Who is your favorite Guns N'Roses Member? ๐Ÿ˜€

Who is your favorite Guns N'Roses Member? ๐Ÿ˜€  

130 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

56 minutes ago, Karice said:

I'm honestly surprised that no one voted for Matt. Fans have said Matt was a wonderful replacement for Steven and even Axl himself said something like,"Matt saved Guns N'Roses asses after Steven was fired!"

Matt is great but played nothing like Steven. I find Brainโ€™s drumming more considerate of Adlers styleย 

• Like 1

Had to think about that one a minute.ย  Like almost everyone well enough but it's Tommy.ย  Tommy, right before he takes that one more drink that makes my stomach go into knots and I have to run.ย  Strange considering my aversion to drinking alcoholics.ย  Up to a point Tommy is my favorite and then we need Axl to handle things.

1 hour ago, Karice said:

I'm honestly surprised that no one voted for Matt. Fans have said Matt was a wonderful replacement for Steven and even Axl himself said something like,"Matt saved Guns N'Roses asses after Steven was fired!"

Wonder what he says now?

Whistle through your teeth and spit.

48 minutes ago, Rovim said:

the mad ginger bastard, but just to be clear, I think that there is only one Slash and there will never be another.

Smirking at calling Axl "The mad ginger bastard." ๐Ÿ˜

32 minutes ago, Gunner Gilby said:

Steven had a great groove to his drumming. Matt was a great technical drummer. Brain and Frank are a good mix of both.ย 

Fans like how happy Steven seemed as a Drummer. ๐Ÿ˜€

Axl, like Plant, Tyler, Johnson, Daltrey, and McCartney before him, was a bit of a freak of nature. Being a good singer, especially a high octane balls-in-a-vice rock singer .. itโ€™s a strange god-given gift that very few people can pull off. Itโ€™s not like guitar/bass/drums where you can muddle along and practice until youโ€™re at least halfway proficientโ€ฆ itโ€™s literally a lottery win - having that pitch, rhythm and range and sounding good on a mic is rare as rocking horse shit.
ย 

factor in the ability to write melodies and lyrics people enjoy, and most importantly, be wholly original and inimitable in your approach.. not to mention the fact he looked good, he was charismatic and the little shit could dance too?โ€ฆ yeah, itโ€™s a weird one in a million (excuse the pun) combination of talents that makes Axl, and many singers, the real MVPs. And thatโ€™s coming from a bass player.ย 
ย 

the old adage is if youโ€™re drummer and your singer are good, your band is good. ย Pop and rock do rely on a charismatic vocalist, which is why the blokes who front it end up so crazy, they are very aware of their power in the situation, and it warps them.ย 

Iโ€™m not calling the other members coat tail riders, they needed eachother to be that specific band. Slash certainly had the chops and the technique to probably have ended up in a similarly successful band at some point.ย 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

Voted Axl but love Steven and Izzy a lot too, then Duff and Slash. Others are not GNR members but like most of them too.

I think it would be fair to say Matt Sorum can be considered a GN'R member too, despite of not being in the original lineup and being called just an additional musician by then already completely estranged Axl. I mean, he was a creative part of a major record and tour (that catapulted the band to the status of a top world act), even if it wasn't the good ole Appetite days any longer.ย 

Edited by jamillos
  • GNFNR 1

On 12/17/2022 at 3:32 PM, Karice said:

๐Ÿ˜€ Melissa made GNR History as the first and only Female GNR Member! ๐Ÿ˜€ And she's the youngest, in fact , she's young enough to be most of GNR's daughter! ๐Ÿ˜€ย To put this in perspective, Melissa was a one year old BABY when Use Your Illusions Part 1 and 2 were released! That's REALLY young.ย 

Brain is her daddy some of the time. ;)

7 hours ago, jamillos said:

I think it would be fair to say Matt Sorum can be considered a GN'R member too, despite of not being in the original lineup and being called just an additional musician by then already completely estranged Axl. I mean, he was a creative part of a major record and tour (that catapulted the band to the status of a top world act), even if it wasn't the good ole Appetite days any longer.ย 

Fair enuff, Gilby was a good fit too at that time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EvanG said:

Seriously, no votes for Dizzy?

Even tho he's not earning quite what Axl Slash and Duff are, I'm sure he's making enough to not care about votes on a fan board.

I respect Dizzy for what he does. Plays keys where needed. Adds percussion where keys would be intrusive. And when he joined it's not like he replaced anyone. I don't get why so many hate on the guy. If anyone here who was a musician and got asked to join an established band and make good money would you say no?

2 hours ago, Gunner Gilby said:

Even tho he's not earning quite what Axl Slash and Duff are, I'm sure he's making enough to not care about votes on a fan board.

I respect Dizzy for what he does. Plays keys where needed. Adds percussion where keys would be intrusive. And when he joined it's not like he replaced anyone. I don't get why so many hate on the guy. If anyone here who was a musician and got asked to join an established band and make good money would you say no?

I wouldn't say no. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ I'd get paid good money to play Keyboard in a world famous Rock Band! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜