Gilby Clarke to open for Slash in Chile

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Not sure what the next tours setlist will be, but would be cool to see him jump up on stage with slash for Always On The Run or maybe a Paradise City to close the night with both of them sharing the stage for the first time in like 12 years

I was thinking he'd probably come up and jam Nightrain, they played that on the Living The Dream Tour. Fourtus played Rocket Queen with him on this run, but that's become more of a Fortus song, if you know what I mean

What's funny @double talkin jive mfkr?

Edited by DoMw94
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, The Real McCoy said:

It's a shame that Gilby turned down the guest appearances that he was offered on the NITL tour.

As much as I love Fortus, if he ever decides to leave one day, and Izzy doesn't come back, Gilby better get the call to return. I've always been a fan of his.

I didn't know he was offered. Why would he turn it down?

15 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Would love to see them do Tijuana Jail together, and/or Monkey Chow.

He also wrote Dime Store Rock, which is a killer tune.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2023 at 9:05 AM, DTV88 said:

I would think it’s almost a certainty that Gilby and Slash will share the stage at least once. I don’t recall anything negative said towards each other. 

Slash once said that only Izzy and Dave Kushner were the only guitar players he could write with. Seemed like a dig at Gilby.

1 hour ago, Silence said:

Slash once said that only Izzy and Dave Kushner were the only guitar players he could write with. Seemed like a dig at Gilby.

Even so, they've shared the stage multiple times post-GN'R, and he has invited Gilby to play on his tour

17 hours ago, Cosmo said:

I like Gilby, I really enjoy his playing, but I'm not at all familiarised with his solo stuff. Haven't listened to a single second of one of his songs.

Pawnshop Guitars was a great album at the time.. As a Gn'R fan you should check it out.. There are some killer tracks on there and guest spots from I think Axl, Slash, Duff, Matt, Dizzy and Teddy I believe.. As well as a couple other musicians..

• Like 1