North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

11 hours ago, Stryker said:

Personally, I don’t think an album factors in at all. You may be right about not wanting to do scattered dates though. I guess only time will tell.

Yah, album has nothing to do with it.  This tour was planned before without an album being a factor.  The decision is probably largely out of GnR's hands to be honest.  They are on contract for tour dates with LiveNation.  If LiveNation says this tour is going, then it will go.  If not, they'll reschedule to next year. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Still don't believe it and won't until it's confirmed on official GNR social media.

What’s there to believe? It’s the official Festival account posting the lineup. GnR isn’t exactly known for their responsive social media.

This is 100% official my man.

edit: are you referring to the tour as a whole? Then ya; this new date doesn’t confirm the others are happening.

Edited by Stryker

8 minutes ago, Stryker said:

What’s their to believe? It’s the official Festival account posting the lineup. GnR isn’t exactly known for their responsive social media.

This is 100% official my man.

I stand corrected. I wonder if they are booking new shows like this to compensate for the dates that are still going to be missed.

So the tour is kicking off in DC? We are 100% sure Wisconsin will still be in lockdown?

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave

Just now, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I stand corrected. I wonder if they are booking new shows to compensate for the dates that are still going to be missed.

So the tour is kicking off in DC? We are 100% sure Wisconsin will still be in lockdown?

Wisconsin show is part of a larger festival called Summerfest. It’s a big deal in Milwaukee. That entire festival was moved to September. GnR hasn’t updated their site, and the fest hasn’t announced a new date for them; so it’s assumed it will get moved...either to September or 2022.

• Thanks 1

I don't know why everyone is so convinced they won't be touring. They are playing the festival above.  They already announced the new Boston date for this August.  Other bands like the Black Crowes have announced that their tour is starting in July and shuffled around some shows to the fall. Alice Cooper just announced a fall tour.  

2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I just don't care about GNR anymore. I'd go to a show to hear the songs and have a night out like any other casual. They're pushing 60 at this point and are just nostalgia dinosaurs 🦕 🦖

And you’re here for what?

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

2 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Now that it looks like the US shows will happen... how are they selling? Is there any more interest than there was in early 2020?

Most shows are difficult to determine as they’re hosted on MLB.com, but the Ticketmaster ones look fairly weak. I’d imagine interest has gone up, but not substantially.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Now that it looks like the US shows will happen... how are they selling? Is there any more interest than there was in early 2020?

Hard to tell, Ticketmaster is playing their typical games with not releasing all available tickets for sale on Ticketmaster.  I know for the Indy show b/c i've been checking for possible upgrades and it looks like all the same seats are available and then there are aisle seats in some 100 level sections available (like all aisle seats up and down the whole section), but then all the rest of the section isn't available.  Those tickets have never been available or sold. 

There's a ton of shows going on sale this week and next with lots of promotion, I'm not sure a lot of people realize GnR seems to still be on schedule for this summer. 

As it is right now I don't see an uptick in sales occurring naturally. It's going to take money in promotion and the band will have to become more visible. I'd suggest a few TV appearances (Kimmel, Colbert, playing Jungle or Sweet Child as a musical guest, that sort of thing). I know Axl has an aversion to interviews unless the topics are strictly controlled, so I don't see the band doing Stern, but it wouldn't be a bad way to get attention. Bottom line is more people need to know GnR is touring this summer. The Metlife show is selling very poorly and that's the #1 market in the country.