This band fucking needs something and he would certainly bring a spark atleast... I would love ot see him back in the mix.. I think he is kind of a douche but who cares.. He has proven chemistry with Slash and Duff and I am certain he would help elevate their performace to some extent. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Matt is the 2nd worst "GNR drummer" after Frank IMO. Obviously he's not a bad drummer but he's really not the best fit, either. If they were ever gonna bring back an old drummer for more than a one-off or small run of shows, Brain would be the best choice (assuming Steven couldn't do a full-length tour).

Steven > Brain > Matt > Frank

If Josh counts, he's between Brain and Matt.

+1

• Like 1

On 12/12/2020 at 4:50 PM, Tourettes2400 said:

I like him as a drummer, but after reading that book, and seeing what a douchebag he is, I would not think Axl would ever even consider having him back.

I agree. Reading his book gave me an unpleasant insight into Matt. I couldn’t imagine any of those guys wanting him back in a band. 

Matt's a great drummer. UYI records won't be the same without him.
But his ego is the biggest problem. Had he join the NITL tours, the band would implode in a year or 2. I'd prefer Steven playing AFD tracks and Brain or Josh Freese playing the rest. But I think the band is contented with Frank.

5 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

Matt's a great drummer. UYI records won't be the same without him.
But his ego is the biggest problem. Had he join the NITL tours, the band would implode in a year or 2. I'd prefer Steven playing AFD tracks and Brain or Josh Freese playing the rest. But I think the band is contented with Frank.

Maybe the band wouldn’t implode, but it would definitely stir some shit in the background. And if this band needs anything, it’s stirring some shit in the background. To dismantle the staleness. I can imagine Matt having a problem with TB or at least Merchnando sooner or later. That could sort of activate Slash and Duff in terms of doing something regarding the PR, releases etc. Just being more involved. Matt actually could be the fresh breeze they desperately need. 

By the way, as for music, the comparisons are nonsensical, of course. Steven was the best for the AfD/Lies era, Matt for the UYI era, and Brain for the CD era. I can’t really assess Josh or anyone else on the basis of just some studio demo work. 
Would I like Matt Sorum back? You can bet your ass I would. I always have. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Pretty sure when Hawkins was asked to join GNR in early 2000s Roger Taylor advised him against it.

Oh right, forgot about that story.

6 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

He would've left soon afterwards for lack of activity aside from touring.

Yeah probably, so it wouldn't have mattered.

5 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I agree. Reading his book gave me an unpleasant insight into Matt. I couldn’t imagine any of those guys wanting him back in a band. 

I mean Slash and Duff did things that were just as bad as Matt, they just didn't write about all of it in their books.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Oh right, forgot about that story.

Yeah probably, so it wouldn't have mattered.

I mean Slash and Duff did things that were just as bad as Matt, they just didn't write about all of it in their books.

It’s Matt’s lack of self awareness, not his actions that is tasteless. I love his contributions, but he is obnoxious. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jamillos said:

Maybe the band wouldn’t implode, but it would definitely stir some shit in the background. And if this band needs anything, it’s stirring some shit in the background. To dismantle the staleness. I can imagine Matt having a problem with TB or at least Merchnando sooner or later. That could sort of activate Slash and Duff in terms of doing something regarding the PR, releases etc. Just being more involved. Matt actually could be the fresh breeze they desperately need. 

By the way, as for music, the comparisons are nonsensical, of course. Steven was the best for the AfD/Lies era, Matt for the UYI era, and Brain for the CD era. I can’t really assess Josh or anyone else on the basis of just some studio demo work. 
Would I like Matt Sorum back? You can bet your ass I would. I always have. 

Probably that. But I think even Slash and Duff can't stand him. Maybe Duff can. But I haven't seen Slash invite Matt in his solo records after the first Snakepit. 

Matt has a bossy attitude and that would be a major problem with Axl.