08/27/21 - Las Vegas, NV - Allegiant Stadium

Powerage5

36 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

And you came to this conclusion only after 3 weeks and despite all the things pointing out that something is coming sooner or later. I guess rehearsing Hardschool is part of the plan, too?

I’ll admit the band continually rehearsing HS is a sign something could be in the works. Unfortunately the guy who decides if he wants to actually sing it has squandered too many opportunities the last 20+ years to convince me that he’ll do it right this time. Hope I’m wrong, I really do.

39 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

You are out of touch with what the music industry is today and the fact the individuals involved aren't in their 20s and don't give a shit. It's called maturity and growing up.

This is how the band and other artists make their money and all of them treat live shows as a travelling musical act, given the financial revenue created for the artist themselves. 

Do you actually believe the band is going to make a large amount of money out of a new album being released in the year 2021?. You do realise that in today's day and age, albums don't make money.

Give them same credit. The have reunited and touring, there is a demand for their performances and that's a smart business play given the difference in the music industry today compared to the past (80s and 90s).

There are a number of bands reforming and touring because it's financially beneficial to do so.. 

I cannot understand, what makes you think the band should cater to your needs and wants.. Did it cross your mind, that band themselves might enjoy playing those songs. 

If some of you have chosen to over think things and believed based on an assumption and putting 2 + 2  together that = 40, that a new song was going to be played at this show, then that's on you.

At least put your hand up and own it. 

But I suspect, the band and their management will be the easy ones to blame.. for some people being gullable. 

Your wrong on so many levels. 

Not all touring bands are a “traveling music act”... 

Bands may not make money from a new album, but it gives them profile and they also TOUR THE ALBUM! Not the same shitty hits tour for 5 years, with 1 new song in the last few weeks. 

I do give them credit for working their shit out, but the demand is waning and ticket sales are poor...

What other bands have reunited in the last 5 years and are touring?

A band typically does cater to its fans, that’s kinda why the people show up. It’s how a band works, they play music and people come.

Expecting anything new really from a GNR show is dumb, with you I do agree on that. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Sure, that's a problem, too, and they could add some more songs from UYI. But they have played all Appetite in the last five years except Think About You and Anything Goes (and I don't think there are many people who are too excited to hear Anything Goes). They have also played most of the CD songs that could be played.

I think, though, that the biggest problem is what I said. People watch every show and get easily bored, and also forget how many songs have been played (like someone who said that the only new thing in the last 10 years is DTJ). And then that may take away even the enjoyment of attending a show.

Sacrilege!!! 🤣

In truth it’s the weakest song on AFD but it’s not a bad song….I’d be well happy if they decided to play it!

• Haha 1

Will we be satisfied when they finally play Hard Skool? Do we start screaming for a third new song? And what about when the album drops? How long will we be content with it? "They have a vault full of songs! I want... nay, demand... to hear them!"

It's almost like the band performs for live audiences and not for us forum nerds :shrugs:

8 minutes ago, jekylhyde said:

Will we be satisfied when they finally play Hard Skool? Do we start screaming for a third new song? And what about when the album drops? How long will we be content with it? "They have a vault full of songs! I want... nay, demand... to hear them!"

It's almost like the band performs for live audiences and not for us forum nerds :shrugs:

I think the truth when it comes to Hard School is, we know it’s rehearsed, cued up production-wise, and seems to be imminent that it gets played. So there’s a sense of…not so much urgency, but anticipation on behalf of the fans in the know on that one. In reality, I think 99% of even the forum diehards would be absolutely over the moon about two new songs and feel satisfied, I certainly know I would be. That of course won’t carry us forever, but it would more than whet our appetites. It’s not like anyone is seriously saying “come on guys, we know Perhaps and Quick Song are in the vaults! What is taking so long?!?” - it’s almost like the band has given us a reason to feel like this when it comes to Hard School. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I still think we won’t see hard school played this leg. For  whatever reason (probably vocal) Absurd ended up being the song released this leg. Unless there’s any footage of Axl rehearsing Hard school with the band before a show then I wouldn’t get any hopes up of it getting played soon. It’ll all come down to Axl’s vocals 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

You are out of touch with what the music industry is today and the fact the individuals involved aren't in their 20s and don't give a shit. It's called maturity and growing up.

This is how the band and other artists make their money and all of them treat live shows as a travelling musical act, given the financial revenue created for the artist themselves. 

Do you actually believe the band is going to make a large amount of money out of a new album being released in the year 2021?. You do realise that in today's day and age, albums don't make money.

Give them same credit. The have reunited and touring, there is a demand for their performances and that's a smart business play given the difference in the music industry today compared to the past (80s and 90s).

There are a number of bands reforming and touring because it's financially beneficial to do so.. 

I cannot understand, what makes you think the band should cater to your needs and wants.. Did it cross your mind, that band themselves might enjoy playing those songs. 

If some of you have chosen to over think things and believed based on an assumption and putting 2 + 2  together that = 40, that a new song was going to be played at this show, then that's on you.

But I suspect, the band and their management will be the easy ones to blame.. for some people being gullable. 

I need to quote this post twice just because of how silly it is :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jekylhyde said:

Nah. For a lot of people being negative, especially online, is fun or simply a way to deal with something else in their life. If the band ever releases a new record, some will complain that Izzy isn't there. And should Izzy be part of it somehow, they will complain that it's not as good as Appetite. Not everyone, but for those who like to whine and complain, there will always be something to go on about.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

Dear bands out there. You heard what kiwiguns had to say? 

Please stop releasing music because you ain't making money with albums nowadays.

Dear kiwiguns, if everybody was thinking that way,  we wouldn't have no new music anymore. No new music = no new bands = just old bands touring old stuff.

GNR in particular haven't release a ton of albums. There's unfinished buisness to be done.

And even if they don't think that way, how in the hell do you wanna tell their fans not to be hungry for some new music by a band with such small discography? 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

My main thing is GNR was one of the best bands that ever existed from 1987-1993 and unfortunately it was cut short. They wasted 20 years of their prime not being together. Tragic imo. Axl, Slash and  Duff finally get back together…a chance to somewhat make up for lost time and see if there’s any artistic magic left aka be a creative entity. Fast forward 5+ years and one recycled mediocre track to show for it…shit I don’t even blame Slash and Duff that much, I’m sure they’ve tried behind the scenes to make shit happen and Axl is just too lazy, scared or whatever to try. It’s unfortunate imo as I had/have a high enough opinion of what this band was to expect more than a neverending cash grab. I get that a lot or these gigs can be fun times (I’ve experienced 8 myself) but GNR was meant for more than being a legacy act, especially without even trying to be more. Hopefully something is in the works soon or Izzy is looking better and better everyday. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Dear bands out there. You heard what kiwiguns had to say? 

Please stop releasing music because you ain't making money with albums nowadays.

Dear kiwiguns, if everybody was thinking that way,  we wouldn't have no new music anymore. No new music = no new bands = just old bands touring old stuff.

GNR in particular haven't release a ton of albums. There's unfinished buisness to be done.

And even if they don't think that way, how in the hell do you wanna tell their fans not to be hungry for some new music by a band with such small discography? 

Make sure you let Taylor Swift know as a priority. She released two albums last year and didn't tour at all to promote them. She must be really struggling financially, so a quick intervention is needed. 

• Like 1