video was cool, imagine that came out in 2006, midnight on MTV out of the blue. 

Hardskool is the same type of video but it has less interesting footage than the better video.

5 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

IMO Axl pretty clearly resurfaced medicated in late 2011, just watch the That Metal Show episode. I've often thought that after the massive controversies of 2010 (Madison rant/TMZ open letter/Azoff lawsuit/Sydney 500 V8 bitchfit/Twitter tour cancellation/Reading meltdown/Dublin meltdown/Activison lawsuit), either he or his "management" decided he had to be put on something or he would bring the whole operation down. I think this is definitely connected with the arrival of the Mickey voice/slow mellowing towards Slash & reunion/complete death of creative drive.

2011 was the Rock in Rio show too. And Axl appear full bloated.

32 minutes ago, opalho said:
30 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Youtube hid the amount of dislikes on videos a few weeks ago...

It's not that there are 0 dislikes, it's that YouTube has removed the dislike button. So the button is still there, but it won't show how many dislikes the video has. 

Ah ok. I did not know that. I thought the dislike  button was working. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Draguns said:

189,338 views on YouTube, 19,000 likes. 0 dislikes. For all the hate on here, GNR but be doing something right with this video, especially since there are 0 dislikes. 

Besides the fact that YouTube disabled the ability to see dislikes, it's also humorous that you refer to the posts in this thread as "hate". There's absolutely no hate in this thread but I guess you see what you want to.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Besides the fact that YouTube disabled the ability to see dislikes, it's also humorous that you refer to the posts in this thread as "hate". There's absolutely no hate in this thread but I guess you see what you want to.

Which begs the question, why do they even have dislikes now if no one can see them?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

No hate??? Really?! That's a difference of opinion. A lot of complaining though. I see no harm in the video at all. When I came on this message board and saw the comments, I was expecting the video to be very bad. It really wasn't. Just a lot of hyperbole as usual. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Draguns said:

No hate??? Really?! That's a difference of opinion. A lot of complaining though. I see no harm in the video at all. When I came on this message board and saw the comments, I was expecting the video to be very bad. It really wasn't. Just a lot of hyperbole as usual. 

For what it is, it's fine. But what it is, is a generic lyric video, and that's a ridiculous thing to release months after the single, and promote on TV. They used live clips to promote a lyric video instead of just making another "live clip" music video, like Dead Horse or Live And Let Die. It seems like most people just think this is a weird thing to release at this point.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Draguns said:

Again, you saw what you wanted to see in the comments on the board. 

Feel free to quote some of the posts you view as "hate". I'd be interested in seeing what you view as hateful.

Edited by RussTCB
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

It's one of those videos that i'll be unlikely to watch again. It's ok but i'd rather they used more longer live clips

Yep. Once is enough. I think I saw some grammar mistakes in there but I don't care enough to watch it again to check! 

It's just absolutely inconsequential, one way or another. Not offensively awful just half arsed and months too late. 

6 hours ago, Draguns said:

189,338 views on YouTube, 19,000 likes. 0 dislikes. For all the hate on here, GNR but be doing something right with this video, especially since there are 0 dislikes. 

If 189,338 views have been made but only 19,000 views resulted in a 'like' that suggests a lot of people might not have liked it! 

Not that views or likes on social media matter a damn anyway really. (See: Threatin for further details!) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Draguns said:

You think this a good video? 
What’s your favourite part? When the words come on the screen??? 

Not that I was a fan of either Videos but.... 

November rain cost $1.5 million 

Estranged cost $5 million. 

This must have cost the price of the app it was made on. 

This video is terrible, from a bunch of creative people who can do a lot better. 

1 hour ago, Powderfinger said:

You think this a good video? 
What’s your favourite part? When the words come on the screen??? 

I like the video. I am glad they didn't try to create some cringe monster of a video like back in the 90s. Doing it this way, with no involvement from Axl besides signing off photos, is a good idea and actually means something got released. Nice to see photos of live shows after all this touring. The bombastic and fast-paced theme suits the song. A simple yet effected lyric video. I like it. 

• Like 1

I like the video too. Is it “epic” like some from back in the day? No it’s not….doesn’t necessarily mean it’s “bad”……might be bad in your opinion.

There are some members on here who do nothing but complain. Axl is fat, GNR merch sucks, Axl’s voice sucks, tickets are too high, set list sucks, new video sucks…..makes you wonder if everything associated with GNR today is so bad why are these people here and how miserable are these people in real life.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I like the video. I am glad they didn't try to create some cringe monster of a video like back in the 90s. Doing it this way, with no involvement from Axl besides signing off photos, is a good idea and actually means something got released. Nice to see photos of live shows after all this touring. The bombastic and fast-paced theme suits the song. A simple yet effected lyric video. I like it. 

Standards are low.... A fan could have put together a better video with footage from the show. 

• GNFNR 1