What do you think Axl's appearance will be this summer?

He will most likely be out of shape and dressed like a clown.  He will sound like crap and we will be excited when he sounds passable.  He will be out of breath and unable to keep up with some of the songs.  If he didn't come out in shape ready to kick ass at he beginning of the reunion why would it be any different now?

I am not sure but Slash may have leaned down a bit.  Tough to tell but he looked thinner on that New Years Eve performance and  in the Anthrax 40 videos that have been coming out on youtube every day. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Tyson said:

No, it's clear that Axl never puts in as much effort as possible to get in the best shape he can for his age.  It's not harsh, it's simply true.  He's the center focus for one of the biggest acts in show business and he clearly could do more to get in better shape.  

Just look at Duff and Fortus. Both of whom are in their 50’s and look great. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Ixtlan said:

Just look at Duff and Fortus. Both of whom are in their 50’s and look great. 

And just about every other band of their peers and older.. Slayer, Alice Cooper, Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, Metallica, Anthrax, Megadeth, AC/DC, Black Crowes, Black Sabbath, Maiden, Priest.. I could go on almost endlessly.. Then there is Axl and Vince

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Tyson said:

No, it's clear that Axl never puts in as much effort as possible to get in the best shape he can for his age.  It's not harsh, it's simply true.  He's the center focus for one of the biggest acts in show business and he clearly could do more to get in better shape.  

How do you know? Are you his personal trainer? You know his schedule?

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

And just about every other band of their peers and older.. Slayer, Alice Cooper, Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, Metallica, Anthrax, Megadeth, AC/DC, Black Crowes, Black Sabbath, Maiden, Priest.. I could go on almost endlessly.. Then there is Axl and Vince

Exactly. Or Anthony Kiedis, who is in excellent shape. 

• Like 1

I don't think it would be as much of a problem if his voice was close to what it used to be. Also Gnr had a distinct image to them back in the day. I know it's not 1988 anymore, but it must be a trip for a younger fan to get into them and then pay to see the current band.

I also think it has to do with Axl not having much to lose since he got control of the band. He was coddled by the label for years with advances. It seemed for years he was able to not tour or release records and still keep his lifestyle.He also can always tour when the funds get low.

These other bands are either way more of a partnership or have a drive to release new music and tour.

Some of the comments are hilarious! For all the wrong reasons! I mean I've become a fat fuck over the lockdown as well, and it is proving hard to shift it coz I ain't getting any younger! But then again, I am not the lead singer of a world famous band! 

40 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

Some of the comments are hilarious! For all the wrong reasons! I mean I've become a fat fuck over the lockdown as well, and it is proving hard to shift it coz I ain't getting any younger! But then again, I am not the lead singer of a world famous band! 

And you don't charge people top dollar to see you, I guess.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

At Axl's age and older, Steven Tyler and Joe Perry had six packs that they showed off wearing open shirts during shows.  I don't think they have six packs anymore but they are still slim (at least the last time I saw pictures or video).

20 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

At Axl's age and older, Steven Tyler and Joe Perry had six packs that they showed off wearing open shirts during shows.  I don't think they have six packs anymore but they are still slim (at least the last time I saw pictures or video).

Steven Tyler has never had a six pack, although he probably drank a lot of them when he was still on the booze. 

5 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

Who cares what he looks like as long as he sounds decent? The dude is getting old, let it go about his appearance already.  

His weight and fitness will determine how good his voice and performance is though. Especially at his age.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vloors said:

His weight and fitness will determine how good his voice and performance is though. Especially at his age.

That's why fat Pavarotti couldn't hit a note.

No, I get what you are saying. You want a rawk show with rockers running around being crazy and sexy. Fine. Personally, I couldn't care how musicians look as long as I enjoy the music.

• Like 1