05/21/22 - Daytona Beach, FL - Welcome to Rockville

alfierose

53 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

I don't think there is any reason to expect anyone from AC/DC just because they played Back in Black during soundcheck.  

Angus young doesn't live in the US and expecting him to fly all the way here to play one song on stage at a random music festival with GnR is a pretty big stretch.  I mean if I'm wrong I am but I wouldn't count on this happening

I've been in Brian Johnson's house in Sarasota, and Angus was there the week before. He very well might be in Florida doing band business with Brian and Cliff and drove over. 

4 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Wow. I was just coming online to see what’s going on. Sad it got canceled. Sucks for fans who flew out. I was close to getting tickets and making the trip to Florida myself.

If only it didn’t rain, we’d have new music tonight. /s

Everything happens for a reason I guess. Bought our tickets back in December and was supposed to fly in from Texas.  Ended up deploying, military, and had to sell my families VIP tickets.  Glad we didn’t go but feel bad for the folks who bought my tickets. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, jamillos said:

I don't wanna be negative, but he was somewhere completely different vocal-wise in 2016. Well, let's hope for the best

Was he that much different? People were still complaining about most of the same shit. I'd agree that I reckon he isn't in the same shape vocally than he was 6yrs ago, but... Counting him out entirely has almost always been premature. 

40 minutes ago, gnr estranged said:

So bummed, I was there tonight and a few rows from the stage. They really tried to play. The rain was awful. 

Sucks. Sorry to hear it :(

Hopefully GNR does some kind of make up show over that way.  Maybe they will come back next year.

• Thanks 1

every friggin year my pa and i watch daytona and every friggin year it seems, its rained out.... every friggin year my pa says "WHY THE HELL DO THEY STILL DO OUTDOOR STUFF IN FLORIDA"

regardless of season, its a rainy state, why the hell do places with tropical weather still book shows like this!? isnt it still an insurance risk for there to be thousands attending  if a lightning strike happens????

• Like 1