The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

55 minutes ago, Lio said:

Oh, I missed this new insider. I don't mind him. I'm sure no one's getting their hopes up and there's no gnr news anyway, so we might at least be entertained by reading a review about made up songs (probably).

The only thing I found disappointing about it was it wasn't a double album.  Really, after all this time?

No idea if it's true.  But I'd be seriously disappointed in us if we don't get this information before the band announces it.  :lol:  

14 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I think my favorite part of all of this horseshit is the 2023/2024 claim. 

We're all familiar with the faux insider bit but for anyone looking to get in the game, here's a step by step guide on how to get started:

-Make a new/second/third account on the forum

-Post claims/"insider info" with absolutely no source whatsoever. 

-Make sure to give yourself plenty of lead time between now and the time that your claims are supposed to come true. 

-Post "plans changed" or something similar when none of your bullshit claims ever come true. 

-Double and/or triple down on your BS as often as possible to ensure maximum attention for yourself. 

-Remind people continually that you don't care if anyone believes you even though the only reason you started this whole process is because you really need attention. 

Our new friend has really gone above and beyond with the 3rd point here. I'd recommend new "insiders" cut that down a bit. Maybe make it 6 months to 1 year. There's always a chance you'll forget the PW for your new/fake account before you finally get to tell everyone that plan changed.

Hey Russ.  Since you were an admin maybe you can answer this question. Why do people feel the need to think that they are an insider?  We are all anonymous on here. I just don't  get why people have this psychological need to claim to be an insider when they are not. I'm a HUGE GNR fan and it's a part of my life/personality, but still there are other things that I'm occupied with.  I just don't get it. 

7 hours ago, Draguns said:

Hey Russ.  Since you were an admin maybe you can answer this question. Why do people feel the need to think that they are an insider?  We are all anonymous on here. I just don't  get why people have this psychological need to claim to be an insider when they are not. I'm a HUGE GNR fan and it's a part of my life/personality, but still there are other things that I'm occupied with.  I just don't get it. 

Attention.

These people's opinions are largely ignored in real life, so they create characters online for attention.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Draguns said:

All I can say is: I have absolutely no idea. I first started poking around GN'R forums in the year 2002 and the fake insider bit has been a mainstay even since I can remember. 

It wouldn't be a problem if GN'R was anywhere near as productive as they could be, but it is what it is. For whatever reason, a lot of people seem to link their self worth to being perceived as an insider in the GN'R world. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

All I can say is: I have absolutely no idea. I first started poking around GN'R forums in the year 2002 and the fake insider bit has been a mainstay even since I can remember. 

It wouldn't be a problem if GN'R was anywhere near as productive as they could be, but it is what it is. For whatever reason, a lot of people seem to link their self worth to being perceived as an insider in the GN'R world. 

It's mainly attention.  Obsessive fans who are ignored in real life can be anything they want online.

The craziest thing about this, is that the original and ultimate 'insider' was behaving with Beta's blessing.  It was a 'character' designed to stop the spread of lies and misinformation, and defend Axl's honor online, with Beta's approval (from way before 'Team Brazil' was a thing and she was just working as Rose's PA/personal manager).

It was a different approach back then, no info/lyrics/tracks/release dates were given, but everything was typed in a way to look like it was Rose himself.

The guy went too far and started claiming to be Axl in PMs, and started stalking, harassing and doxxing and was later removed from all forums (apart from the official one, where he still has protection).

With this in mind, it's interesting going back and reading through the old posts/exchanges/arguments.

39 minutes ago, Pele said:

It's mainly attention.  Obsessive fans who are ignored in real life can be anything they want online.

The craziest thing about this, is that the original and ultimate 'insider' was behaving with Beta's blessing.  It was a 'character' designed to stop the spread of lies and misinformation, and defend Axl's honor online, with Beta's approval (from way before 'Team Brazil' was a thing and she was just working as Rose's PA/personal manager).

It was a different approach back then, no info/lyrics/tracks/release dates were given, but everything was typed in a way to look like it was Rose himself.

The guy went too far and started claiming to be Axl in PMs, and started stalking, harassing and doxxing and was later removed from all forums (apart from the official one, where he still has protection).

With this in mind, it's interesting going back and reading through the old posts/exchanges/arguments.

Please stop posting about this.  Not every topic needs to be directed to the same individual.

Find something else to fixate on.  Thanks.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Draguns said:

Because people want to feel important or valued; that they matter.  

They're not getting it in other areas of their lives, so they invent or exaggerate their online personas to feel special. 

The rest of us don't confuse our GNR fandom with the need to be involved in the project.  The highs and lows of GNR's career aren't felt as personally to us as they are with others.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

Why does only gnr attract this kind of behaviour. I just can't imagine a grown man typing a pretend review. Kidding no one. So what's the motive. It's so weird and sad. 

Saw the same weird stuff a while ago on reddit.

My guess is some kind of mental issue.

Or just some kid. With mental issues.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

Why does only gnr attract this kind of behaviour. I just can't imagine a grown man typing a pretend review. Kidding no one. So what's the motive. It's so weird and sad. 

Not only GNR.

But then, why does the son of a sound mixer come on a board to say how excited he is his dad got a job with GNR and gets attacked as being a liar?

You can watch out for wolves but be sure you have one before you join the crowd repeating what they heard but didn't see.

1 hour ago, cineater said:

Not only GNR.

But then, why does the son of a sound mixer come on a board to say how excited he is his dad got a job with GNR and gets attacked as being a liar?

You can watch out for wolves but be sure you have one before you join the crowd repeating what they heard but didn't see.

I'm not surprised you're here, you publicly support GNR's ultimate fantasist!

2 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

The total lack of action from GNR over many years has fueled it would be my view. Combine that with the lack of official information about the few things they do and you've got a nice little vacuum that can be filled by very peculiar people looking to create some importance to their life. 

Other bands don't really get it as there isn't any room for it- they do stuff, say what they're doing, issue press releases, do interviews etc.