Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

17 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I agree, I don't like her screaming and her guitar playing was entirely unnecessary when you've got Gilby also playing (half the time she was just holding the guitar anyway). Would've preferred someone else singing. 

No, it was one of those collabs where everyone records their parts separately then the video is edited together. Slash only played the solo and some lead stuff at the end of the song.

She screaming can to woke up an corpse :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I agree, I don't like her screaming and her guitar playing was entirely unnecessary when you've got Gilby also playing (half the time she was just holding the guitar anyway). Would've preferred someone else singing. 

No, it was one of those collabs where everyone records their parts separately then the video is edited together. Slash only played the solo and some lead stuff at the end of the song.

But there was still some kind of collaboration with a guy that you have seemingly nothing nice to tell about in your great rock n roll autobiography, right? 

I mean, I didn't read the book, but the comments I read here, spoke for themselves. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

But there was still some kind of collaboration with a guy that you have seemingly nothing nice to tell about in your great rock n roll autobiography, right? 

I mean, I didn't read the book, but the comments I read here, spoke for themselves. 

I mean that they weren't in the same room together.

13 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I mean that they weren't in the same room together.

Yeah, I get that. Regardless... it's nice to see Slash playing with a great drummer again. Lzzy was also nice to watch.

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, soon said:

I love how as soon as Slash appears, the Gilby window disappears and we dont see Gilby again until the very last note :lol:

Great to see Matt, Gilby and Slash collab :headbang:

Also, Gilby is standing in front of a wall of album plaques. You can see UYI 1&2. He didnt play on those. But his performances helped sell them. So, fair enough I guess. He was likely given them.

Interesting I didn't even think of that. You can see TSI and Live Era up there too which he obviously did play on.

That was so much fun to watch. I got a thrill seeing Slash, Matt and Gilby playing together even if they weren't in the same room. It sure would have made the reunion more special if they were part of it.

On another note, I thought Linda Perry was Steven Tyler lol. I met Slash at a Camp Freddy show years ago when they were still putting "the Project" together.  They had performed with Linda Perry that night. I was all fucked up on boozed and ecstasy and remember telling him that they should hire her as the singer.  He kind of looked at me like it was a crazy idea. I still stand behind it, that woman has some fucking pipes.. Would definitely take her over Myles.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Interesting I didn't even think of that. You can see TSI and Live Era up there too which he obviously did play on.

That was so much fun to watch. I got a thrill seeing Slash, Matt and Gilby playing together even if they weren't in the same room. It sure would have made the reunion more special if they were part of it.

On another note, I thought Linda Perry was Steven Tyler lol. I met Slash at a Camp Freddy show years ago when they were still putting "the Project" together.  They had performed with Linda Perry that night. I was all fucked up on boozed and ecstasy and remember telling him that they should hire her as the singer.  He kind of looked at me like it was a crazy idea. I still stand behind it, that woman has some fucking pipes.. Would definitely take her over Myles.

He played exquisitely on those other two albums! Not bad for an "Additional musician" ;)

It was definitely a glimpse at all that could have been. Matt has an authority over a drum kit. You can see his ease with it.

Haha, I failed to ever realize it was Linda Perry. I think I just lazily assumed she was Hales backup singer. She sounded great. 

I like you idea too, she would have been a great singer for them! I wonder if her writing for pop mega stars coloured Slashs view of her at all? Thats fucking awesome that you got to party with Slash and chat with him! :headbang:If theres any more to that story, Im sure that Im not alone in wanting to hear it! 

2 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Yeah especially during the "Come Together." omfg....like a screeching cat, but worse. Ha! :lol:

Yeah, i never liked much the Axl and Springsteen version of the "Come Togheter", but it version is terrible :D

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, soon said:

Thats fucking awesome that you got to party with Slash and chat with him! :headbang:If theres any more to that story, Im sure that Im not alone in wanting to hear it! 

I actually didn't get to party with Slash.  It was at Camp Freddy in NYC. I was outside after the show and saw a bunch of roadies walking in and out of the backdoor of the club and I just followed them in lol. I saw Slash and just started talking to him and Perla for a few. There were famous musicians all over. It was actually the second time I met him. I met him back during one of the Snakepit tours and talked too him for like 15 minutes that time. I DID party with Adler a couple times though!!

1 hour ago, Ratam said:

Yeah, i never liked much the Axl and Springsteen version of the "Come Togheter"

I thought I was the only one!!

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

I actually didn't get to party with Slash.  It was at Camp Freddy in NYC. I was outside after the show and saw a bunch of roadies walking in and out of the backdoor of the club and I just followed them in lol. I saw Slash and just started talking to him and Perla for a few. There were famous musicians all over. It was actually the second time I met him. I met him back during one of the Snakepit tours and talked too him for like 15 minutes that time. I DID party with Adler a couple times though!!

I thought I was the only one!!

I'm be sure that read others forum members not liked the Axl and Bruce version too.

• Like 1

On 16.8.2020 at 9:02 AM, Sydney Fan said:

now susans doing the "fam" word :facepalm:

But she's talking about actual family, hers. Not family members, who are made to pay 250 $ if they want to stand in front of the stage. ;)

On 16.8.2020 at 9:22 PM, Ratam said:

Sorry, to my Lizzy Hale was :( :thumbsdown:

Yeah. I don't know what people see in her.

• Like 2

On 17.8.2020 at 12:42 AM, soon said:

I love how as soon as Slash appears, the Gilby window disappears and we dont see Gilby again until the very last note :lol:

Great to see Matt, Gilby and Slash collab :headbang:

Also, Gilby is standing in front of a wall of album plaques. You can see UYI 1&2. He didnt play on those. But his performances helped sell them. So, fair enough I guess. He was likely given them.

That has to sting when the only gold and platinum plaques you can actually hang on your walls are the ones you haven't played on.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

That has to sting when the only gold and platinum plaques you can actually hang on your walls are the ones you haven't played on.

Maybe! lol But he helped sell them, at least. Aint any of the others go platinum? TSI must have?

1 hour ago, soon said:

Maybe! lol But he helped sell them, at least. Aint any of the others go platinum? TSI must have?

Alright. Spaghetti is Platinum. But only 1x. Not Multi-Platinum. And still his contribution was minimal. https://www.riaa.com/gold-platinum/?tab_active=default-award&ar=guns+n+roses&ti=&lab=&genre=&format=&date_option=release&from=&to=&award=P&type=&category=&adv=SEARCH#search_section

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, The Real McCoy said:

I’m legitimately curious as to how Axl feels about Slash performing with Matt and Gilby, even on a virtual level.

Im sure he doesnt care, didnt TB invite both of them to be part of the reunion? Axl must have approved.