Any theories why Axl is such a prolific tourer in the last decade?

This iteration of GNR and the previous iteration toured non stop, doing multiple European and North America  tours on the same tour sometimes. 

They even when ahead with a concert in Mexico when every other band had ceased touring due to covid 

It's almost as if the mafia or Satan has some kind of hold over him and making him tour non stop to repay unpaid debts

Edited by billie

25 minutes ago, billie said:

This iteration of GNR and the previous iteration toured non stop, doing multiple European and North America  tours on the same tour sometimes. 

They even when ahead with a concert in Mexico when every other band had ceased touring due to covid 

Well you can’t work on an album when you’re touring now can you ? Or at least you can’t in GNR Land.

I think the first tour after the release of CD he genuinely tried to build some momentum. He introduced DJ and honestly, the 09’ amd 10’ shows were great! I think when album sales didn’t really pick up l, as well as the possible rejection of CD2, I think he said hell with it. The 2011-2014 tours I believe were to get what he could because it seems like it would be over soon. The ability to do arenas in the US was quickly fading, so I think he did what he could to earn as much as possible as he could.

I still like to think the reunion didn’t happen just the money, obviously a big part of it, but I think he realized the public wasn’t, and weren’t ever going to get behind the new GNR. Since the reunion, it’s been massive! They’ve made more money on this tour than probably the sum of their entire career. So I think it’s been going strong because it doesn’t make good business sense not to. He also is going on early, seems to be having a good time, and hasn’t missed any shows. He even played a show while having the flu. Axl from any other era, would use any reason under the sun to skip a show or come on late.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DefinitelyInThisLifetime said:

Money.

/Thread.

But the first year that this iteration of guns reunited--(2016,) should have given him and everyone enough money to retire (x 10)  for ten lifetimes

Why does he feel the need to milk every last penny out of the memory of this band? 

Axl was a recluse for a decade (refusing every single offer of a tour full stop) 

He was a rich man. No matter what 

What is his motive now? What  is the purpose of The relentless touring now ?  

Axl was not a person who craves money or the limelight, so why? 

1 hour ago, mikeman5150 said:

I think the first tour after the release of CD he genuinely tried to build some momentum. He introduced DJ and honestly, the 09’ amd 10’ shows were great! I think when album sales didn’t really pick up l, as well as the possible rejection of CD2, I think he said hell with it. The 2011-2014 tours I believe were to get what he could because it seems like it would be over soon. The ability to do arenas in the US was quickly fading, so I think he did what he could to earn as much as possible as he could.

I still like to think the reunion didn’t happen just the money, obviously a big part of it, but I think he realized the public wasn’t, and weren’t ever going to get behind the new GNR. Since the reunion, it’s been massive! They’ve made more money on this tour than probably the sum of their entire career. So I think it’s been going strong because it doesn’t make good business sense not to. He also is going on early, seems to be having a good time, and hasn’t missed any shows. He even played a show while having the flu. Axl from any other era, would use any reason under the sun to skip a show or come on late.  

I agree with your whole post. The reunion was about more than cash grab. Axl is the worlds biggest GNR fan. It’s his baby. His life. I believe Axl wanted GNR to be a global force again.m and to be respected. As he aged he could see GNR were going to be viewed poorly and that perception would largely be viewed as his fault. Axl didn’t want GNR to die as NuGuns, a band that can’t even sale out 3k seat theaters in the US. There may be no new music coming down the pipe, but at least GNR will end on a respectful note for most fans.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, billie said:

But the first year that this iteration of guns reunited--(2016,) should have given him and everyone enough money to retire (x 10)  for ten lifetimes

Why does he feel the need to milk every last penny out of the memory of this band? 

Axl was a recluse for a decade (refusing every single offer of a tour full stop) 

Well, unlike his peers and contemporaries, Axl never had the opportunity to make large sums of cash off his band. U2, Metallica, The Stones are all examples of bands who were making hundred of millions off touring. Prior to the reunion Axl never got the big paydays if others bands for his life’s work. It’s funny looking at the reunion now because I never thought it would happen, but it was inevitable.

49 minutes ago, billie said:

If you chase money you will never have enough. Ever. There's always more to be made, if that's what you're letting drive you in life. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mikeman5150 said:

Not true, he hurt is foot on the UYI tour and continued on with a boot for support, he sliced his hand that time on the stand and continued. The only time he walked was when someone threw a bottle or he was having a mental breakdown... which happened a lot from 1989-2014😄

• Like 3

I think it's a combo of money, change in perspective and starting to enjoy being on the road for routine and there also has to be some concern that he's ageing and the window is closing on his performing life. 

I still don't think it's all about the money, but it's definitely a factor and who the hell can blame anyone for wanting to make relatively easy money and travel the world with people adoring you? 

• Like 3

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

and

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

and

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

and so on....

• GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, billie said:

Citalopram 

The 2012-2014 touring was (at least partly) was because of legal obligations (the tour was part of the settlement with Azoff) - in other words, Axl had to do it.

It also may be because touring helps him keep himself together (mentally, as it keeps him focused on a schedule), as well as the band. In the China Exchange interview, when asked about the reunion tour, he said he wanted to keep it going for as long as he could:

Audience: I just wanted to ask, now you're touring again in the States with Guns n' Roses. Are there any plans to come to the UK or extend it to Europe?

Axl: Yeah. Absolutely. I hope to keep this going for a quite a while. It's just really- we're right now- it's all good. I mean obviously that could just explode. But no, everything is actually good between everybody so as long as we can keep it going we probably will.

So maybe, at least at that point, he thought that only touring could keep the reunion together.

And then, of course, touring is where money comes from.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, billie said:

It's almost as if the mafia or Satan has some kind of hold over him and making him tour non stop to repay unpaid debts

It's for the following reasons:

1) money

2) money 

3) money