The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

Where did he lie? Everything he said makes sense and obviously was a lot more to do with the business side.

He's stuttering and stumbling over long world and phrases - because he knows the singer will not record an album but he's been told to never admit that.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

Is there any update on the songwriting credits of Hard Skool? I couldn't find anything on ASCAP or SESAC. 

Digging a bit on Absurd, though, I found interesting this credits with "C/O GUNS N' ROSES MUSIC" for both Slash and Duff publishing companies, when Axl's Black Frog Music is connected to Universal Tunes.

BLACK FROG MUSIC
Additional Info 

C/O UNIVERSAL TUNES

SESAC 345597038
BLOOD MERIDIAN
Additional Info 

C/O GUNS N' ROSES MUSIC

NS 847397685
DIK HAYD MUSIC
Additional Info 

C/O GUNS N' ROSES MUSIC

NS 129579242
LOSINGMYMIND PUBLISHING
Contact Info 

WIXEN MUSIC PUBLISHING, INC
24025 PARK SORRENTO
SUITE # 130
CALABASAS, CA 91302

No, there's isn't anything on Hard Skool writing credits yet. The credits for Absurd were added about three weeks after its release. It may take longer for Hard Skool to be added, because it probably won't appear on ASCAP, since, as it seems, Axl, Slash and Duff will be the only credited writers and none of them is on ASCAP. SESAC (Axl) is not updated regularly (it doesn't even have Absurd yet and on the other GnR songs it still lists Slash and Duff as being on ASCAP, although they have seemingly moved to GMR since 2019). It will likely be added to GMR (Slash, Duff) in a few weeks, but the GMR repertory is not updated regularly either as far as full credits go.

Guns N' Roses Music, Inc. is the publishing company owned by the old GnR partnership. In 2005, after Axl/Black Frog made a publishing deal with Sanctuary (leasing his publishing rights for 20 years), he transferred his publishing for the old GnR catalogue from Guns N' Roses Music to Black Frog (while still claiming rights to Guns N' Roses Music) and also changed his PRO from ASCAP to SESAC, which led to more litigation with Slash and Duff. Then, after Sanctuary went bankrupt, it was bought out by Universal.

Now Slash and Duff have their own publishing companies which are associated with Guns N' Roses Music, Inc. for the GnR songs.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • GNFNR 1

29 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

No, there's isn't anything on Hard Skool writing credits yet. The credits for Absurd were added about three weeks after its release. It may take longer for Hard Skool to be added, because it probably won't appear on ASCAP, since, as it seems, Axl, Slash and Duff will be the only credited writers and none of them is on ASCAP. SESAC (Axl) is not updated regularly (it doesn't even have Absurd yet and on the other GnR songs it still lists Slash and Duff as being on ASCAP, although they have seemingly moved to GMR since 2019). It will likely be added to GMR (Slash, Duff) in a few weeks, but the GMR repertory is not updated regularly either as far as full credits go.

Guns N' Roses Music, Inc. is the publishing company owned by the old GnR partnership. In 2005, after Axl/Black Frog made a publishing deal with Sanctuary (leasing his publishing rights for 20 years), he transferred his publishing for the old GnR catalogue from Guns N' Roses Music to Black Frog (while still claiming rights to Guns N' Roses Music) and also changed his PRO from ASCAP to SESAC, which led to more litigation with Slash and Duff. Then, after Sanctuary went bankrupt, it was bought out by Universal.

Now Slash and Duff have their own publishing companies which are associated with Guns N' Roses Music, Inc. for the GnR songs.

Awesome as always. I'm sorry, but I'll never not be amazed by the amount of useful information you provide daily.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Just thought that Black Frog would be associated to Guns N' Roses Music now. I mean, if the trio would have formed the entity again also for publishing rights.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

Awesome as always. I'm sorry, but I'll never not be amazed by the amount of useful information you provide daily.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Just thought that Black Frog would be associated to Guns N' Roses Music now. I mean, if the trio would have formed the entity again also for publishing rights.

I don't think they could do that (yet), because Axl/Black Frog still has a publishing deal with Universal (Universal Music Publishing). If it's the same 20-year deal Axl originally signed with Sanctuary (which was bought out by Universal later) in 2005, it's until 2025.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Pele said:

Reading Slash's answer to the question on a new GNR album is like when someone asks you a question at a job interview that you don't know the answer to, and you stumble over your words and lie.

Slash also talked about whether Guns N' Roses fans can expect to see new music from the band in the form of standalone singles or as a full-length record. He explained: "I think at the end of the day, everybody wants to have a full album released. I don't think that's really changed all that much. But there's a different way of putting stuff out initially nowadays more so than… I mean, there's always been the single, but now you sort of look at that preliminary release a little bit differently now. All things considered, it's like the Wild West out there; there is no formula for any of it. [Laughs] I haven't seen any routine kind of thing that works. I mean, you can do any one of a million different things to releasing a record. But at the end of the day, I think that we will ultimately release a full album."

Is this Slash saying its gonna be 'drip feed' one song at a time? 13 more years 😂 

Well, we know these dudes have recently perfected the art of answering a question without actually saying anything of substance or giving away basically any details whatsoever. That's one of the first grade seminars one has to attend when working with Mr. Rose! Some perfect it (Slash, "figuring out how to release music"), others not so much ("yes, yes, maybe"). It's basically NDA in music PR practice. 

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I don't think they could do that (yet), because Axl/Black Frog still has a publishing deal with Universal (Universal Music Publishing). If it's the same 20-year deal Axl originally signed with Sanctuary (which was bought out by Universal later) in 2005, it's until 2025.

So you're confirming the new album in 2025 :lol:

16 hours ago, Pele said:

Reading Slash's answer to the question on a new GNR album is like when someone asks you a question at a job interview that you don't know the answer to, and you stumble over your words and lie.

Slash also talked about whether Guns N' Roses fans can expect to see new music from the band in the form of standalone singles or as a full-length record. He explained: "I think at the end of the day, everybody wants to have a full album released. I don't think that's really changed all that much. But there's a different way of putting stuff out initially nowadays more so than… I mean, there's always been the single, but now you sort of look at that preliminary release a little bit differently now. All things considered, it's like the Wild West out there; there is no formula for any of it. [Laughs] I haven't seen any routine kind of thing that works. I mean, you can do any one of a million different things to releasing a record. But at the end of the day, I think that we will ultimately release a full album."

I love it- reminds me of Michael Scott's secret of his success (apologies in advance if posting Youtube vids is a no-no)

• Haha 2

Just a reminder: This Slash interview is from 2019. And, judging from what eventually happened in regards to how they went with releasing what they have so far, it really seems that they were really thinking about different options of releasing stuff. So Slash knew very well what was talking about.

• Like 1

The HS EP are set for release in february next year.. Slash releasing his new album soon... This band is a circus ffs. 

I doubt we ever see a full length album again.. hope I'm wrong. 

Always this stupid talk about how they don't know how to release the album haha! Slash have released several records without any problems, so how come it's such a complicated thing with GN'R? Sometimes it feels like Slash just releases his own music instead of waiting for Axl and TB.

As many already said before, they should've released a NEW album in 2018, when the momentum from 16-17 was there. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jakey Styley said:

Slash is terrified of Axl.

I mean, tbf, it's like handling 59yr old, damaged dynamite.

I still remember the comments Baz made about the album release suggestion and Axl kinda blowing up, very sarcastically and the phrase someone else made; "Axl is still a very combustable character" or something along those lines.

You get the feeling there's a limit to which they're willing to push. At the end of the day, Slash is making fucking millions of dollars, playing to huge crowds and churning out his own music with Myles. Why would he rock the boat?

• Like 4

Slash discussed how you used to just do the single before the album but now things are different and are rolled out differently prior to an album and that they were looking at all that. That part happened.

He also said ultimately they want to do an album. He's been correct so far. Don't see a reason to doubt what he's saying. Same with Fernando over last 1-2 years, almost everything he has said has come to be true - he's just vague at times just like Slash.

1 hour ago, Axl S said:

Slash discussed how you used to just do the single before the album but now things are different and are rolled out differently prior to an album and that they were looking at all that. That part happened.

He also said ultimately they want to do an album. He's been correct so far. Don't see a reason to doubt what he's saying. Same with Fernando over last 1-2 years, almost everything he has said has come to be true - he's just vague at times just like Slash.

axl-rose.gif

6 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Just a reminder: This Slash interview is from 2019. And, judging from what eventually happened in regards to how they went with releasing what they have so far, it really seems that they were really thinking about different options of releasing stuff. So Slash knew very well what was talking about.

That's what I think too, he wasn't lying or trying to make stuff up. They really were trying to figure out how to release stuff.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, WhazUp said:

Dude that is just the way Slash talks :lol:

When they asked if there was going to be a new Miles Kennedy album, he said yes, told them exactly how many new songs they were working on and when they were recording.

8 hours ago, Blackstar said:

No.  He knew he had to tease the vague possibility of a new album, knowing that Rose was unlikely to deliver, so we got a deliberate jumbled up load of nonsense.

When asked of there is a new SMKC on the horizon, he said "yes, we've worked on 20 new songs"

5 minutes ago, Pele said:

No.  He knew he had to tease the vague possibility of a new album, knowing that Rose was unlikely to deliver, so we got a deliberate jumbled up load of nonsense.

Oh, okay. So you have an "insider" in Slash's head, too.

10 minutes ago, Pele said:

When asked of there is a new SMKC on the horizon, he said "yes, we've worked on 20 new songs"

That was in another interview, a year later. And after he said that about SMKC, he also said that he expected some new stuff from both camps (GnR and SMKC) to come out in 2021. And that's what happened.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

On any new album I’d hope that the majority of It would be of a more ‘epic’ style with a couple of straightforward rockers thrown in.

The beauty of differing opinions! I've heard enough of Axl's piano epics to last me a lifetime!!! Give me some heavy brutal sleazy riffage any day over mid tempo, piano led, orchestral soaked, self reflective songs with whinny lyrics about ex-girlfriends from the early 90s! 

• Like 2