The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

6 minutes ago, NachoLZ said:

If Sate of Grace evolved into The General, that would be such a facepalm for all of us haha

I'd not be that upset by this, I think State of grace has such a cool vibe. That stompy bass riff, that chorus!! Even with really, really unfinished demo vocals you can tell it's a great song. If that's the general then bring it on!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dani_1455 said:

Well calm down, that's your point, in my point of view ''I'm not sure exactly how many we did in total'' does not mean that's everything, does mean that maybe there are 2 more songs or 1 or 3, or maybe there are not more, but he does not remember exactly how many they did, in case maybe you're right but nobody knows!

Yeah he totally can't remember if it was 4-6 or 10-12 ... Cmon man are you really that simple? He can't remember because it was 2 years since he did the songs and it was only a handful ... 4-6 .. He doesn't remember the exact amount because he doesn't care ... But he wouldn't have said 1-2 more then another 1-2 more and that's it if there were 10-12 for a full album's worth. Stop pretending like there's more to what he said when he was very matter of fact about it. It's not my point of view, it's literally what he said.

Edited by 2020_Intensions
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Yeah he totally can't remember if it was 4-6 or 10-12 ... Cmon man are you really that simple? He can't remember because it was 2 years since he did the songs and it was only a handful ... 4-6 .. He doesn't remember the exact amount because he doesn't care ... But he wouldn't have said 1-2 more then another 1-2 more and that's it if there were 10-12 for a full album's worth. Stop pretending like there's more to what he said when he was very matter of fact about it. It's not my point of view, it's literally what he said.

I'm not saying they did 10 or 12 songs, what I'm saying is that he say I don't remember exactly how many we did, so It can be 6 or 7 ir 3 or 4, and in terms of Guns N Roses getting 1 more song or not is important!

10 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

I'm not saying they did 10 or 12 songs, what I'm saying is that he say I don't remember exactly how many we did, so It can be 6 or 7 ir 3 or 4, and in terms of Guns N Roses getting 1 more song or not is important!

Any time GNR is brought up its members lose the ability to count or recollect what happened the previous day. Certainly Slash knows the number and it’s a paltry sum. I would say 4-6 is right in the money. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Unless they re-mix (to correct) Absurd and Hard Skool and properly master them, I hope they leave them off a future release, unless they plan on mixing new songs in the same awful fashion... which would be upsetting. 

I hope Slash's influence on The General, Perhaps, etc. doesn't take it down a notch or two.

I would also like it if half or more of an eventual new album has songs completely untouched by the NITL lineup. Songs like Shackler's Revenge, Slash wouldn't fit well anyways. I wonder what will become of the Bucket-heavy tracks. 

It’s crazy that those songs don’t sound right when Chinese sounds so good with the same team. People complain about the layers but the mix and mastering on that album is superb 

Edited by Arnuld

50 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

It’s crazy that those sounds don’t sound right when Chinese sounds so good with the same team. People complain about the layers but the mix and mastering on that album is superb 

Andy Wallace mixed the album, right? Did he mix the two new singles? That might be the root cause…

16 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Andy Wallace mixed the album, right? Did he mix the two new singles? That might be the root cause…

I don’t think so. And Bob Ludwig mastered it. I listened to some of it last night with really good headphones. Forgot how great it sounds 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Did he mix the two new singles? That might be the root cause…

Absurd was mixed by Caram Costanzo. I don't think it was ever revealed who mixed Hard Skool but it was definitely Caram since he produced it with Axl.  The physical and streaming releases of Hard Skool don't have mixer credits.

Edited by History2010
  • Thanks 1

My questions on the Hard Skool mix are these:

1.Why would Axl approve of his voice being buried in the mix? I suppose there's a chance he liked the "echoey" effect it had, but still...

2.Why did Axl approve of Melissa's keyboards being buried so far in the mix? Obviously he commissioned her to add them, but you can barely hear them. Considering that most people in their 60s (especially those who perform loud music for a living) have weaker hearing it's hard to imagine he could hear them at all.

3 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

Bucket head hasn't been in Guns in 20 years now and has never spoken of his time in the band since. I'm sure anything he worked on was canned a long time ago. 

Slash will for sure elevate whatever material exists and give it a GNR vibe

You can hear some of Bucket's bits in Absurd (especially the intro) and some in the outro as well.

CD2 as it existed 10 years ago, also had Bucket and Robin present, much like he was on the 2008 album, with Bumble throughout. No DJ Ashba.

43 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Andy Wallace mixed the versions of the songs that leaked in 2008. (I believe those mixes were from 2003-2004) I'm sure he mixed many more. He was probably credited on the 2008 album, but I don't think he did the final mixes we hear on the album.

Bob Ludwig mastered the album. Mastering and mixing are not the same.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Andy Wallace mixed the versions of the songs that leaked in 2008. (I believe those mixes were from 2003-2004) I'm sure he mixed many more. He was probably credited on the 2008 album, but I don't think he did the final mixes we hear on the album.

Bob Ludwig mastered the album. Mastering and mixing are not the same.

Yeah. Chinese Democracy has five credited mixers: Mike Scielzi, Paul Saurez, Axl Rose, Caram Costanzo and Andy Wallace.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

This is Guns N Roses.  Slash 100% knows what he worked on.  I think the locker stuff was brought about and when they got discs it was like oh yeah these….do you guys like these? And maybe here’s a few others I’ve got.  He knows what he’s done.  He’s just not saying to be vague because someone needs to say “okay yeah release this.”  I 100% believe that’s the case.  Unless they’ve done far more than we know which could be possible.  They were pretty quiet pre-tour.  Duff had the iggy stuff but that was quick.  Acoustic songs were in the van for him.  Slice did some of his own promotional stuff and probably guest spots. I hope we at least hear

the general

soul monster

perhaps (done)

state of grace (done)

seven

ides of march

Oklahoma

zodiac

I’d welcome any other Chinese or full album stuff.  But at minimum those then I’d prefer to hear a new cohesive album

5 hours ago, Rovim said:

Tommy was in Gn'R for a long time. Why would Tommy lie and say that Axl recorded vocals in each year he was in the band? he doesn't have anything to gain by lying about that. The Locker leaks are not a good indication of how much vocals Axl managed to record, and he also said the second half of Chinese was done.

I am just wondering past like 2001 how many *final* usable master vocal takes were recorded and how much of CD2 was reliant on those vocals done years ago

• Like 2

Since Oklahoma was brought up in this thread, I have a question. Wasn't the song  created as a result of the Oklahoma City bombings that occurred in 1995? If so, a LOT has happened since then. I'm wondering if Axl would rerecord the lyrics if it's about that if they release the song. A lot of people may have forgotten about that. I definitely know that a lot of people have forgotten about 9/11 and I live in NJ where we had residents pass away that day.  A lot of younger folks don't even  know about 9/11 or cannot understand the magnitude of that day.  I do wonder. 

16 minutes ago, Draguns said:

Since Oklahoma was brought up in this thread, I have a question. Wasn't the song  created as a result of the Oklahoma City bombings that occurred in 1995? If so, a LOT has happened since then. I'm wondering if Axl would rerecord the lyrics if it's about that if they release the song. A lot of people may have forgotten about that. I definitely know that a lot of people have forgotten about 9/11 and I live in NJ where we had residents pass away that day.  A lot of younger folks don't even  know about 9/11 or cannot understand the magnitude of that day.  I do wonder. 

Axl later said the song was called Berlin so the original lyrics were might have changed or been added to. At this point he could call it Kiev and the title wouldn't really matter, if it's got vocals I want to hear it.

• Like 1

I like the State of Grace demo but it's hard to imagine that song being released today with the current line-up without being radically re-arranged. It's definitely not The General, can tell that from the phone clip of the latter.

I have to imagine Atlas gets released at some point, that's been worked on for so many years and already has vocals.

ABSURD
Hard Skool
Perhaps
The General
Atlas Shrugged

Hoping we get Soul Monster because that instrumental was fucking awesome. Berlin and Seven would be nice because the instrumental of the former was cool and the latter has been hyped up by Beltrami and Brain.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Draguns said:

"Rerecord"!?? We're lucky to have vocals from 99 let alone Axl redoing anything!

• Haha 1