08/27/21 - Las Vegas, NV - Allegiant Stadium

Powerage5

Just now, lame ass security said:

Is it not allowed to put pics up of these shows? I haven't seen any.

It's allowed, I just haven't seen people post a lot of pics lately 

Just now, lame ass security said:

Is it not allowed to put pics up of these shows? I haven't seen any.

It's allowed, I just haven't seen people post a lot of pics lately 

• Like 1

Just watched a video of Absurd from last night's show and I must admit it is growing on me live a bit.  Axl's vocal delivery is a bit more angry and intense sounding to me than the first couple of times they played it and the intensity is closer to what they put on tape for the studio version

• Like 2
  • ABSUЯD 2

1 hour ago, t-p-d-a said:

Classic GN'R is Original Star Wars - legendary
2001 - 2014 is Prequels Star Wars - new and to much effects
NITL GN'R is Sequels Star Wars - nostalgia cash grab

The prequels are also a prime source of memes, much like nuGNR :lol:

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

1 hour ago, t-p-d-a said:

Classic GN'R is Original Star Wars - legendary
2001 - 2014 is Prequels Star Wars - new and to much effects
NITL GN'R is Sequels Star Wars - nostalgia cash grab

Who is Jar Jar in this comparison, DJ or Pitman? :lol:

• Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

12 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

Your wrong on so many levels. 

Not all touring bands are a “traveling music act”... 

Bands may not make money from a new album, but it gives them profile and they also TOUR THE ALBUM! Not the same shitty hits tour for 5 years, with 1 new song in the last few weeks. 

I do give them credit for working their shit out, but the demand is waning and ticket sales are poor...

What other bands have reunited in the last 5 years and are touring?

A band typically does cater to its fans, that’s kinda why the people show up. It’s how a band works, they play music and people come.

Expecting anything new really from a GNR show is dumb, with you I do agree on that. 

I feel like the only band comparable in my mind is Faith No More. They reunited (without Jim Martin who was kind of the Slash of the band) in 2009 and released a new album in 2015. The difference is they weren't heavily touring every year from 09-14 and they had a 10 year break from 1998-2008 so the older songs were fresh to a newer generation. 

26 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Just watched a video of Absurd from last night's show and I must admit it is growing on me live a bit.  Axl's vocal delivery is a bit more angry and intense sounding to me than the first couple of times they played it and the intensity is closer to what they put on tape for the studio version

It’s been sounding pretty good live on the tour so far! I way prefer the live version than the studio single release. 

It’d be cool if they opened a gig with it. 

On 7/18/2021 at 11:15 AM, Powerage5 said:

240613740_405662194255876_40332974014199

August 27, 2021

Las Vegas, NV

Allegiant Stadium

Setlist

It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Slither
Double Talkin' Jive
Welcome To The Jungle
Better
Estranged
Live And Let Die
You're Crazy
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
I Wanna Be Your Dog
ABSUЯD
Civil War
Slash Solo
Sweet Child O' Mine
November Rain
Wichita Lineman
Patience
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Nightrain

Encore
Madagascar
Don't Cry
The Seeker
Paradise City

Wow what an awesome set list! I hope they perform all these songs next Wed in Dallas.

37 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Yeah, I think I feel the same way. Maybe we are being mesmarized by the Medusa picture? lol

22 minutes ago, mystery said:

I feel like the only band comparable in my mind is Faith No More. They reunited (without Jim Martin who was kind of the Slash of the band) in 2009 and released a new album in 2015. The difference is they weren't heavily touring every year from 09-14 and they had a 10 year break from 1998-2008 so the older songs were fresh to a newer generation. 

And it’s also 12 years since they’ve reformed, I can’t really think of anyone like I said in the last 5 years other than GNR. 

Jim Martin was gone before they broke up first time round, they released 2 albums after he left before breaking up. 

I caught them supporting GNR in 92, but they weren’t my thing. The real thing was the only album of theirs I had, and still the only one I have... 

Edited by Powderfinger

20 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

And it’s also 12 years since they’ve reformed, I can’t really think of anyone like I said in the last 5 years other than GNR. 

Jim Martin was gone before they broke up first time round, they released 2 albums after he left before breaking up. 

I caught them supporting GNR in 92, but they weren’t my thing. The real thing was the only album of theirs I had, and still the only one I have... 

Weren't they the second choice after Nirvana declined? A lot of people were confounded by Angel Dust but it was the right choice for them. They would've seemed very dated if they released The Real Thing part 2 in 1992. They did seem like an odd fit compared to Soundgarden and Metallica. I wonder why Skid Row wasn't called instead?

46 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

...did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Pitman The Wise-Ass? He had many abilities some would consider to be...untalented, you know, like waving a towel around and talking himself out of the world's easiest job. :lol:

Is Axl the Palpatine of the GNR hexalogy? 

36d2f699ff9440a53e28ce477715480053b42b14

1 hour ago, mystery said:

Weren't they the second choice after Nirvana declined? A lot of people were confounded by Angel Dust but it was the right choice for them. They would've seemed very dated if they released The Real Thing part 2 in 1992. They did seem like an odd fit compared to Soundgarden and Metallica. I wonder why Skid Row wasn't called instead?

Slane Castle only got My little funhouse and faith no more. 

Edited by Powderfinger

13 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

Slane Castle only got My little funhouse and faith no more. 

Presumably because they were a local band. Their wikipedia page is something:

"After winning the Carling Hot Press band competition, they got signed to Island Publishing and went on, in late 1991, to sign what was Geffen Records' largest deal to that date: $2 million (around the same time, Geffen signed Nirvana for $60,000). Geffen saw them as the next Guns N' Roses, and even included them in the video of November Rain".

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, mystery said:

Presumably because they were a local band. Their wikipedia page is something:

"After winning the Carling Hot Press band competition, they got signed to Island Publishing and went on, in late 1991, to sign what was Geffen Records' largest deal to that date: $2 million (around the same time, Geffen signed Nirvana for $60,000). Geffen saw them as the next Guns N' Roses, and even included them in the video of November Rain".

Apparently Sorum and Slash featured on tracks from unreleased albums of theirs: https://irishmetalarchive.com/artists/my-little-funhouse/

• Wow 1

2 hours ago, mystery said:

MetallicA and Hetfield in particular were big FNM fans so would imagine they had a big say. Hetfield used to wear FNM t-shirts and he and Jim Martin are great pals too.

4 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Really disappointed Dead Horse is gone, even though they fucked it up the majority of time. One of the only UYI cuts I wanted brought back. Also can't understand why the hell TAY was dropped when Axl sounded really good during the 2020 soundcheck.

Really happy they played it when I saw them in Hershey

• Like 1
  • Haha 1