08/19/21 - Los Angeles, CA - Banc of California Stadium

alfierose

44 minutes ago, adamsapple said:
  • covid
  • ticket prices
  • novelty of reunion worn off by now
  • more or less the same songs in the same order for five years
  • no new music (average Joe probably won't get too excited about Absmurf)
  • Axl being very hit and miss for the first ten shows
  • not enough promotion by the band
  • horrible soundmix on NITL selects on YouTube = not the best business card for the band
  • lame opening acts (Wolfgang is great, but he is currently not performing with his band due to covid)

They will never sell out 70.000 on their own anymore as long as they operate like they do now.

Maybe if they'd co-headline with a band like Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, Metallica or AC/DC, but not on their own. GNR would need one of those bands to really pack a stadium, but those bands don't need GNR to pack one.

Agree on all your points...

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I'm *slightly* leaning towards heading over to see Chicago. I had way more fun than expected in Detroit last week. 

As I've already mentioned privately, I am also considering Chicago myself now, even after the Hershey gig. I said I was done giving the band money until they gave us new music...and they gave us new music immediately :shrugs: For me it'll come down to whether or not ticket prices come down for that gig. I'll already be in Chicago for Riot Fest, so if I can score some cheap seats when I don't have to travel just for GN'R, then why not?

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

As I've already mentioned privately, I am also considering Chicago myself now, even after the Hershey gig. I said I was done giving the band money until they gave us new music...and they gave us new music immediately :shrugs: For me it'll come down to whether or not ticket prices come down for that gig. I'll already be in Chicago for Riot Fest, so if I can score some cheap seats when I don't have to travel just for GN'R, then why not?

Fuck… now I wanna go

• ABSUЯD 1

For those going tonight hope u have fun.If u are looking for a spot to grab a bite and or a drink ,the fields right next door is a cool spot.You’ll literally be at the stadium entrance in a minute.Haven’t been there since covid so I’m not 100 percent sure they are open but since most restaurants and bars are now would assume they are as well

2 minutes ago, gt72 said:

For those going tonight hope u have fun.If u are looking for a spot to grab a bite and or a drink ,the fields right next door is a cool spot.You’ll literally be at the stadium entrance in a minute.Haven’t been there since covid so I’m not 100 percent sure they are open but since most restaurants and bars are now would assume they are as well

Never mind.I checked online they are permanently closed.Another covid casualty 

• Sad 1

I got stuck working on a business deal that has to close tomorrow, so I'm a incredibly frustrated and involuntary no-show tonight.  Sending love to my GN'R LA family and hope everyone has a f'n' awesome and amazing time tonight.

Fingers crossed for HS and other special surprises tonight.  Feel a little sad that because the band is so poorly managed, it will all feel a little bit anti-climatic at this point with the diminishing interest of fans.  There have been countless times over the past 5 years to make these opportunities so much bigger and meaningful to broader base of fans who were simply there for the taking.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Iron Maiden released their 2nd single today, exactly 1 month and 4 days after the 1st one.

That would put the potential Hard Skool release somewhere between the Indianapolis, Atlantic City or Chicago dates.

Yes but Iron Maiden are professional, know what they're doing and don't seem to regard their fans as enemies....so probably not a good comparison! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1