Hard School FULL LEAK Discussion **NO LINKS**7 Day Suspension For Asking For Links**

18 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Im sure slash would be thinking about the lyrics and wondering " are the lyrics about me".

Im doubtful with franks drumming abililty on this track.

I'm sure Axl would deny it, but it seems fairly obvious this is 100% directed at Slash.

"Thought you would be more of a man" kinda kills any chance it could be about Stephanie.

10 hours ago, Gnrfan2001 said:

(Verse 1)

All cautions made

Every chance was given

No effort spared

To save what we had

All in good faith

I would not hesitate

To extend myself

And lend you a hand   <<<<  and lend you my hand

(Chorus)

But you had to play it cool and do it your way

Had to be a fool and throw it all away

Too hard school

And you thought you were here to stay

If that were true, it wouldn't matter anyway

(Verse 2)

As tempers fade

And lies forgiven

???                                 <<<<<<<<  No   quantum rays? :)

And break what we had    <<<<<<<  TO break what we had

???                                  <<<<<<< in it's place

A storm had lifted

I would've thought you could've been more of a man

(Chorus)

(Solo)

(Bridge)

(Chorus)

(Outro)

Too hard school

And you thought you were here to stay

If that were true, it wouldn't matter anyway

Edited by ASLayerAODsk
noticed more errors that needed correcting :)

Edit: Weird are there multiple versions? Because I just heard a different one from this morning (labelled Jackie Chan) and it's... substantially better. This was originally a critical review but I actually dig this second version I heard. Still very "CD" but better than a lot of the other songs on that album. Axl's voice sounds better, too?

Why was Rhiad chosen over this? Haha. 

Edited by Ant

2 hours ago, WhazUp said:

As a guitar player myself, it just sounds a tad sloppy to me, like what I sound like when I haven't completely locked down a melodic idea I had in mind and am fishing for ways to make it work while I am playing - nothing personal against Robin though his work on Chinese is one of my favorite parts of that album with his lead work on TIL and the little solo on Better he does near the end

To me the solo sounds like something put down on tape for a rough demo as an idea but not fully realized yet - which I assume is the case so I am not hating on it for what it is, but just that is how I hear it as a guitar player

Well, I play guitar too (and I already learnt the song by ear, it's great to play), and to me Robin's solo sounds something weird that he would play. Kinda like his IRS work - the intro is mellow, the solo is weird and kinda unexpected in some way. 

I don't know why the break has such low lead guitars. Maybe that was something that Axl would still put some vocals over?

1 hour ago, there is no dana only zool said:

Might get a tomato or something thrown at me for this but a bunch of the guitar soloing reminds me of No Prayer/Fear of the Dark era Maiden guitar work. 

I was thinking that, or late 80s early 90s Priest. Almost like Nightcrawler in a way.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Well, I play guitar too (and I already learnt the song by ear, it's great to play), and to me Robin's solo sounds something weird that he would play. Kinda like his IRS work - the intro is mellow, the solo is weird and kinda unexpected in some way. 

I don't know why the break has such low lead guitars. Maybe that was something that Axl would still put some vocals over?

For me the guitar work is okay up until the key change to concert F (F# in Eb standard), that solo sounds more like a placeholder solo to me in terms of it just not sounding fully developed - the rest of it overall sounds okay besides the mix like you said , I agree with the lead guitars overall on those parts definitely sound way back in the mix as does the Bucket shredding at the end

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Come on, it was a PM. Not everybody knows how to find these songs. As music fanatic, who has a whole basement for his passion, I would think you to be empathetic. 

It's legit on the first page of this thread, and anybody who knows how to use search engines will be able to find the material.

15 minutes ago, angriestwhopper said:

The more I listen to hard school the better it is. I agree about the lyrics aimed at slash - it certainly sounds like it.

I hope everything else gets released and the band have no choice but to write new stuff. 

These have been massively overhyped

2nd paragraph, absoloutely this!!!!!!. I want new songs from scratch material.

Edited by Sydney Fan

Just now, Arnuld said:

Would you still have that opinion if HS was mixed properly and mastered? 

Pretty sure, yes. SOYL was vintage Appetite. Beggars belief that it wasn't on the album.

Hard School is cool but only ranks as a mid-tier Chinese track, imo.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Pretty sure, yes. SOYL was vintage Appetite. Beggars belief that it wasn't on the album.

Hard School is cool but only ranks as a mid-tier Chinese track, imo.

I liked SOYL as well. I think the guitar and drums on it were redone. HS is definitely better than scraped and Riad. I’d rank it about the same as IRS and a shade better than Shacklers. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arnuld said:

I liked SOYL as well. I think the guitar and drums on it were redone. HS is definitely better than scraped and Riad. I’d rank it about the same as IRS and a shade better than Shacklers. 

So in terms of cd how much input did axl have with the reccrd company with what songs were to make the album and the track listing?.

3 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

So in terms of cd how much input did axl have with the reccrd company with what songs were to make the album and the track listing?.

I would imagine he had full control over that. I don’t think CD had all of the best songs on it. I think it was planned as a two to three part release. Axl said as much in 2002. Apparently the second part was ready to go in 2010 and the record company did not want to release it then because CD had not done as well as they had hoped. In fact Axl was so pissed he went on Twitter and canceled the European tour scheduled for that summer and then changed his mind and claimed he was hacked. I remember I flipped out because I had a trip planned to Paris to see them. 

• Like 1