Slash played Don’t Damn Me with Todd Kerns on vocals

3 hours ago, kingcanyon said:

just seen that Perfect Crime & Bad Apples are alt choices in the set trying to find out if where i saw it from is reliable or not

Bad Apples would be cool as fuck! I can't imagine Todd (or Myles lol) on Perfect Crime but it'd be interesting to hear...

3 hours ago, kingcanyon said:

just seen that Perfect Crime & Bad Apples are alt choices in the set trying to find out if where i saw it from is reliable or not

Seen that tweet too, no actual photo anywhere. Also, Slash never puts alt songs in printed setlists - looks like somebody remembered GNR sets and mixed facts up. What I know for sure is that they rehearsed Garden of Eden before Living The Dream tour.

Edited by Ralphelmo
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, DK6 said:

I feel like I need to apologise to CD fans who have been going on about Slash ruining solos that they love......

He just ruined a solo that i love    :wacko:

Yeah to me that studio solo is impeccable. Everything I love about Slash's playing in one sitting.... This version, not so much. BUT it's still great hearing it live. Obviously Slash had so e requests that he wasn't.anaging to get into the gnr set

• Like 2

I've been saying all along that it's absolutely singable live. I used to jam it with my band and sang it while playing the riff, too. Feeling vindicated, lol.

Todd generally gets a song or two to just do whatever he wants. Similar to Duff's songs with GNR. So it's actually quite likely that this was Todd's decision and not Slash's. He's had some out there song choices as I recall.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

I've been saying all along that it's absolutely singable live. I used to jam it with my band and sang it while playing the riff, too. Feeling vindicated, lol.

Todd generally gets a song or two to just do whatever he wants. Similar to Duff's songs with GNR. So it's actually quite likely that this was Todd's decision and not Slash's. He's had some out there song choices as I recall.

It was probably Slash... I'm sure someone here has the video, but he was playing it at a GNR soundcheck a year or two ago, and Duff goes 'what was that?' :lol:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, GNRmello77 said:

For me it's gonna be the first time seeing this band live, so I'm good with anything now :) but I get why you'd swap those

You gonna hace fun, because they‘re an awesome live band. Don‘t expect a big show like Slipknot or Rammstein deliver, but you get two hours of pure energetic rock n roll

• Like 1

That solo has just taken the entire shine off this performance for me. Todd sounds great on vocals, but the difference between the original solo and this, err, noodling monstrosity of a solo is the epitome of how much Slash's playing has actually gotten worse as he's aged. He's not even hitting the changes in the melody, which the original does so well, it's just flat out noodling with no connection to the underlying song.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, ZoSo said:

That solo has just taken the entire shine off this performance for me. Todd sounds great on vocals, but the difference between the original solo and this, err, noodling monstrosity of a solo is the epitome of how much Slash's playing has actually gotten worse as he's aged. He's not even hitting the changes in the melody, which the original does so well, it's just flat out noodling with no connection to the underlying song.

Slash was a better player while under the influence. Sober, not so much. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ralphelmo said:

Usual Slash, when he makes a mistake he's struggling really hard to comeback to the original solo. I expect him to master it soon.

Hopefully, yes.

26 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Slash was a better player while under the influence. Sober, not so much. 

Much better!