Slash played Don’t Damn Me with Todd Kerns on vocals

17 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Man I wish he leaves that… I even forgot how its called… that slide guitar keyboard he uses for Rocket Man. I hope he leaves that at home. It’s not bad but I wanna listen that outro solo on guitar instead. I wouldn’t mind if he plays it first and switch to guitar at the end but doing the song completely without a real Slash solo feels like a missed opportunity :shrugs:

It looks like he won't:

“Funnily enough, while I was there, they had a book that was basically a bunch of anecdotes about all these different country singers over the years. And it inspired me to go out and buy a pedal steel, and I've been playing pedal steel. So, it definitely had a long-lasting impact.”

That’s when Slash drops a hint for what fans can expect from the upcoming tour: the pedal steel is coming out for at least one song. “I actually am playing it on this tour,” he explains, “I've been woodshedding, you know, up to this point, and I finally decided I can get away with playing at least one song with it. So, it's part of the set.”

https://themusic.com.au/features/slash-myles-kennedy-the-conspirators-australian-tour-4-album-interview/dATKZmloa2o/01-02-24

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DSTK said:

Todd sounds great on it, better than myles on anything he attempts...can't stand the band because of myles one tone voice...strangled cat comes to mind 

Todd as a front man,  yeah gimme that

You said about Myles it that enough people says about Axl.

• Like 3
  • ABSUЯD 1

16 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

Check any of Todd's work and you will see how one-dimensional singer he is. It is a great rock n roll voice but limited, a perfect fit for 'You're Crazy' type of songs where you have to scream loud to get through guitars.

Saying Myles has one tone voice is just ignorant, with obvious lack of knowledge of any of his work. 

Btw. When I was 7 I used to write peoples' names with no respect just like you, hitler etc. :awesomeface:

No it isn't ignorant towards myles, I think he's absolutely shit and one toned, you like him...that's called an opinion

It's allowed , you're just being a dick 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 1/31/2024 at 3:01 PM, Voodoochild said:

Not sure if it was posted before, but in Colombia they played the song and Slash improvised the solo again. Safe to assume that it wasn't a mistake, he just wanted to play it different. 

Great vocal performance. Lovin' it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DSTK said:

No it isn't ignorant towards myles, I think he's absolutely shit and one toned, you like him...that's called an opinion

It's allowed , you're just being a dick 

So you're writing myles instead of Myles on purpose and I am the dick.

Typical axel fan :awesomeface:

Myles appeared in the movie Rockstar along with Michael Star from Steel Panther. On topic, love the performance in the last video posted. Todd's doing well, and to hear slash playing that riff's plain awesome!

Smoke em if you got em!

2 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

So you're writing myles instead of Myles on purpose and I am the dick.

Typical axel fan :awesomeface:

Axel ? Point proven ....imagine an axl fan on a GNR forum, it ain't a Slash feat watching paint dry singing is it? 

Axel haha fuck me you clown

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

Check any of Todd's work and you will see how one-dimensional singer he is. It is a great rock n roll voice but limited, a perfect fit for 'You're Crazy' type of songs where you have to scream loud to get through guitars.

Saying Myles has one tone voice is just ignorant, with obvious lack of knowledge of any of his work. 

Btw. When I was 7 I used to write peoples' names with no respect just like you, hitler etc. :awesomeface:

You're right about Todd. He is one dimensional, but very good at what he has. He does shows in Vegas with Bruce Kulik, doing just 80s Kiss songs. I'm not a big fan of that era, but he sounds fantastic singing the Paul Stanley stuff in the videos I've seen. Either way, I do agree that Myles is a talented vocalist, but his style just gets tedious to me after a short while. I'd take a live show with Todd as a vocalist over Myles any day.

I would take Todd over Myles any day.  Myles may have all the range and talent in the world but his work with Slash is generic and voice can be grating as hell. I am an enormous Slash fan. I ahve devoured every piece of music he has released for decades. Never missed a show. Now I haven't bought an album or seen a show since World on Fire. Mostly due to Myles. I am really looking forward to his next solo album though. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

I guess it's pretty safe to say that we heard absolutely everything the Myles/ Slash combo has to offer, in every variation, multiple times.

Don't damn me is such a cool tune, nice it gets some attention from Slash. I miss his UYI tone on this one very much though, the solo sounds thin and like Dad Rock with his current sound.

• Like 3

On 1/30/2024 at 3:57 PM, Voodoochild said:

Disagree, but maybe I'm thinking as a guitarist. I def got into the song way later than the average GNR fan, and I totally understand why it's considered one of his best solo songs. Both the riff and chorus are extremely catchy.

I do agree that Fill My World is very good, though.

I'm not a guitarist and I'm thinking the same, so no :bitchfight:

• GNFNR 1