06/07/22 - Seville,ES - Estadio Benito Villamarin

alfierose

1 hour ago, batatadoce said:

sure mate, whatever makes you feel good

I was at the lisbon show and he sounded just like the videos on youtube

If you had fun at the concert , awesome ! But I never got the concept of YouTube doesn't do Axl justice ? I've seen GNR about 15 times since 2006, and like above comment mentioned, the shows sound about the same . Sure from time to time someone will have a crappy Samsung phone which sucks balls, but it doesn't take away his rasp. I believe (and I've been there too) when at the concert , the thousands of people singing along , and yourself yelling your ass off , sometimes you don't truly hear Axl . GNR is my fav. Band . Axl is my fav singer ! But I know his time as passed , as far as singing live goes . I'm looking forward to a record with some hard yells , and rasp! But I know I can't get that live again . I used to travel the states to see GNR, now I wouldn't . I want to remember the good shows I attended . Now , if someone gave me a free ticket , hell yeah I would go !

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, batman007 said:

If you had fun at the concert , awesome ! But I never got the concept of YouTube doesn't do Axl justice ? I've seen GNR about 15 times since 2006, and like above comment mentioned, the shows sound about the same . Sure from time to time someone will have a crappy Samsung phone which sucks balls, but it doesn't take away his rasp. I believe (and I've been there too) when at the concert , the thousands of people singing along , and yourself yelling your ass off , sometimes you don't truly hear Axl . GNR is my fav. Band . Axl is my fav singer ! But I know his time as passed , as far as singing live goes . I'm looking forward to a record with some hard yells , and rasp! But I know I can't get that live again . I used to travel the states to see GNR, now I wouldn't . I want to remember the good shows I attended . Now , if someone gave me a free ticket , hell yeah I would go !

I agree his time has passed, his giving an increíble effort nowadays!

Today I went to Sevilla and when I left the concert I was so satisfied because I thought that was a very good concert from everybody (including Axl) which I think he do It quite well, but when I start to listen to the recordings I have to say It sounds so awful, and I didn't think that un the concert so I don't know

2 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

Today I went to Sevilla and when I left the concert I was so satisfied because I thought that was a very good concert from everybody (including Axl) which I think he do It quite well, but when I start to listen to the recordings I have to say It sounds so awful, and I didn't think that un the concert so I don't know

I have to say awful in some songs, in others he sounds decent!

13 minutes ago, pentatonicamenor said:

No man, absolute no

I've at the show in Seville, the whole band hace been almost perfect.

Only an exception, Axl in the final part of "Coma".

I agree with you, when I was at the concert I felt that Axl and the whole band was absolutely incredible and now when I watch the videos I recorded It's totally the opposite, I mean I believe more in me than in a video, so I think that was a very good concert!

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

26 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

Just have that memory of the concert being bad ass! I'm sure it was . 

You're Crazy was a highlight last year but now it sounds like a mess... I can see why they finally replaced The Seeker with it, but the slower version was way better.

I guess they could debut new stuff at any time, but it's a bummer there's nothing on the setlist. Looking at the alt list, LOL at him attempting stuff like This I Love and Yesterdays.

Back In Black was rough, and I honestly don't know why they brought back Reckless Life. It's hard to believe that's the same guy who was crushing it on songs like Thunderstruck just 6 years ago. Are DTJ and Wichita Lineman the only decent songs left at this point?

4 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

This is getting hard to listen to...Back in Black, Hardschool...he sounds atrocious

Surprisingly I didn't mind BIB, obviously it's no where near Axl/DC 2016 - but the clean vocals still had some power behind it. Band sounded killer. 

I would have enjoyed it live. 

31 minutes ago, GNR 1991 said:

Damn… am I the only one who thinks he sounds killer on Reckless Life from this show? I’m too scared to watch him butcher Back in Black tho

No, there was some rasp in Portugal, while this time there was none. 

As for Back in Black... wow, what a difference from 2016 huh. 

Edited by jamillos

8 minutes ago, jamillos said:

No, there was some rasp in Portugal, while this time there was none. 

As for Back in Black... wow, what a difference from 2016 huh. 

He blew his last rasp with ac/dc 

That was it. Still they are putting in 3+ hour shows.  No other band does that

20 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

I don't wanna listen to Back in Black :nervous:

But really, choosing BIB, putting This I love on the alt. setlist? Shows how far removed from reality Axl is.

There’s been a lot of complaining over This I Love in recent years and a lot of praise over how Axl sang with AC/DC 8 years ago, but when he then replaces This I Love with Back In Black he is "removed from reality"? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, gonzalo palmese said:

Set confirmed by Jarmo 

1. It's So Easy
2. Mr. Brownstone
3. Chinese Democracy
4. Slither (Velvet Revolver cover)
5. Double Talkin' Jive
6. Welcome To The Jungle
7. Back in Black (AC/DC cover) first time live
8. Absurd
9. Rocket Queen
10. Reckless Life
11. Live and Let Die (Wings cover)
12. Estranged
13. You Could Be Mine
14. I Wanna Be Your Dog (The Stooges cover, Duff vocals)
15. Hard Skool
16. Civil War
17. Slash Solo (Born Under a Bad Sign) / Sweet Child O' Mine
18. November Rain
19. Knockin' On Heaven's Door (Bob Dylan cover)
20. Nightrain

21. Coma
22. Patience
22. Wichita Lineman
23.You're Crazy (AFD version)
24. Paradise City

Who is the Velvet Revolver cover but above all the Wings cover and Bob Dylan cover information for, for god’s sake? Casual casuals who just arrived from a different planet after 3000 years and never heard of music, let alone rock music, let alone GN’R? Don't worry, we accommodate for every and anyone over here at HTGTH! :facepalm:

4 hours ago, Dani_1455 said:

I agree with you, when I was at the concert I felt that Axl and the whole band was absolutely incredible and now when I watch the videos I recorded It's totally the opposite, I mean I believe more in me than in a video, so I think that was a very good concert!

While I’ve been at the gigs I can hear how ropey Axl sounds at times, other times I don’t hear it because I and everyone else is singing along, other times again it’s covered up by atmosphere and the band or some guy banging into you... Lots of reasons you think it sounds one way while your there and another once you see the videos back. it’s not YouTube or the device doing the recording that sounds shit, it’s Axl. It’s not total shit, but it’s shittier than the fun you have while there. 

Ive also had the opposite, I’ve saw a few bands, Pearl Jam being one mentioned earlier, and the sound at the gigs wasn’t great where I was in the venue but the SBD CD/Bootleg release of the gig sounded great or an audience boot of the gig. 

I don’t expect Axl to pull the material off now, he’s 60. Those songs were sang in a style that a vocal coach wouldn’t approve of I’m guessing, the rasp he had for years came at a cost. I think he’s blown his voice at this stage. The songs also required a lot of physical energy to deliver live, again I don’t expect someone of 60 capable of delivering it. I hope they wind it up in the next few years.  

The Stones are touring now, and Mick Jagger can sound amazing at 79 because the songs from the 60s  onwards can all be sung by a singer. Guns N Roses songs could only be sung by Axl Rose, he has one of the most unique and hard to imitate voices there’s been in Rock N Roll. But it’s close to being over. I hope they wind the thing down and do studio stuff only in the next few years. The difference from 2016 to now is obvious, I don’t want it to be 6 more years worse. Bow out before it’s Bon Jovi levels. It’s a ways from that yet, but another 3-4 years.... 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Dani_1455 said:

Because you recorded with a small n shitty 🎤 from the phone. The guitars, the drums, everything sounds worse. But people only pay atention to the voice.