(THREAD UPDATE: HE LIED) GNR Manager Fernando Confirms New Album Within 6 Months!!

38 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

I don't think anything could be more counterproductive for the band than Axl himself. Irving's involvement with GNR begins in March 2008 and ends in June 2009 which is very short and in no way can be considered a factor for album release delays or retarded production approach of Axl. 

I don't deny that he had his own business interests by forcing Axl into a reunion but he had also forced Axl to release CD. Something no one else was able to do otherwise we might not even get CD as of this minute that I'm writing this.

In my opinion Irving could probably tell by his mountain of experience within the entertainment field that Axl's new musical direction was just a myth and he is a failed artist that after all those years was left with barely 13 average tracks worth of release. That is why he saw a potential to revitalize the band by reunion.

--

PS: and by the way even Irving's reunion idea (call it cash-grab or whatever) was way ahead of his time. Couldn't it be better to run this cash-grab reunion tour back in 2008 than now?

Azoff wanted to replicate The Eagles situation that he conjured and implemented back in the early/mid 90’s. The obstacle to this was two fold. One was releasing Chinese Democracy. The other was for Axl to get things out of his system and open lines of communication. The album was more complicated than just putting it out there. He needed to find a way for UMG to recoup its investment. There was never any long term play with that era of GNR moving forward. They found a patsy with Best Buy to move things forward and in the meantime messed with the inner workings of the band to try and set up the scenario. Axl obviously didn’t buy what Azoff was selling after watching things spiral out of his control. 

In that sense he failed. While he facilitated a release, Axl obviously didn’t get it out of his system and felt cheated by the experience for whatever reason. Otherwise you probably do see that reunion by 2009-2010

Azoff did more harm than good with how the band functioned long term post 2008. It’s partly why the reunion didn’t happen sooner, why Finck left for Ashba, why they eventually settled with TB etc.

Not saying there isn’t a mountain of blame to throw Axl’s way in it, but by no means was Azoff a good manager for post 2006 GNR 

Edited by guitarpatch
  • Like 2

On 2/23/2020 at 11:46 AM, SeBaZ said:

Your clock is off.  It's missing years and months at the beginning :)

31 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

And unfortunately, fans couldn't see the reunion for what it was gonna be: parents without any chemistry pretending to keep a happy face on for the kids.

And here we are. 

Truer words, my friend. Truer words...

2 hours ago, guitarpatch said:

Irving Azoff, while who may work for some artists, is really only interested in leveraging his other business properties, partners and maximizing wealth across the board. That includes whatever necessary underhanded practices and if necessary, any practices at an artist’s expense 

Not the best hire if you were truly trying to release a record from a band with non-classic members. Irving came aboard to not only cash in on a reunion but to try and leverage one for everyone else’s best interests. Extremely counterproductive for what GNR was trying to accomplish 

I think GNR was pretty clear with him on what they wanted, he made promises to go with that and then broke those, hence the grounds for the lawsuit.  I think they got pretty tired of the promises of companies and that's why they took it back to in house where they have more controls.  That has it's pros and cons I'm sure but, overall, the in house seems to be working for GNR and moving them forward.  5th in touring, former members back in, concerts on time and talk of new music, that's progress.

3 hours ago, chinese stew said:

I just hope the new album is not also about Stephanie Seymour....and how she wouldn't say goodbye.

It ain’t about nothing, there is no new album.. why? They don’t know how to make on and how to do it.. they have to figure out how to do it before they can make one:facepalm:

1 hour ago, Creed said:

Azoff is mowt probably an asshole...juat a money guy. When you have a brand like GnR, you dont need guys like him. Having a family member as manager is the best thing you can get. TB just sucks in terms of communication, media and merch.

I don't know about sucks at communication.  I feel like they talk more than AC/DC management but way less than the Dead who talk to you all the time but they are always selling something so they have a motivation.  (Only two bands I'm following like that.)  My feeling on the media is they are just out to stir up shit and put out clickbait so the less said to them the better.  But yeah, GNR merch sucks and is way over priced just like the other two bands.  I did like that last valentine's day shirt, something about lies, but that was more for a guy to wear.  I'm just not in the market for merch.

Edited by cineater

So Rock the Rock is the only new music we get from Axl and Slash ? 

In Slash’s book - He says Vr recorded with Buckcherrys singer - A whole album and then listening to the playback of the songs - Didn’t like them - 

Then Vr recorded with Corey Taylor 

10 songs - didn’t dig those either 

Maybe Axl and Him have recorded more than this 1 song - maybe they don’t like them at all or just don’t think anybody would but I won’t be surprised to see a Album soon 

1 hour ago, TMAC20 said:

So Rock the Rock is the only new music we get from Axl and Slash ? 

In Slash’s book - He says Vr recorded with Buckcherrys singer - A whole album and then listening to the playback of the songs - Didn’t like them - 

Then Vr recorded with Corey Taylor 

10 songs - didn’t dig those either 

Maybe Axl and Him have recorded more than this 1 song - maybe they don’t like them at all or just don’t think anybody would but I won’t be surprised to see a Album soon 

What makes you think Slash plays on Rock The Rock? :lol:

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Just to show how easy it is for so-called ''legendary frontmen/singers'' to get albums made as a ''collaborative experience'', Duff Mckagan and Chad Smith jammed with Ozzy and together they wrote and recorded an album - Slash guests on two songs. This must have all happened whilst the NITL tour was active. Listening to the album yesterday, I found it good with two-three stand-out songs, which isn't bad for a 71 year old in the full throes of Parkinson's (and other health concerns). 

That ozzy lp was also written and recorded within 6 days.

How many years did chinese take? LoL

At least Azoff got an album out of the band. It could have just as easily gone bad, and we would be where were were at today, with no 2008 release.

Sadly, the best thing to happen to GN'R fans aside from touring and CD's release would be the "locker leaks"

There's all this stuff likes "field of possibilities" and particles that are affected when observed or when there's a wall with holes in it. Yet, somehow even with so many people gravitating their willpower towards a new album particles, Axl remains unmoved. The new album is still on the field of possibilities I guess, but damn if you can make those particles to actually align into an album. Damn you Axl! :wow:

Edited by weaponsnflowers