11/02/23 - Los Angeles, CA - The Hollywood Bowl NIGHT 2

alfierose

35 minutes ago, ChristianGNR said:

My biggest fear was that Axl couldn't sing the raspier parts of The General and Monster and he sounded pretty decent.
Still needs to works on the verses, but he'll keeeps improving, for sure.

They didn't play monsters though? Just the general. I thought he sounded pretty close to the record, and I thought he wouldn't manage it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Amir said:

I was gonna check that out but I guess I shouldn’t now? 😬

a friendly suggestion: don't do it if you expect any kind of melody. Think of it as Roger the rapper phase. If you're open for what I think Roger was trying to do, there is some value to it I think, but it's kinda like spoken poetry, not anything resembling the original DSOTM imho.

Edited by Rovim
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JAxlMorrison said:

Gasps? They take 2024 off and tour in 2025 and they’ll still fill venues around the world no matter what. It’s so strange to be on a message board for fans of a band, and witness some of these angry posters predicting and/or wishing doom and gloom. You should really find something you DO enjoy to follow. It would drastically improve your daily attitude and quality of life.

I totally agree! I don't get why people like this are on here. You don't like the band and performances then simply don't go.

2 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

So I guess this settles the debate over whether The General/Monsters is one song or two huh? :book: 

It’s dumbfounding that anyone would ever think that… one song is clearly about child abuse and the other clearly about a romantic relationship gone bad (Seymour). 

Pleasantly surprised that the performance of The General wasn’t a train wreck, from Axl specifically. The chorus is all Mickey so it’s not the biggest challenge in the world for Axl, he even forced out more rasp on it live compared to the studio. Pretty much nailed the outro wails as well. Good shit, Guns. Fingers crossed for Monsters at some point 

• GNFNR 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

4 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Sounded exactly like the leak. Don't expect the vinyl release to sound all that different to what we already got. 

That said, do you think the studio vocals have been re-recorded since 2006 (or 1999 lol)? The vocals from the leak sounded almost identical to the performance last night.

Edited by Coma16
  • Like 1

Just now, Coma16 said:

That said, do you think the studio vocals have been re-recorded since 2006 (or 1999 lol)? The vocals from the leak sounded almost identical to the performance last night.

Yup! I made a comment about that when it leaked, but with dozens of comments happening at the same time it must have got buried because nobody responded, and I also am not reading through every comment lol but there's no way the vocals on that leak are from 1999 or even 2006. The vocals on The General leak sound like they were recorded within the last few years. 

Just now, axljungle said:

The strings sound louder.

Adjusting sound levels is not a significant difference. I said the vinyl is not going to be "all that different" meaning the actual song itself.

18 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Sounded exactly like the leak. Don't expect the vinyl release to sound all that different to what we already got. 

I don’t expect much to be re-recorded from the leak, if anything. I do expect it to be properly mixed and mastered though, and that can make a hell of a lot of difference. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Ah so you haven't heard Roger Waters version of Dark Side of the Moon yet? 

2 hours ago, Amir said:

I was gonna check that out but I guess I shouldn’t now? 😬

Despite some really, really low points (Money, the spoken word passages, etc) I enjoyed it. Not as bad as I expected after listening to the Money single.

• Like 1