ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

13 minutes ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

The soundchecks of the song have been in D#. Unless they're soundchecking a song in a key they're not planning to play it in - and I don't know why they'd do that considering Axl has soundchecked it in D# and Duff and Melissa have ran backing vocals in soundcheck as well.

What tuning was the original Village leaks demo? Is the soundcheck in a different key?

If you want to believe Guns N' Roses News on Facebook, Hardshool was originally meant to fall where Absurd did on the release schedule, but was delayed because more work needed to be done on it. This apparently meant Absurd was the replacement for the first single and performance. Take from that what you will, lol.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

If you want to believe Guns N' Roses News on Facebook, Hardshool was originally meant to fall where Absurd did on the release schedule, but was delayed because more work needed to be done on it. This apparently meant Absurd was the replacement for the first single and performance. Take from that what you will, lol.

Their source is..? And where was this knowledge prior to Absurd's release? lol

Doesn't make sense to change the plan like this when they were rehearsing Hard School a week before they debuted Absurd. 

On 8/21/2021 at 10:54 AM, RussTCB said:

I remain in disbelief at how much I like this song. I somehow seem to like it more with each listen. 

I really do like everything about it.  To me it's raw and straightforward rock that sounds like it would fit on like Live Like a Suicide more than any other album.  Before this if anybody asked me what I hoped the first single from Axl, Slash and Duff would be after all this time I'd want it to be a loud angry song.  It checks all my boxes 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WAR41 said:

I really do like everything about it.  To me it's raw and straightforward rock that sounds like it would fit on like Live Like a Suicide more than any other album.  Before this if anybody asked me what I hoped the first single from Axl, Slash and Duff would be after all this time I'd want it to be a loud angry song.  It checks all my boxes 

Lol no way it fits Suicide.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

If it’s to believed that HS got pushed back for whatever reason, I think that’s further backing the idea of a new album if they just had something polished and in the works that could replace it. 

Judging by Fernanado's comments about "Vinyl, release, etc.", I'm inclined to believe that Hardschool was being soundchecked last year and being prepared as the lead single; being it sounds more like "GN'R".  I think the promotion was delayed due to COVID.  I read his comments as promotion was being done for Hardschool, hence they didn't want to waste the opportunity on half filled, COVID restricted stadiums. Enter Absurd as a replacement for something new to draw people but they didn't want to waste the promotion for Hardschool with so much other news in the world.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2021 at 2:24 AM, Live Like a Suicide said:

If you want to believe Guns N' Roses News on Facebook, Hardshool was originally meant to fall where Absurd did on the release schedule, was delayed because more work needed to be done on it. This apparently meant Absurd was the replacement for the first single and performance. Take from that what you will, lol.

More work needed to be done on it.......... what have they been doing since 2016?  And, is this a case where they tinker with it so much, and suck the heart and soul out of the recording like they did with CD (compared with the demo's). 

Hope this information is via an "insider" and turns out to be untrue 😂 

17 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

More work needed to be done on it.......... what have they been doing since 2016?  And, is this a case where they tinker with it so much, and suck the heart and soul out of the recording like they did with CD (compared with the demo's). 

Hope this information is via an "insider" and turns out to be untrue 😂 

Maybe, maybe not. I think Slash and Duff breathed some life into Absurd, maybe they can do the same for other CD era songs.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I thought Absurd was kinda whatever before Slash and Duff touched it. I think they made it a really damn good rocker.

I actually listened to the village session version of silkworms last night and Slash and duff made all the difference in the world honestly.  I was surprised how much I like their version more

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

On 8/24/2021 at 10:24 AM, Live Like a Suicide said:

I just saw that Guns N' Roses  News mentioned that GNR is pleased with the numbers for Absurd and will be getting ready to release Hard Skool soon.

• Like 1