Slash: "We will focus on a new GNR album"

3 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Thank Christ for Axl though. I couldn't live with myself if Guns produced something as spontaneous and average as the Conspirators. Axl's patience with his stuff has worked well in the past, so hopefully we see it work here just as well.

If Axl works some of them progressions and riffs into his own ideas... way better than CD. And that would just be the base level.

metalheadzone.com/ex-guns-n-roses-manager-mocks-possible-new-album-of-the-band/

Here is what Niven said:

“Well, it isn’t so much ‘my take’, it’s what Curly [Slash] said to me the last time that I saw him which was when he came through Phoenix here just a few months ago.

He told me that basically Axl Rose was in isolation, going through stuff that was recorded, but not used, on Chinese Democracy.

You know, if I’d been making the comment, the next record might as well be called Chinese Leftovers.“

If I this is true and we are going to see an album with some of the stuff meant for CDll let’s say November 2020, hopefully we get some stuff that supposedly being hoarded like at Atlas Shrugged(if it really is out there) or something like that earlier next year knowing it’s going to be released anyway

Edited by Wabby

6 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Thank Christ for Axl though. I couldn't live with myself if Guns produced something as spontaneous and average as the Conspirators. Axl's patience with his stuff has worked well in the past, so hopefully we see it work here just as well.

So we are using CD as the benchmark in terms of how creative axl will be on the next record?. Its unfortunate that axl has had to use duff and slash to get creative and release new music especially with the different lineups nuguns has had. If anything im extremely critical of axl. I hope we arnt going to get another stephanie seymour album.

14 minutes ago, default_ said:

Well, hes basically saying they will see what happens after the tour, and thats where the real problem is: studio. How many years they took to get CD out of the studio? 15?

CDII starts in 2034!

Are you really going to make that comparison? You know that's dumb, right?

12 hours ago, RageKage said:

Slash gave another interview to a German newspaper.

https://www.zeit.de/kultur/musik/2019-03/guns-n-roses-slash-gitarrist-interview/seite-3

The last two questions were:

Until mid August you're on world tour with SMKC. Do you have plans for the time after that?

Slash: when I'm back home, I will sit down with the guys in guns n roses and focus on a new record.

You haven't worked on it yet?

Slash: No, but I know everyone involved wants to do this record. We're talking about it and Axl already has a ton of material which he produced himself. I think we're in a phenomenal form to get started.

I honestly thought this was a repost of the German interview because the language is (to me) still very similar.

"Everyone wants," "we're talking about it," "Axl has material," "phenomenal form to get started." It's maybe less bullshit-speak than the past statements, but in no way does this confirm an album.

13 minutes ago, RageKage said:

Are you really going to make that comparison? You know that's dumb, right?

Dumb is to believe everything is gonna be perfectly fine just because Slash is back lol Ill believe when I have the vinyl on my hands, Slash is back but Axl still makes the shots. 

I have the impression that maybe even Chris Pitman might be involved in the new record, because his fingerprints were all over CD I and II. He was fired from the tour, but not from potential studio recordings. 

Edited by Sosso

7 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Nice interview. The most interesting part is this, imo:

Interviewer asks if Slash prefers live playing or studio work/ songwriting. He answers something like this:
Prefers live playing, studio work/ songwriting is the way to get to do that.
He says he can’t work on a piece for too long and that he is more the spontaneous type, which can be an 
advantage or disadvantage. 

The interviewer then asks about the disadvantage part.
Slash answers: Because sometimes you could achieve more with a song if you had 
the patience to work on it harder. But I lose interest once the original spark is gone.

This is exactly why his solo stuff is so meh most of the time. 
Interesting that he is fully aware of it but does it anyway. 
He should be glad that Axl is so different in that regard.

100% agree. I've never cared for much of Slash's work outside of Guns N' Roses.

I've always thought Axl made Slash better, especially on some of Axl's "babies" like November Rain. I can't imagine a brilliant solo like that was Slash's original interpretation. Axl probably asked/encouraged Slash to modify it so it fit more into Axl's vision of having that epic finale.

13 hours ago, RageKage said:

Slash gave another interview to a German newspaper.

https://www.zeit.de/kultur/musik/2019-03/guns-n-roses-slash-gitarrist-interview/seite-3

You haven't worked on it yet?

Slash: No, but I know everyone involved wants to do this record. We're talking about it and Axl already has a ton of material which I can copy from and make you think it's original. I think we're in phenomenal form to get started.

Fixed it for you.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

I've always thought Axl made Slash better

totally agree but the opposite is also true. slash made axl better

source : chinese democracy vs. appetite and the illusions

those two were born to be in the same band... its like slashs guitar is an extension of axls voice and vice-versa... they just dont sound the same without one another

• Like 3