Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

9 minutes ago, Kittiara said:

Ooh thank you! That's a huge difference! Wonder why Amazon is so out of sync. :question:

I don’t know, they’re normally the cheapest. I think they will eventually realise their mistake and drop the price...or they will drop the price making it look like it’s a deal when it was always meant to be £129! 

I know their media blackout or whatever is nothing new, but isn't it kind of weird to put something like this out and have nothing  to say about it?  I mean, letting the tour speak for itself is one thing, but to be selling a one thousand dollar box set and have nothing to say about what's on it, why it's good. why anyone should care...etc. Just a couple of instagram posts that don't really say anything.  Just basically 'here's a thing. buy it'.  I can't tell if it's arrogant or weirdly detached or both. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

I know their media blackout or whatever is nothing new, but isn't it kind of weird to put something like this out and have nothing  to say about it?  I mean, letting the tour speak for itself is one thing, but to be selling a one thousand dollar box set and have nothing to say about what's on it, why it's good. why anyone should care...etc. Just a couple of instagram posts that don't really say anything.  Just basically 'here's a thing. buy it'.  I can't tell if it's arrogant or weirdly detached or both. 

Not sure what needs to be said? It's quite clear what it is and what it's for. They don't need to say anything to sell it. They'll probably say something at some point I imagine like it was cool going through the archives or whatever, but can't imagine much more than that. The fact is, the members of GN'R don't need to do interviews or say anything to sell a tour or an album.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RageKage said:

Releases as in new music or more stuff like this? 

Not sure really.  We will see!

12 hours ago, EvH said:

Both Kill and Ride (the studio albums) were crushed at the mastering stage for CD.

Clearly inferior sounding to earlier releases.

I wish I could just order the books from these boxsets!

What a lame boxset for 1000. Even the 180 dollar set leaves much to be desired for the price. It would be worth that price if it were Vinyl and not only CD. I don't care to collect physical media unless its vinyl. I have no use for CDs and the additional tracks arent on the vinyl remaster either. Very lame.

Edited by pugachev
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, troccoli said:

I wish I could just order the books from these boxsets!

I think it's possible for Puppets but indeed not for the previous two. A shame, really!

4 hours ago, charliehoodger said:

So don't know if this has been asked but what does anyone suppose us on that Usb drive?

The exact same content as on the CDs, in higher res formats.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

So, does the 5.1 audio mean we're going to get AFD in files like these?

No. There will be 6 different channels. Some will be heavier on lead guitar, some on bass etc but there won't be 1 channel = 1 instrument

If having purchased it it would be difficult to remove the impression that you had just been rogered up the arse, the faux tattoos a sad reminder of dissipation. Truthfully the whole assemblage is just embarrassing; where would you place that monstrosity in your abode? It might contaminate the rest of your music collection!

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

If having purchased it it would be difficult to remove the impression that you had just been rogered up the arse, the faux tattoos a sad reminder of dissipation. Truthfully the whole assemblage is just embarrassing; where would you place that monstrosity in your abode? It might contaminate the rest of your music collection!

I wish there was a version that was just the book with all of the CD content included, like having all the CDs line inner pockets of the inside of the cover and back cover.  I don't want any trinkets, just all of the CDs and maybe the book!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Nice words, "bro"!
Each to their own and feel free to be pissed or d/l or whatever.  But there is NO way i wouldnt go to financially support the band in this release. i've been wanting this for about ~30 years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Lim666 said:

Nice words, "bro"!
Each to their own and feel free to be pissed or d/l or whatever.  But there is NO way i wouldnt go to financially support the band in this release. i've been wanting this for about ~30 years.

Thirty years? I've had those demos since the 1990s! Or do you mean the tattoos and skull rings?

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/feature/saturday-deluxe-5-may-2018/

once you put aside the vinyl and CDs we are still getting ‘faux’ this and ‘replica’ that. You are paying £850 and the band aren’t even signing it. How about some content of genuine quality? Something that will last. REAL leather-bound book packaging with debossed or embossed logo. 

Not enough animals were killed during the manufacturing of this box set. One of the stranger complaints I’ve come across...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2