11/05/23 - Toluca, MX - Hell and Heaven Fest

alfierose

10 minutes ago, MJRoses23 said:

Definitely could be cool. This video of him changing up his voice at the end of Estranged when he was sick sounded amazing. Had a lot of emotion in it. Just doing small things like that would save his voice and I think give a new depth to songs. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q1o187Dw8A

I like that too, I'm fond of his more natural voice, and him using the "high rasp" or whatever you want to call it in certain parts, like the bridge to Monsters, where it really fits vs an entire song like the TIL remix which I feel it's overwhelming. 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, MJRoses23 said:

Definitely could be cool. This video of him changing up his voice at the end of Estranged when he was sick sounded amazing. Had a lot of emotion in it. Just doing small things like that would save his voice and I think give a new depth to songs. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q1o187Dw8A

Hard to put emotion into singing when you're on what I suppose would be happy pills? Not that I want him to be unhappy, but he sounds fucking great when he's pissed.

Also love the crooner style he does for Wichita Lineman, would prefer him going more towards a Ronnie Van Zandt vibe there (also for SCOM) but still a solid performance.

13 minutes ago, Frozeninferno316 said:

Has this video been posted yet?

Singing the verses like that sure is a choice. I hope someday in his autobiography we learn why he thinks that weak clean falsetto is the way to go. It's got to be either A) it's a last resort and the only way he can consistently sing at his age or B) too many yes men around him telling him it sounds good. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TOS--LOA said:

Singing the verses like that sure is a choice. I hope someday in his autobiography we learn why he thinks that weak clean falsetto is the way to go. It's got to be either A) it's a last resort and the only way he can consistently sing at his age or B) too many yes men around him telling him it sounds good. 

A little bit of both IMO. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, GNRmello77 said:

I'm kinda sad the tour is over now, it's been a long year for the band on the road, and it's been very exciting. This tour had everything imo and was miles better than last year, the steady setlist was absolute best, with ptu anything goes and so on amazing! I saw them 3 times in Europe this year and each show was different with Paris as a Highlight for me. Also cool they brought in Perhaps and The General as brand new songs along the road. Maybe outside of Axl's voice compared to 016-017 this was the best tour since it all started?

Easily the best tour since 2016, imo. Perhaps, The friggin' General, and deep cuts like Reckless Road, PtU, Anything Goes, Bad Obsession as relative staples. Plus they did Locomotive, Shadow, and TWAT a good amount. And it is not the most important thing, but Axl was also in pretty good shape this tour. 

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I thought she was at the Hollywood Shows?

Axl: [During band introductions] ...And in absentia, having another bout with her pneumonia is Ms. Melissa Reese. Let me hear a bit for Melissa. Come on... [crowd cheering] We wish her a speedy recovery. This the last show of our tour of the year. I want to thank you for coming out and celebrating it with us. I want to thank our crew for everything they've done to make all of this happen... over the last seven years. I want to thank the band, I want to thank all of our team.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, kingcanyon said:

Axl: [During band introductions] ...And in absentia, having another bout with her pneumonia is Ms. Melissa Reese. Let me hear a bit for Melissa. Come on... [crowd cheering] We wish her a speedy recovery. This the last show of our tour of the year. I want to thank you for coming out and celebrating it with us. I want to thank our crew for everything they've done to make all of this happen... over the last seven years. I want to thank the band, I want to thank all of our team.

The last line sounds like a long hiatus coming up...:smiley-confused2:

• Sad 1

I doubt we'll see any changes in the band lineup (they seem to have a good thing going), but it does seem like everything is adding up to a hiatus (which makes complete sense). Not quite the sense of finality at the end of the Vegas 2014 run, but some similarities: the band really going all in on cool set lists, Axl seeming like he's really giving it his all and having a great time (technical issues from this show aside), and thanking the crew (I remember in 2014 he started to thank Caram and the band at various shows and at the Golden Gods Award). The last show in that 2014 run was, if I remember correctly, June 2014 and the band was back in April 2016 for the beginning of Not in this Lifetime: almost two years. I imagine we'll have a similar break here (maybe an occasional festival show since - unlike 2014 - they have a full functioning band). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, themadcaplaughs said:

I doubt we'll see any changes in the band lineup (they seem to have a good thing going), but it does seem like everything is adding up to a hiatus (which makes complete sense). Not quite the sense of finality at the end of the Vegas 2014 run, but some similarities: the band really going all in on cool set lists, Axl seeming like he's really giving it his all and having a great time (technical issues from this show aside), and thanking the crew (I remember in 2014 he started to thank Caram and the band at various shows and at the Golden Gods Award). The last show in that 2014 run was, if I remember correctly, June 2014 and the band was back in April 2016 for the beginning of Not in this Lifetime: almost two years. I imagine we'll have a similar break here (maybe an occasional festival show since - unlike 2014 - they have a full functioning band). 

I hope so. A break could be good for them. Honestly I'd be okay if they just decided to pack it in aside from the odd festival show here and there. I find myself with them, and a lot of bands nowadays, begging them not to come near me as I don't wanna pay the money that's just simply asking ticket price these days. I got to see Axl and Slash together finally in 2017. If they never came to Winnipeg again, I can be happy knowing I got to see them. 

Trickle out some releases if anything. Ideally a little quicker than as of late. I don't care if it's original new or reworked new. If I haven't heard it, it's new to me. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Frozeninferno316 said:

Has this video been posted yet?

The more I listen to this, the more I think it should be an overture or interlude of some sort, all that buildup without climax kinda lets it jump the shark. The song would make more sense to me going into "Monsters" or "Chinese Democracy" right after. I like that they play new songs live, but I don't like the randomness of the song sequencing.

16 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, I don't think it means "the end" or anything like that. But it probably means a long break (longer than a year).

According to Slash from that interview a while back, after this tour wraps up, they are supposed to go into the studio and work on a record. 
(which I think will actually happen considering recent events)

My personal prediction is that they'll work on the record after the holidays and over the summer, drop the album by the end of 2024 and tour start of 2025.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1