North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

Just now, Tom2112 said:

I'd say it's purely down to schedule, the payment for these shows is agreed, if the sales are poor that doesn't reflect on GNRs pay, that burden falls on the promoter. 

Smashing Pumkins aren't really going to move the needle when it comes to filling that stadium, not sure what band would though tbh outside of a huge band like Def leppard or something.

True - just wondered if perhaps the promoters cut their losses? Wild speculation on my front really. 

I'm still at a loss to explain why they booked stadiums 5/6 years into an ongoing tour that had seen them move down to Arenas. That decision always defied logic, in my humble opinion! 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

True - just wondered if perhaps the promoters cut their losses? Wild speculation on my front really. 

I'm still at a loss to explain why they booked stadiums 5/6 years into an ongoing tour that had seen them move down to Arenas. That decision always defied logic, in my humble opinion! 

Don't even try to make sense of that move!! 😄 I'm guessing that Axl wanted to stay in stadiums, just like when he was on about the US tour in 2011, suggesting that industry was trying to force GNR into smaller buildings even though they could sell them out. Wild speculation on my part too, but I can't see him wanting to go back down to arenas now.

I think the sales of those shows now compared to what they were are going to be, will be fairly different. Those shows are going to do pretty well (not full sell outs though) because people want to go to shows. I don't think the promoter gets to boot bands off the bill either, think that would be be GNRs call.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Nickelback :)

Yeah they'd be a good call! I don't like them but I watched their stream from RIR and they were fucking class!! Only problem with them is they'd probably steal the show... and they'd cost a lot more than the Smashing Pumkins.

10 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Yeah they'd be a good call! I don't like them but I watched their stream from RIR and they were fucking class!! Only problem with them is they'd probably steal the show... and they'd cost a lot more than the Smashing Pumkins.

When you think about it, this is a great opportunity for any band to get on a major ticket for the first round of shows in the US (should they proceed).

I’d imagine bands are fighting for the primo venues since no one has toured in 15+ months. Hopefully GnR can snag an exciting opener.

17 minutes ago, Stryker said:

When you think about it, this is a great opportunity for any band to get on a major ticket for the first round of shows in the US (should they proceed).

I’d imagine bands are fighting for the primo venues since no one has toured in 15+ months. Hopefully GnR can snag an exciting opener.

They could just do 'An evening with' show. 3hrs of music is enough for most people! I guess it's expected at stadium level that you get a support though. Seems like these shows are going ahead, i just hope they are good! I'm not going but it would be a great boost to the forum if the band was on fire again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I saw them at their first stadium show opening for The Who in Grand Rapids Michigan a year or two ago. They were better than The Who. 

They sounded like early GN'R. 

I've seen them twice now (opening for SMKC and a small headline show the following year); seeing them again next month.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Original said:

Minneapolis (Target Field) is going 100% July 5th.  Guns are scheduled for July 16th, so I gotta think it's gonna happen as long as the tour is still a go.

https://www.fox9.com/news/twins-will-host-100-capacity-at-target-field-starting-july-5

The venue already said it was getting pushed in an article. Hope they manage to change that.

5 minutes ago, Stryker said:

The venue already said it was getting pushed in an article. Hope they manage to change that.

I know, I posted that article a while back but guessing/hoping that may have been fake news.  

• Haha 1

On 5/12/2021 at 10:15 AM, allwaystired said:

Baseball stadiums don’t hold the same amount of fans as football stadiums could be one reason. Maybe the promoters thought people would like to see GNR is a baseball stadium as a novelty of sorts. And then there was the Crue tour which was scheduled for baseball stadiums, so maybe other promoters thought it a good idea for GNR to go for it as well. Still, after years of the same tour and nothing new to promote it is an odd idea. I suppose the band knows time is not on their side and is milking it. I mean Axl is 60. I never thought Axl would be performing at 60. His style of singing and performance don’t match 60.

• Like 1

CDC published new guidance stating the vaccinated can go maskless and no social distance, indoor or outdoor. 

Honestly, I think this tour is happening. Perhaps you’ll have to prove you’re vaccinated, but I am 100% fine with that.  Let’s go!! Get in the Ring mf’er!

Edited by nycgunner
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, nycgunner said:

CDC published new guidance stating the vaccinated can go maskless and no social distance, indoor or outdoor. 

Honestly, I think this tour is happening. Perhaps you’ll have to prove you’re vaccinated, but I am 100% fine with that.  Let’s go!! Get in the Ring mf’er!

Yeah, it's looking like all systems go for concerts to kick back up in the US!

4 hours ago, nycgunner said:

agreed.  of the Vaccine passports become a real thing, then I can't see why these dates won't happen.  ticket sales are something else though. 

3 hours ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

So what if this tour happens and there's still no word of an album?

I seriously don’t expect any album till 2022. 
Other than that, we may receive a brand new Reddit appearance of the unrivalled manager, the one and only, who’ll provide some mighty interesting, mostly one-word answers. Brilliance as usual. Here’s a preview: 
“Things are in the works.”
“Yes.”
“No.”
“Haven’t talked about that.”
“We’ll see.”
“Some people just complain all the time.”
WE have played in...”
“Thanks.”
“Move on.”

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I seriously don’t expect any album till 2022. 
Other than that, we may receive a brand new Reddit appearance of the unrivalled manager, the one and only, who’ll provide some mighty interesting, mostly one-word answers. Brilliance as usual. Here’s a preview: 
“Things are in the works.”
“Yes.”
“No.”
“Haven’t talked about that.”
“We’ll see.”
“Some people just complain all the time.”
WE have played in...”
“Thanks.”
“Move on.”

I hope he writes a book about his online life.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

I hope he writes a book about his online life.

Yes, that's also in the works. The tentative title has been known to be "And on the Eighth Day, I Created Guns N' Roses; or, Management Is a Piece of Cake". 

Pre-order in Walmart. 

Edited by jamillos