North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Tomorrow is the sale day for the Dallas concert. I really was hoping GNR would have waited until next year, but I gotta go. I will wear a mask even though I'm vaccinated. Not sure how the venue willl handle it. I can't not see GNR. The month after I have KISS. This should be the concerts for this year.

I still don't feel totally safe going out to huge concerts, but what can I do? Just hope my mom, brother and I are okay after these concerts.

Seems like some bands postponed until 2022 (Crue) or are touring in the fall. Hopefully all will be okay so we feel comfortable enough to rock out for 3 hours or more.

The tickets for Dallas seem high like the last time GNR was here. Floor seats are nuts, but I usually like to sit in the 100 level. Guess I'll see what I get tomorrow.

Yeah, sometimes waiting until the day of you can the best tickets, but I can't wait that long. lol

As long as GNR come to Dallas I will be there!  Never get tired of hearing any GNR songs over and over again. This band rocks.

Simple - don't go. You're talking about being paranoid being in a crowd so soon after the pandemic, which is fair - I'm not here to judge. But you want to spend hundreds of dollars to go to a gig that if you're as worried as you say you are will impact your enjoyment levels to see a show that's likely to be at least 95% the same as the last time you saw them. You do you and I'm not saying you should skip the gig if the pros outweigh the cons, but what you've just described basically sounds like a case of Stockholm Syndrome; "yeah, I'm really worried about catching this virus so soon after restrictions have lifted but what am I supposed to do - not go?"

49 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

These shows would sell better if the floor was all standing. Like in Europe.

Seats on the floor at $350-$450 is outrageous

Never underestimate American's desire of laziness. It's not uncommon to see people in the first five rows on the floor sitting during this type of gig if it's all seated. I much prefer all-standing gigs too, but the general mindset just is not the same as in Europe. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Stryker said:

I think there are plenty of people who want a new show, but also find the same show/experience enjoyable enough to justify the price tag. 

I’ve seen them over a dozen times but I still haven’t seen them play TWAT, Prostitute or Loco. I’m willing to keep rolling the dice.

Yep, fair enough if that's what they want to do. 

3 hours ago, ThePreacher said:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/guns-n-roses-november-rain-2020-live-1177249/

Well, they deserve this kind of articles more

"For these keeping track, this is essentially the same reunion tour that launched back in 2016 and has already grossed more than half a billion dollars."

Amazingly, many of the stadiums they’re hitting this summer are the same ones they hit in 2016.

And since that time, they’ve released 0.0 seconds of new music. They have changed up the set list a bit, adding in deep cuts like “Locomotive,” “Dead Horse,” and “Shadow of Your Love” along with covers like “Wichita Lineman,” “Black Hole Sun,” and even “Slither” by Velvet Revolver. But the bulk of the set is built around their hits and they never leave the stage without playing every single one of them.

This is what they do when the band doesn’t give them access. Totally see through bullshit. Then they praise the shit out of them when it benefits them.

7 hours ago, RussTCB said:

😂

So let me get this straight:

if GN'R tours and it's successful, then the people get to point out how popular GN'R is. 

But if ticket sales are so dismal that they had to reduce the tour to arenas, then fans should just shut up and he happy they're touring at all? 

I'm curious where the ridiculous "they had to do arenas last time because it was cold in one part of the US" agurment stands now too, seeing as it's hot all over the US for the coming months, yet they're doing a lot of arenas. 

Also, I don't know any fans or forum members who are "worried" about whether a GN'R tour fails financially or not. The only thing I know of is fans disappointed that a band they want to love keeps giving them nothing but the absolute bare minimum. 

As if playing Arenas is embarrassing. 

6 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I am no GNR defender, but aren't site maps pretty misleading? I remember we were all freaking out in 2016 because of empty seats. The Detroit show looked like it would have no one there then come show time it was pretty packed. A few shows had an undersold upper-bowl but it wasn't anything too bad from what I remember. Ticketmaster/Live Nation plays shitty games now where they withhold blocks and sections, resell tickets under the guise of "premium seats", some go straight to third party sites and corporate shit, etc. I'm not saying GNR is bombing, it just seems a bit like dejavu to me. Either way, I am going to buy tickets the day of the show or so like I did in 2017. They played an arena last time they were in Detroit and cheaper seats were hard to come by until the week of the show they released more. Go figure.

The same thing happen to me in Tulsa in 2017. Two days before the show lower bowl seats right next to stage were on sale for 100$. 

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Of course it's not, but that wasn't the argument being presented on either side. 

I missed the point of the argument. The venues they are playing are baseball stadiums, which hold 30-40k less people than NFL stadiums. My point in saying that is it’s not crazy to think the band can sale tickets to these venues. Wrigley and Fenway will have no issues selling tickets. There is no evidence to support the band had to book arenas because of poor sales. The Arlington baseball park is booked on September 1st, so maybe the band just couldn’t book that venue. 

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

Simple - don't go. You're talking about being paranoid being in a crowd so soon after the pandemic, which is fair - I'm not here to judge. But you want to spend hundreds of dollars to go to a gig that if you're as worried as you say you are will impact your enjoyment levels to see a show that's likely to be at least 95% the same as the last time you saw them. You do you and I'm not saying you should skip the gig if the pros outweigh the cons, but what you've just described basically sounds like a case of Stockholm Syndrome; "yeah, I'm really worried about catching this virus so soon after restrictions have lifted but what am I supposed to do - not go?"

Never underestimate American's desire of laziness. It's not uncommon to see people in the first five rows on the floor sitting during this type of gig if it's all seated. I much prefer all-standing gigs too, but the general mindset just is not the same as in Europe. 

I would hold off on stereotyping Americans.  For me, I cannot go to an all standing gig due to my disability. I have to go to venues where I can sit and stand.  If I stand for an entire concert, I have trouble walking the next day. At this age, I don't have the time anymore to wait for my legs to recuperate. Just some food for thought there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ixtlan said:

I missed the point of the argument. The venues they are playing are baseball stadiums, which hold 30-40k less people than NFL stadiums. My point in saying that is it’s not crazy to think the band can sale tickets to these venues. Wrigley and Fenway will have no issues selling tickets. There is no evidence to support the band had to book arenas because of poor sales. The Arlington baseball park is booked on September 1st, so maybe the band just couldn’t book that venue. 

That's definitely it. It's not the whether like was suggested last week and it's certainly not lack of demand for tickets. It's just that the baseball stadium in some markets wasn't available on the date they needed. So I'd assume those arena shows will sell out lightning quick and several dates will be added for those cities seeing as there's so much demand for GN'R in those markets. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Draguns said:

I would hold off on stereotyping Americans.  For me, I cannot go to an all standing gig due to my disability. I have to go to venues where I can sit and stand.  If I stand for an entire concert, I have trouble walking the next day. At this age, I don't have the time anymore to wait for my legs to recuperate. Just some food for thought there. 

I don't enjoy standing at concerts for long periods either, I'd rather be comfortable, and listening to my favorite band that way, like seeing a highly anticipated movie at the theatre. 

27 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

That's definitely it. It's not the whether like was suggested last week and it's certainly not lack of demand for tickets. It's just that the baseball stadium in some markets wasn't available on the date they needed. So I'd assume those arena shows will sell out lightning quick and several dates will be added for those cities seeing as there's so much demand for GN'R in those markets. 

You are being unnecessarily aggressive. 

30 minutes ago, Draguns said:

You know you can purchase ADA seating. Wrigley even has an ADA section in front of the PIT that comes with a folding chair. I’ll be in that section. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ixtlan said:

And other than the football stadiums in New York or LA, when they played football stadiums in other markets, they blocked off entire upper levels....GnR have never been able to sell out stadiums anywhere other than the biggest handful of markets in the States (since the reformation or whatever we are calling this incarnation of the band).

Edited by tsinindy
  • GNFNR 1

39 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Just so we're clear, I'm only going for 2 reasons: to see Mammoth WVH (ft Frankie) and for Slash (hopefully he'll be full of energy again after having all this time off from touring).

Slash is my main reason too. But I want to see him in Guns. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ixtlan said:

You know you can purchase ADA seating. Wrigley even has an ADA section in front of the PIT that comes with a folding chair. I’ll be in that section. 

Interesting. I know MetLife has ADA sections, but not sure where.  I don't think there is an ADA section for the PIT, but not sure. 

51 minutes ago, Draguns said:

Interesting. I know MetLife has ADA sections, but not sure where.  I don't think there is an ADA section for the PIT, but not sure. 

Click filters, then scan down to accessibility and slide that over and click apply filters. It will show you what tickets are available. 

44 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

First off, not trying to shame anyone who is physically unable to stand for long periods of time - of course there are people out there who have medical issues which do not allow them to stand, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. But of course there will be people in the crowd with the same situation in Europe, or anywhere else in the world for that matter. 

Second, I make those comments as an American who regularly travels internationally for gigs. I've been to well over a hundred concerts outside North America in my life, across five different continents. I can tell you, without any shadow of doubt, the US has the most uninterested, disengaged, and frankly boring crowds of anywhere in the world and there's not even a close second. I'm not a European saying "oh, typical stupid Americans". The fact of the matter is you go anywhere else in the world, and there's this...energy you don't get in the US; everyone wants to be a part of the show, everyone is in the moment, and there's this excitement in the air that you just don't get in the US. There's some places that have stood out more than others as far as the crowd energy goes; Chile, Mexico, Italy, Poland, and all of the Nordics spring to mind, but even a dull crowd by European standards - let's go with Switzerland just for the sake of argument, is still leagues ahead of an exciting crowd by US standards. And that energy you get elsewhere lends itself better to all-standing gigs than the energy in the US. Everyone is moving, jumping, having a good time, and sometimes it really can be tough to hold down your spot on the barrier at the front of a standing crowd. But in the US people just...stand there most of the time. It's just not the same. So yeah, I do get it when bands do seated floor gigs in the US, it's just more in line with the concert culture over here. 

Let me put it like this - the roughest gig I've ever been to was a Maiden gig with Slayer opening in Poland in 2014. After Slayer's set, I had a guy who was jacked up on PCP pick me up by the throat, feet off the ground, to try and get my spot on the barrier. I ended up having to elbow the guy in the face until he let go because the security weren't doing anything about it. Even besides that, my torso was completely bruised for a week afterwards just from the constant crush all night. I'll take a gig like that any day of the week over one in the US where people are standing in the front of the standing section with their arms crossed or their phones constantly out, and throwing a hissy fit if you accidentally lean on them or bump into them. Which I have literally had happen. 

I’m curious how old are you? And I agree with you. I’ve never seen a show outside the US, but I have watched plenty of bootlegs from various bands and European audiences are much more lively than the US. 

48 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

First off, not trying to shame anyone who is physically unable to stand for long periods of time - of course there are people out there who have medical issues which do not allow them to stand, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. But of course there will be people in the crowd with the same situation in Europe, or anywhere else in the world for that matter. 

Second, I make those comments as an American who regularly travels internationally for gigs. I've been to well over a hundred concerts outside North America in my life, across five different continents. I can tell you, without any shadow of doubt, the US has the most uninterested, disengaged, and frankly boring crowds of anywhere in the world and there's not even a close second. I'm not a European saying "oh, typical stupid Americans". The fact of the matter is you go anywhere else in the world, and there's this...energy you don't get in the US; everyone wants to be a part of the show, everyone is in the moment, and there's this excitement in the air that you just don't get in the US. There's some places that have stood out more than others as far as the crowd energy goes; Chile, Mexico, Italy, Poland, and all of the Nordics spring to mind, but even a dull crowd by European standards - let's go with Switzerland just for the sake of argument, is still leagues ahead of an exciting crowd by US standards. And that energy you get elsewhere lends itself better to all-standing gigs than the energy in the US. Everyone is moving, jumping, having a good time, and sometimes it really can be tough to hold down your spot on the barrier at the front of a standing crowd. But in the US people just...stand there most of the time. It's just not the same. So yeah, I do get it when bands do seated floor gigs in the US, it's just more in line with the concert culture over here. 

Let me put it like this - the roughest gig I've ever been to was a Maiden gig with Slayer opening in Poland in 2014. After Slayer's set, I had a guy who was jacked up on PCP pick me up by the throat, feet off the ground, to try and get my spot on the barrier. I ended up having to elbow the guy in the face until he let go because the security weren't doing anything about it. Even besides that, my torso was completely bruised for a week afterwards just from the constant crush all night. I'll take a gig like that any day of the week over one in the US where people are standing in the front of the standing section with their arms crossed or their phones constantly out, and throwing a hissy fit if you accidentally lean on them or bump into them. Which I have literally had happen. 

Ok. I'm cool with that!  PCP?! Wow! Now that's an interesting story that you had with the PCP guy. 

I heard previously that European and South American crowds are much more exciting. I've been to Europe but never for a concert. 

12 minutes ago, Ixtlan said:

Click filters, then scan down to accessibility and slide that over and click apply filters. It will show you what tickets are available. 

ok. That'll be good to know for the future. I already have my tickets. I'm in the area where I usually sit for NY Giants games. It's mid level. You can see everything from there. I like it!

4 hours ago, Ixtlan said:

As if playing Arenas is embarrassing. 

No shame in arena shows whatsoever - but just from me perspective arena shows that stem from needing to downgrade the stadium shows even post-COVID where everyone is eager to see live shows again, mostly stemming from a lack of new material and the same old same old since 2016?  Definitely disappointing as a fan of this band and wishing they would be at the top of their game

Edited by WhazUp

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

That's really interesting, @Powerage5, and you certainly have the experience to know what you are talking about.

Leads me to wonder why it is like that. Why is the energy levels lower in the US? Do they go to gigs more frequently than other people so it becomes more of a mundane things whereas to the rest of the world it is a proper event?

According to Guns N' Roses news on Facebook:

Guns N ' Roses should play unreleased music next tour

After being rehearsed and part of the alternative songs on the setlist of the last shows before the pandemic, anyway, Hard School should be performed live. According to a news source, this would be the band's big news on the new tour starting July 31 in Hershey. In the next few weeks, members are reunited again to begin rehearsals and there's already an agreement to use the song that should be added along the tour, as at the beginning after a good time away from the stage the band should perform a safest setlist

Our source also ensures that the band is motivated and anxious to return to the stage, it's a similar feeling to what happened at the beginning of the meeting.

Not sure what their history on leaks is like, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to guess Hard School may be played...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Reasons like this are why I visit this board so little.  The constant negativity is just so draining.  You win, you clearly know more than live nation, the promoters, the people who book shows at the venues, anybody associated with the band. Congratulations.  

It's really a shame this is the most active GnR board out there because it's absolutely the most draining.  The constant cloud of negativity hanging over this place just gets so tiring so quickly.  It's just sad because this place has an active community and it should be fun to come here and talk about the band and the tour and whatnot, but it's just so draining because of arguments like this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1