UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Yes please. 87/88 is my favorite era of the band. I know you don't agree but throw in Ritz 88 in there for me too.  I would kill for a great quality unedited of that show. It wouldn't take much effort. Just release it all!!!  Like you said, it doesn't have to be the quality of the Ritz show.. Just do the best you can with it. 

I know KISS isn't for everyone, but they did it right with the 3-part KISSOLOGY set of DVDs they did. 3 decades of complete live shows, TV appearances, videos and even commercials.  

If they throw 5-6 shows in a box, then yea Ritz 88 should probably be included just because it's a legendary broadcast show, but there's many great shows from that era that don't get talked about enough.

Kiss and Metallica are great examples of how to release classic recordings. Even doing something like Aerosmith (putting 1 show from each decade on their youtube page) would be cool.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, HazednDazed said:

Why are the writing credits incorrect? Why are slash and duff given writing credits on every song? 

They're not incorrect. For a long time now there's been an arrangement for all four "main" members (of the time when Illusions were made) to get credits/royalties for all songs on UYI.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Haha 1

ImportCDs.com has the UYI CD Super Deluxe Edition on sale for $190 plus $9 shipping (and local taxes). They are also having their bi-annual 10% off sale if you use the promo code TENOFF.

This means you could get the UYI CD SDE box for $180.51 shipped plus your local state sales tax. 
I should state that I have ordered from ImportCDs.com many times since 2012 and haven't had any issues. 
However, their customer support department is hard to get in touch with, which could cause issues if you need to return something.

NOTE: The TENOFF discount code expires on November 22nd at Midnight Central Standard Time.
ImportCDs.com does ship internationally, buyer pays shipping.

https://www.importcds.com/guns-n-roses-use-your-illusion-super-deluxe-7-cd-blu-ray/602445116102

I hope this information helps those on the fence make a decision regarding the UYI SDE box.

UYI Box ImportCDs.JPG

• Like 2

What’s going on with Izzy on 14 Years from London? The first verse he mumbles his way through using non-words, as if he has no idea as to what they are. Fair enough, but strange to include it here if that is the case.

And why do the same songs appear twice? (Or do they) Pretty Tied up on the UYIII bonus tracks is the same one as on the Ritz concert?

1 hour ago, gnr5 said:

Sorry for asking about Tokyo being on film, turned into an unexpected discussion. It was just a simple question, a yes or no answer would have been enough.

I don’t think anyone is upset with you so to speak. But similar discussions have been had repeatedly since we got out first glimpse of The Ritz (Albeit not necessarily about Tokyo specifically). The discussion over which shows were captured in 35mm and which were captured on videotape has gotten pretty heated due to the terminology involved. Some of the less tech-savvy members are using the term “film” universally to mean any show which was captured on video, while the more tech-savvy members are getting grumpy about not making the distinction between film and video, because that lack of distinction means people keep popping up saying “well they should release a better show than The Ritz. They can just make Saskatoon look as good as they did with The Ritz”. That is simply not the case, because it wasn’t captured in 35mm. 

I personally err on the side of using the correct terminology to avoid confusion, but I also recognize not all of our members know the intricacies of creating a digital format from an analog source. That’s just not reasonable to expect everybody to know the difference. 

• Like 1

Just bought the 2 deluxe versions of the albums. I think this will be enough for me! 
Still don’t get the need to include “Sail Away Sweet Sister, the drum and guitar solos, and especially “Always on the Run” and “Train Kept a Rollin” without Axl… but oh well… the cds sound great in my car, “Perfect Crime” is such a crazy track! Axl really nailed it live! And the other live tracks quality is amazing! Well worth the 24 euros I paid for each one! :thumbsup:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

I don’t think anyone is upset with you so to speak. But similar discussions have been had repeatedly since we got out first glimpse of The Ritz (Albeit not necessarily about Tokyo specifically). The discussion over which shows were captured in 35mm and which were captured on videotape has gotten pretty heated due to the terminology involved. Some of the less tech-savvy members are using the term “film” universally to mean any show which was captured on video, while the more tech-savvy members are getting grumpy about not making the distinction between film and video, because that lack of distinction means people keep popping up saying “well they should release a better show than The Ritz. They can just make Saskatoon look as good as they did with The Ritz”. That is simply not the case, because it wasn’t captured in 35mm. 

I personally err on the side of using the correct terminology to avoid confusion, but I also recognize not all of our members know the intricacies of creating a digital format from an analog source. That’s just not reasonable to expect everybody to know the difference. 

Wouldn't it be obvious to think, which scenes in the music videos were shot in 35mm? Paradise City, Jungle, It's so Easy, You Could be mine, Estranged?

12 minutes ago, Lim666 said:

Even the non.film live shows will look nice on standard definition Blu-Ray. Quality would be much better than from the leaked Proshots (Indiana'91, St. Louis'91, Oklahoma'92, Chicago'92, Saskatoon'93). Just look at the live scenes from the official LALD and Dead Horse videos, that'd be the quality to expect (assuming those scenes werent shot on 35mm film but video). They have 192 UYI shows,

You r right, some shows r going to have a nice  quality but i guess they even could upload to youtube shows like the used to love her one they upload some months ago, and would be perfectoy fine, they r so greedy about the material, “focus on the band now” yes ofc but seeing the ritz help me remember why i fall in love with the band, and make me watch the selects with another perspective… so idk they could upload ritz 88 full quality with the remaster audio, or idk paris 92 in blue ray with a good definition and the remaster audio hell even wembley or rio 91

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, TheSlashrose said:

Wouldn't it be obvious to think, which scenes in the music videos were shot in 35mm? Paradise City, Jungle, It's so Easy, You Could be mine, Estranged?

To some people yes, and to others no. If you don't know the first thing about photography, you probably can't tell the difference. As to your question about those shows, we don't know the extent of what was filmed - it's not a certainty that the entire shows were filmed in 35mm. We didn't know the entire Ritz show existed in 35mm until it was announced as part of the box set. 

This whole boxset puts emphasis on how there's such a large gap in the band's history where touring and recording music came to a screeching halt. Part of me thinks that Slash, Duff, and Matt would've stuck it out if Axl felt like touring at all from 1994-2000. There's such an irony these days that all they seem to do now is tour which is extremely bittersweet when you consider we lost many years of what should've been the band's prime. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

14 hours ago, rockphantom said:

ImportCDs.com has the UYI CD Super Deluxe Edition on sale for $190 plus $9 shipping (and local taxes). They are also having their bi-annual 10% off sale if you use the promo code TENOFF.

This means you could get the UYI CD SDE box for $180.51 shipped plus your local state sales tax. 
I should state that I have ordered from ImportCDs.com many times since 2012 and haven't had any issues. 
However, their customer support department is hard to get in touch with, which could cause issues if you need to return something.

NOTE: The TENOFF discount code expires on November 22nd at Midnight Central Standard Time.
ImportCDs.com does ship internationally, buyer pays shipping.

https://www.importcds.com/guns-n-roses-use-your-illusion-super-deluxe-7-cd-blu-ray/602445116102

I hope this information helps those on the fence make a decision regarding the UYI SDE box.

UYI Box ImportCDs.JPG

I bought mine from them and got it the next day after the release

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

To some people yes, and to others no. If you don't know the first thing about photography, you probably can't tell the difference. As to your question about those shows, we don't know the extent of what was filmed - it's not a certainty that the entire shows were filmed in 35mm. We didn't know the entire Ritz show existed in 35mm until it was announced as part of the box set. 

Thanks, I have no ideia about film in 35mm. 

Just watching the Ritz again for the 40th time, man, this band is amazing, what strikes me the most is the intimate setting without the shit that goes on in stadiums, people without cell phones, just enjoying the show. The band in its essence, sounding raw, without metals, like a Punk band. I can't understand the separation of these guys, I think I'm too nostalgic close to 40. Even mistakes get my attention positively, that's how every band should be. That's why I can't listen to bands like Coldplay, even if I don't give a shit, they sound awful and too straight. For me the highlight of the show was seeing Shannon Hoon in Don't Cry, his voice matched perfectly with Axl's. I wish the Back to the Future movie was real, I wanted to be there in the middle during those wonderful years. And I'm grateful to have seen them 4 times, in 2010, 2016, 2017. All these shows I got emotional, Estranged will always be my favorite song.

And I realized obviously one important thing, after Izzy left the band, Duff became a standout in his place singing a song. Duff was always important in the band, with his stage presence and backing vocals, but Izzy played that role very well.

Edited by TheSlashrose
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, TheSlashrose said:

Thanks, I have no ideia about film in 35mm. 

Just watching the Ritz again for the 40th time, man, this band is amazing, what strikes me the most is the intimate setting without the shit that goes on in stadiums, people without cell phones, just enjoying the show. The band in its essence, sounding raw, without metals, like a Punk band. I can't understand the separation of these guys, I think I'm too nostalgic close to 40. Even mistakes get my attention positively, that's how every band should be. That's why I can't listen to bands like Coldplay, even if I don't give a shit, they sound awful and too straight. For me the highlight of the show was seeing Shannon Hoon in Don't Cry, her voice matched perfectly with Axl's. I wish the Back to the Future movie was real, I wanted to be there in the middle during those wonderful years. And I'm grateful to have seen them 4 times, in 2010, 2016, 2017. All these shows I got emotional, Estranged will always be my favorite song.

*his voice. 

4 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Even if they don't have the whole shows, it would still be sweet to have a Blu Ray with songs from different shows. 

• GNFNR 2

On 11/17/2022 at 2:13 PM, ruttu69 said:

Double Talking Jive was played 178 times on UYI Tour. (1991: 53, 1992: 70, 1993: 55)

and November Rain 170 times … so get your facts right or gtfo

My facts are straight.  The last couple legs of the 1993 tour were called the Skin N Bones tour, not UYI...so you can go fuck yourself.

Edited by tsinindy
  • Haha 2