Madagascar
Don't Cry
The Seeker
Paradise City

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Sacrilege!!! 🤣

In truth it’s the weakest song on AFD but it’s not a bad song….I’d be well happy if they decided to play it!

I would love to hear anything goes!! I don't even know if it is my least favorite on the album... I still consider the album to be perfect.. Not a bad song in the bunch..

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

3 minutes ago, Pskihq92 said:

Yes

It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Slither
Double Talkin' Jive
Welcome To The Jungle
Better
Estranged
Live And Let Die
You're Crazy
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
I Wanna Be Your Dog
ABSUЯD
Civil War
Slash Solo
Sweet Child O' Mine
November Rain
Wichita Lineman
Patience
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Nightrain
Madagascar
Don't Cry
The Seeker
Paradise City

Thanks! 

13 minutes ago, Pele said:

IMO - it was clearly done as part of their obligation with Live Nation in exchange for the huge guarantee.

Most promoters will agree a fee with an artist for a tour.  The promoter pays the fee, hires venues, routes the tour etc.  In exchange, the artist plays the shows and undertakes a number of media appearances/interviews etc to promote the tour.  This is a stadium tour, which come with big costs and huge risks, and it would be very unusual for a promoter to take on that risk without some form of promotion from the artist.

It was obvious Rose wasn't going to agree to do those media appearances, so it's likely he agreed to release a 'new' song as promotion, which Live Nation will have been pleased with.  Likely stipulation is that it was the first new studio release to feature Axl/Slash/Duff.

I think it's probable Rose intended to use 'HardSkool', but switched it out for Silkworms at late notice for one or two reasons:

• It's easier to sing live
  • The is already pre-excuse if people don't like it (it's just for fun, clearly a joke etc etc - this narrative has already started)

I've stated before, I believe he has no new songs to use, and next to no 'old' songs that are usable.  His options were Silkworms, OMG, Perhaps, HardSchool or Atlas, and he picked Silkworms for the reasons above.

I'll now get the usual suspects telling me I've no idea what I'm talking about, or that Elvis Presley and Monster of Soul has been recorded fully because Axl said so in chat, or that Beta said there was a CD.

Ask yourselves, how long are you going to cling onto the belief that the singer actually writes and records music.

Has getting Slash to record guitars over their worst B-Side from 20 years ago given him another 5 years grace for you?

:facepalm:

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Jaysus! 🤣  

What a read! a chance too peer inside the nuttier side of gnr fandom. 

Pele... you know diddly fucking squat, yet you pass off your opinion as fact. Here's what we do know. Several people have discussed the material Axl has written. They've said there's 2 albums worth of material, they've commented on songs we haven't heard... there's a lot! Of material we have not heard. That you think the small percentage of music we heard from the village leaks is the complete works of the Chinese era astounds me! 

Remove your head from your ass bud!

Don't feed the troll.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pele said:

IMO - it was clearly done as part of their obligation with Live Nation in exchange for the huge guarantee.

Most promoters will agree a fee with an artist for a tour.  The promoter pays the fee, hires venues, routes the tour etc.  In exchange, the artist plays the shows and undertakes a number of media appearances/interviews etc to promote the tour.  This is a stadium tour, which come with big costs and huge risks, and it would be very unusual for a promoter to take on that risk without some form of promotion from the artist.

It was obvious Rose wasn't going to agree to do those media appearances, so it's likely he agreed to release a 'new' song as promotion, which Live Nation will have been pleased with.  Likely stipulation is that it was the first new studio release to feature Axl/Slash/Duff.

I think it's probable Rose intended to use 'HardSkool', but switched it out for Silkworms at late notice for one or two reasons:

• It's easier to sing live
  • The is already pre-excuse if people don't like it (it's just for fun, clearly a joke etc etc - this narrative has already started)

I've stated before, I believe he has no new songs to use, and next to no 'old' songs that are usable.  His options were Silkworms, OMG, Perhaps, HardSchool or Atlas, and he picked Silkworms for the reasons above.

I'll now get the usual suspects telling me I've no idea what I'm talking about, or that Elvis Presley and Monster of Soul has been recorded fully because Axl said so in chat, or that Beta said there was a CD.

Ask yourselves, how long are you going to cling onto the belief that the singer actually writes and records music.

Has getting Slash to record guitars over their worst B-Side from 20 years ago given him another 5 years grace for you?

Can you just run that by me one more time? 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Tom2112 said:

Jaysus! 🤣  

What a read! a chance too peer inside the nuttier side of gnr fandom. 

Pele... you know diddly fucking squat, yet you pass off your opinion as fact. Here's what we do know. Several people have discussed the material Axl has written. They've said there's 2 albums worth of material, they've commented on songs we haven't heard... there's a lot! Of material we have not heard. That you think the small percentage of music we heard from the village leaks is the complete works of the Chinese era astounds me! 

Remove your head from your ass bud!

Yeah, but at what point will you actually work out there isn't?

Me thinking the bulk of the completed work is from the Village era and a couple of later sessions in 06 may astound you.

You thinking there are loads of unheard, completed songs astounds me.

What is it going to take? 

Serious question, if the next album comes and Roses's contributions are Absurd/HardSchool/Perhaps/Atlas/OMG/General and a cover - would that make you accept you're wrong and he's emptied the vault?

Or would you hang onto the delusion that there is still a big collection of new songs that we haven't heard, and he's just waiting for the right time to release a killer album?

1 minute ago, agustingloger said:

Back in the 90's they were real. Now is just a brand. If You are not releasing Anything new, not changing setlist and bring the same old boring show AT LEAST be prepared and sing the Best You can. 

I don't want to Burst your bubble but "They" would also be a Brand with the AfD5 line-up. Izzy and Steven would be hired Guns like anyone else. 

4 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Don't feed the troll.

Same question to you.

If the next album comes and Roses's contributions are Absurd/HardSchool/Perhaps/Atlas/OMG/General and a cover - would that make you accept you're wrong and he's emptied the vault?

Or would you hang onto the delusion that there is still a big collection of new songs that we haven't heard, and he's just waiting for the right time to release a killer album?

1 minute ago, agustingloger said:

Back in the 90's they were real. Now is just a brand. If You are not releasing Anything new, not changing setlist and bring the same old boring show AT LEAST be prepared and sing the Best You can. 

We`re in 2021.

If you don`t like the setlist and thinks it`s an old boring show, no problem. That`s your opinion and I understand your frustration.

But if that situation hurts you, get a life outside Gn`R world. Complaining about that in every show thread is also boring as hell.

• Like 3